A Long, Painful Farewell A Brett SI article

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
December 13, 2010
A Long, Painful Farewell

Brett Favre has never known how to let go, and as his concerned family watches, he's paying the price in a final (?) season of brutal hits, ugly picks and unseemly scandal

Brett Favre has never known how to let - 12.13.10 - SI Vault

Very interesting read..

For years I told "Brett fans" Rodgers was misquoted in his SI article,get on board or shut up..No one believed me

The 1st post about this article on Bretts site.. Bretts mom has to have been misquoted

Anyways hypocrites or not this is a good read

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Hate it that his career now, down to the end coming. Sadly, has to end on a painful note. Really hate it for him, and especially his family!

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate it that his career now, down to the end coming. Sadly, has to end on a painful note. Really hate it for him, and especially his family!
He earned it.. Every ache and pain that he has and his family has.. He has no one to blame but himself. I cant feel pity or sorrow for him. If he had retired from The Packers when all the world sent him love and admiration, even his opponents, then he never would have gotten all the injuries and scandals in these past 3 seasons.. It all came down to him and his vanity.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One part of the article his mom said that she wishes he just stayed retired from the Packers

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Fascinating article. Very well written, very informative. His family certainly seems to think it's finally done, and for whatever reason I absolutely believe them. I think this is it for him.

That damn article did get me to feel bad for him somehow. I don't really get how that happened, but it did.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure he is done...He has never said that during a season before..

I do feel sorry for him..For most part on the surface he is a very good guy....I just dont agree with some of the things he lied about or twisted around..

I truthfully cant stand the double standards that his people do or his fans do on his forum..I.E Rodgers wasnt misquoted in an SI article 3 years ago

But Bretts mom is mis quoted in a SI article

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just read it. About a year and a half ago I realized if he father was still alive this would have never happened. This just confirms it. I have to catch myself when reading that, I start to think back to the good ol days with brett, then I think of him in a Vikings jersey and how he gave away our offense to the Lions and I snap back to reality. He made his bed, I am glad to see him sleep in it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How unfulfilling would this season have felt for us fans if brett didnt come back? It would have really bothered me if we would have never beaten Brett.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
How unfulfilling would this season have felt for us fans if brett didnt come back? It would have really bothered me if we would have never beaten Brett.

I thought that immediately after we beat them in Lambeau.

Members online

Latest posts