A little scouting news..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting and might be helpful as a filler waiting for the draft...

Sourcey....

Where have the Packers Scouted

I believe that proof is in the pudding. By that I mean you can trace someones interest by where they have been. Thus where have the Packers coaches and or scouting department along with G.M. Ted Thompson been lately, leading up to this years NFL draft. As of 4/3/08 we know this much, and I will state all the colleges where Green Bay has visited. But lets remember that by no means does this constitute an omission that the Packers will draft anyone from these visits in the upcoming draft.

Case in point, Justin Harrell from Tennessee. The only time that GM Ted Thompson was able to meet with Justin was in passing at last years combine. Most of the work was done behind the scenes by pro scout Mr. McKenzie who came from Tennessee. But every other prospect was poked, prodded and put through the riggors of skill drills to see if the prospect was up to the task.

Lets begin with the colleges pro days that the Packers visited:

It was noted that a Green Bay coach was on hand at Arkansas pro day. Now the coach that was hand was not known. So it could have been a running backs coach or it could have been a defensive backs coach. Now in some mock drafts are now stating that the Packers at the 30th pick will select RB Felix Jones. Felix Jones seems to be a mid first round talent and should not be around the 30th pick but I have seen stranger things. If a defensive coach was in attendance the player could have been Michael Grant, who played safety last year.

GM Ted Thompson was on hand at Georgia's pro day. It's really difficult what player Ted was scouting or if he was scouting all the players on hand in general. But his presents does say a lot.

Packer scouts were on hand at Boston College's pro day. Recently found out that the Packers have some interest in SS/FS Jamie Silva. Jamie could still be around rounds 4 and 5.

Packer scouts were on hand at Tulsa's pro day. While they were there, Chris Chamberlin another safety was being looked over by Green Bay's scouts.

Packer scouts were again on hand at Cincinnati's pro day. This time the Packer scouts seem to be interested in Angelo Craig the DE/OLB but with the Brandon Chillar signing, who knows if this prospect will be of interest to the Packers.

All 32 teams were on hand at Arizona's pro day. So if Green Bay was there, Antonio Cason should have been the only prospect that they were interested in.

Again all 32 teams were on hand at Arizona State's pro day. The only prospect that could have of notice to the Packers was Joshua Barrett a good looking prospect at the safety position.

Packers scouts were at the Northwest Missouri State pro day. The prospect that the Packers do like is RB Xavier Omon.

Packers scouts were at the Oklahoma pro day. The prospect that the Packers have some interest in is Curis Lofton. But again with the Brandon Chillar signing, and the possibility of a successful return from two knee surgeries by Abdul Hodge, there might not be enough room at the LB position for any drafting.

Packers worked out prospect RB Lavarius Giles from JSU.

Packers scouted Pittsburgh's pro day. A couple of prospects might be Mike McGlynn OL and Darrell Strong TE, that Green Bay has some interest in.

Packers scouted Lambuth pro day. The prospect that interested Green Bay was RB Allen Ervin

All 32 teams were on hand at LSU's pro day. Any body's guess is as good as mine as to who the Packers were scouting while at LSU's pro day.

Packers scouted Texas pro day. Their are many prospects that interests Green Bay and they are TE Jermichael Finley, RB Jamaal Charles, DT Frank Okam, and OL Tony Hills.

Packers scouted Wester Michigan pro day. They are interested in OL James Blair.

For some minor notables, the Packers are interested in Duvaughn Flagler WR from Gardner-Webb. The Packers are also interested in Luke Swan WR from Wisconsin.

At the moment that is what I have come across in many different articles on the upcoming draft. Hopefully the Packers will be able to get the players that will continue the teams success for the upcoming years season.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Silva sounds like a TT gem found in the 4th or 5th rounds.

kids a pretty decent player... seems to have a knack for being around the ball and has a crazy good motor. also impressive length. tremendous upside and any other hilarious draft day terms you wanna give him.

definetly a 4th rounder, but definetly worth a shot.

Members online

Latest posts