A little disappointed..

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I finally had the time to watch the replay of the SB, and I found myself at the end of the game sighing a bit, I missed the mighty Kuhn, he only played a couple downs, and had no touches of the pigskin at all. Pity really. Looking back, there were a couple plays in that 3rd quarter we could have really used his muscle.

Maybe I have too much man love for him, but I feel a little cheated! :)

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn made his impact throughout the season and postseason......But I too was a little dissapointed when I saw the ball handed to Starks on some 3rd and 1s...Though he generally got the job done and I think had an underrated game. Also could've seen a couple screens to kuhn.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The simple fact is MM realized our o-line was no match for the Steelers' d-line in run situations.

It's something that needs fixing.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn did wonderfull filling in as a HB but hes a FB. James Starks was there and it's not smart to run against the steelers.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Can't be disappointed at all.

We walked away with the Trophy, even after all the dropped passes and blown calls.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I finally had the time to watch the replay of the SB, and I found myself at the end of the game sighing a bit, I missed the mighty Kuhn, he only played a couple downs, and had no touches of the pigskin at all. Pity really. Looking back, there were a couple plays in that 3rd quarter we could have really used his muscle.

I read ya loud and clear bud.
It does suck that players (Not just Kuuuuuuhhhhhn!) who were key in the season and post didn't get much utilized in the SB.
If it makes you feel better:
1) Kuuuuuuhhhhhhn! was a Stealer SB winner. (On the practice squad, I think.) However this time, no doubt, he will feel like he earned this one.
2) He did very well during the reg. season and those contributions did help the Pack get to the SB.
3) Have hope that he will be back next year and can repeat and maybe do better and improve next time.
I hope it's not the last we've seen of him when Grant comes back.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Ivo predicted, Kuhn and Starks gave way to Jackson, who's one of the best pass protection backs in football, specially recognizing the blitz, which is huge against the Steelers.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Blitz pickup was more important to us than running. Only 11 running attempts. B-jack is better at blitz pickup so Kuhn was of limited value in this game plan. MM should get props for game planning. 8-0 when he has 2 weeks to prepare.

petertosh

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How could you watch the replay and actually be disappointed? I know Kuhn is a fan favorite and all but I would much rather walk away world champs, then the team that lost because they wanted to run their fullback against the Steelers.

OP
OP
A

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read ya loud and clear bud.
It does suck that players (Not just Kuuuuuuhhhhhn!) who were key in the season and post didn't get much utilized in the SB.
If it makes you feel better:
1) Kuuuuuuhhhhhhn! was a Stealer SB winner. (On the practice squad, I think.) However this time, no doubt, he will feel like he earned this one.
2) He did very well during the reg. season and those contributions did help the Pack get to the SB.
3) Have hope that he will be back next year and can repeat and maybe do better and improve next time.
I hope it's not the last we've seen of him when Grant comes back.

Thanks FF, you are the only one who actually gets this post. I am not disappointed, Of course I am over the moon that we won, it's all about Kuhn not getting, utilized, not anything about the result.

Biggest game for him ever, not much game time is all!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
It seemed like every time Kuhn was in, they blitzed. He had to help block instead of going out on patterns.

petertosh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks FF, you are the only one who actually gets this post. I am not disappointed, Of course I am over the moon that we won, it's all about Kuhn not getting, utilized, not anything about the result.

Biggest game for him ever, not much game time is all!
I understand your point, that you would have liked to see him get some chances. There are a lot of players I would have liked to see have a big game as well, but now that their world champs it really doesn't matter.

Members online

Latest posts