A guy on the radio summed it up best.......

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listening to WTMJ this morning (out of Milwaukee) a guy summed up the whole Favre/Packers thing best i think.
It's like there is a divorce, and you are friends of both parties involved. You love both, but which side do you go with?
Thats kind of how i feel.........I love both. And which ever way you side, you will make enemies.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think its necessary to take sides. You can love both. My parents divorced when I was 18 and they don't talk to each other at all. But I still have good relationships with both.

As far as the Favre/Packers debate, I'm really not going to blame either side. All good things must come to an end. And I will root for Brett wherever he goes, just not if he plays the Packers.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think its necessary to take sides. You can love both. My parents divorced when I was 18 and they don't talk to each other at all. But I still have good relationships with both.

As far as the Favre/Packers debate, I'm really not going to blame either side. All good things must come to an end. And I will root for Brett wherever he goes, just not if he plays the Packers.
Thats exactly how i feel David.
I have my opinions on who was right on this or that. But when it all comes to an end, i will love Favre AND the Packers.
I was a Packer fan before Favre was even born, and i will die a Packer fan. Heck, if the screw ups of the 1970's and 80's didn't make me leave, why would this?

Jake

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre made his bed on this one. The Packers have made all the right decisions to move this team forward, including offering Brett a chance to return. If Favre ends up anywhere else, it's no fault but his own.

This divorce is the result of a Brett Favre affair. The Packers are the real victims here.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hold no ill will towards Brett. And I agree with the sentiment above that I will be rooting for him to do well in games not against GB. That said, Favre can't expect for the end to be entirely one-sided. You can't string along the franchise for 3 seasons, retire once - talk about coming back, then retire again and expect GB to welcome you with open arms 2 weeks before camp.

For the same reasons Favre was given some room to decide to comeback and 2-3 chances to return before June, the Packers should be allowed to control his rights. As long as they don't send him to Miami for some magic beans, I don't see how Favre can be upset. And, in the end, Favre has the ability to stay retired if he doesn't like the team.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Brett, and I was on his side in this until I heard the story of him changing his mind twice less than a month after his press conference. I can understand indecisiveness as well as anyone, but he's really put the Packers into a no-win situation here.

I honestly can't think of any resolutions to this that are good for everyone involved.

I think the best we can hope for is that the Packers trade him to a team he'll be willing to play for (and maybe restructure his contract for). Hopefully someone in the AFC - or at least an NFC team that we won't be playing against anytime soon.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like a divorce where one side decides to leave, then doesn't understand when the other side decides to move on with their life.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts