A Great Day For Football Fans!

Reaction score
Looks like the lockout's end is near! The Players and Owners have agreed to the 120 Million salary cap and rookie wages. By the sounds of it, it looks like the lockout will be lifted no later than sunday night!

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't jinx it now! But yhea all signs are pointing towards it. Hopefully they remove the lockout and I can finally buy tickets to my first Packers game ever!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still a few issues to work out. including the legacy fund, one-time free agent right-of-first-refusal tags, player safety, and litigation entanglements.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Still a few issues to work out. including the legacy fund, one-time free agent right-of-first-refusal tags, player safety, and litigation entanglements.

From everything I have heard and read all those seem to be pretty minor issues that both sides should be able to reach agreements on pretty easily. Here's hoping!!!! GO PACK!!!!!!!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The players had a secret insurance policy that would pay them 200,000 if no football was played..

Owners were made aware of it the other day and speculation is that owners thought players would fold once they started to lose money...But if they got a 200K payday owners might be scared now since they would be only ones losing money

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
The players had a secret insurance policy that would pay them 200,000 if no football was played..

Owners were made aware of it the other day and speculation is that owners thought players would fold once they started to lose money...But if they got a 200K payday owners might be scared now since they would be only ones losing money

That was one smart backup plan the players had!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From everything I have heard and read all those seem to be pretty minor issues that both sides should be able to reach agreements on pretty easily. Here's hoping!!!! GO PACK!!!!!!!!!

You're still talking about a $9 Billion empire. Nothing is simple, and any one factor can hold up or even derail an agreement.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cmon man. This shouldn't even have gone this far. This is not a great day, though it feels like it. It's just a normal day after 100+ crappy, crappy days driven by petty millionaires.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think that would barely cover Antonio Cromartie's child support payments.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree it's a smart move by the players, but lets remember $200,000 is a LOT LESS than what a lot of those guys make, and likely wouldn't last that long for most of them. They'd still be in financial dire straights by mid-season.

Also, I heard it reported towards the beginning of this lockout that the owners were/are could miss this entire season, and would still have all their expenses covered. The lockout insurance deal they made with the TV networks was to cover them for next season.

Members online

Latest posts