A Green Bay Packer named Banjo

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/article.php?article=40662

Friday night, Hawk's Bar and Grill on State Street. The first Packers preseason game was on all the TV screens because of course it was. The contest was unremarkable even by exhibition standards. Green Bay was being shut out; by the time my friend and I arrived, the proceedings were well into garbage time and the patrons had stopped paying attention. Then, just before slipping into our final cocktails and the general indifference of the room, we noticed a beautiful thing:

The Packers have a player named...Banjo? I blinked to refocus. That's right, Banjo. As in, fee fie fiddley-i-o, strummin' on the ol'.

And just like that, I had a new favorite Packer. Chris Banjo. I've always been a sucker for cool names; easy that way, you might say.

Unfortunately for me and his other new fanboys, Banjo's bio is paper-thin and his prospects for sticking around could be the same. He's a safety who started for four years at SMU, but things have not gone auspiciously from there. He went undrafted in 2012 and was summarily released after tryouts with the Raiders, Steelers and Jaguars. Green Bay picked up Banjo on July 29, and he did lead the Packers in tackles Friday night, which almost certainly was his brightest NFL moment to date. However, it's not a good sign that (pun alert) he was out there with the other fourth- and fifth-stringers.

Making the team might be a long shot, but hope springs eternal, and as Steve Martin has said, you can't play a sad song on the banjo. I look forward to a future Sunday in which my man intercepts an overthrown deep route and goes the other way while Wayne Larrivee shrieks, "BANJO WITH THE PICK!"

Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, you have to make this happen.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If/when he does something awesome, they could play a few bars of Dueling Banjos over the PA.

Dar-Dar-Dar-Dar-Dar-Dar-Dar-Dar-Dar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Small chance he makes Roster simply for poor depth should Richardson never play again, but more likely he faces Fulton for a PS spot. I like the kid. Still trying to figure out if he is a better fit at FS or SS...

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/article.php?article=40662

Friday night, Hawk's Bar and Grill on State Street. The first Packers preseason game was on all the TV screens because of course it was. The contest was unremarkable even by exhibition standards. Green Bay was being shut out; by the time my friend and I arrived, the proceedings were well into garbage time and the patrons had stopped paying attention. Then, just before slipping into our final cocktails and the general indifference of the room, we noticed a beautiful thing:

The Packers have a player named...Banjo? I blinked to refocus. That's right, Banjo. As in, fee fie fiddley-i-o, strummin' on the ol'.

And just like that, I had a new favorite Packer. Chris Banjo. I've always been a sucker for cool names; easy that way, you might say.

Unfortunately for me and his other new fanboys, Banjo's bio is paper-thin and his prospects for sticking around could be the same. He's a safety who started for four years at SMU, but things have not gone auspiciously from there. He went undrafted in 2012 and was summarily released after tryouts with the Raiders, Steelers and Jaguars. Green Bay picked up Banjo on July 29, and he did lead the Packers in tackles Friday night, which almost certainly was his brightest NFL moment to date. However, it's not a good sign that (pun alert) he was out there with the other fourth- and fifth-stringers.

Making the team might be a long shot, but hope springs eternal, and as Steve Martin has said, you can't play a sad song on the banjo. I look forward to a future Sunday in which my man intercepts an overthrown deep route and goes the other way while Wayne Larrivee shrieks, "BANJO WITH THE PICK!"

Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, you have to make this happen.
Thank God we didn`t sign Edward Fartbox.......:roflmao:. FF, you definately make me laugh at times....lol

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank God we didn`t sign Edward Fartbox.......:roflmao:. FF, you definately make me laugh at times....lol

I'm glad to.
I hope you do realize though that I didn't write the piece.
But the point of posting was to share this humorous look at something Packers related.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm glad to.
I hope you do realize though that I didn't write the piece.
But the point of posting was to share this humorous look at something Packers related.
and I certainly didn't mean any offence to you. that just made me laugh out loud

Members online

Latest posts