A few reasons why Ted Thompson ISN'T pushing Favre out

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though its unfair to me, because there has been more cut than signed at this point (march 14th 2006), theres probably more against me than for me, but some monkeys(buck,winni,etc) want to play this game so whatever, lets play.

here are some actions TT has done to try to keep Favre around:

1. He Fired Sherman - Hello!? He finally got rid of ol Sherm-head, who couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag. He is TRYING to get someone in here who can win some playoff games(the jury is still out on mccarthy, thats not the point at THIS time)

2. Hired Mike McCarthy - He hired Bretts former QB coach for crying out loud. Open your eyes, shmucks.

3. Hired Jeff Jagodzinski - Jag brings 'creative' offense to the packers. Creativity is a word that wasn't in our previous OC's vocabulary. He is also bringing zone blocking with him to help with the run game, so brett isn't the only weapon.

4. Re-signed Ahman Green - Favres partner in crime the last 5+ years, doing damage all across the NFL, not to mention a friend of his.

5. Promoted Sanders to DC - Bates didnt work out, but Favre only knew Bates for a year. What Sanders brings is something we haven't had in 5 years, the same defensive scheme in back-to-back years.

6. Big Recievers - Coincidence that Brett likes BIG recievers, and now our GM\HC\OC like BIG Wr's? Right.

7. Bubba re-signed - Favres favorite red zone target returns.

--------------------

This is subjective of course, as are the opinions that TT is pushing him out. henderson hasn't been re-signed yet, and if he is, add that for #8. When TT gets a good WR(which i think he will), put that up for #9. When we get some guards who will protect favre, throw that up at #10 for me, ok?

Now I know what some of you will say..

"TT hasn't done ANYTHING to fix that OFFENSIVE LINE! "
- Free Agency is more than 1 week, I have tried to explain this multiple times. The brick wall understood it, why can't you?

"TT let Longwell go to the VIKINGS!"
-Longwell and Favre were pals yes, but Favre is competitive, does he want someone in a key position to be his buddy, or be someone who can actually kick a clutch field goal, which Longwell DID NOT do in 2005. Having Doug Pederson on the team was fine, he was a backup, the KICKER is a valuable position and needs to be filled with MORE than a friend, a GOOD KICKER who doesn't whine and cry and blame everyone but himself, which im sure Favre just LOVED, btw. :roll:

"TT is ruining things with Javon! Favre needs recievers!"
-Javon is a ******, but there is no reason to believe he won't be on the team. His teammates responses hint he could easilly be back, and could be blowing smoke. Also, if you didn't know, Javon is in NO position to be making threats.
-As far as other recievers, Free Agency is more than 1 week, I have tried to explain this multiple times. The brick wall understood it, why can't you?

"TT hasn't done anything to build a good defense! We need to stop the other team from scoring!"
-He signed a safety that HE drafted, and coach Sanders has COACHED before. I think they know what he can do. He is also in negotiations with Ryan Pickett. This is where I am at the disadvantage in this argument, because Free agency isn't done yet.

"TT is letting Henderson GO?!"
-That hasn't even played out yet. Free Agency is more than 1 week, I have tried to explain this multiple times. The brick wall understood it, why can't you?

and my personal favorite....

"TT isn't doing ANYTHING in Free Agency, What is he doing to help Brett decide to come back?!"
-Free Agency is more than 1 week, I have tried to explain this multiple times. The brick wall understood it, why can't you?

--------------

I am at the disadvantage in this argument, but i'll humor the conspiracy nuts anyway.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Did you read the article that Mike Wahle said Jags being hired was a good thing? He said the OL would adjust to it easily. Saying if anyone has a problem adapting to Zone Blocking it would be the RBs.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good thing gado has zone blocking experience in college. see how it all works out.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
good thing gado has zone blocking experience in college. see how it all works out.

No. I missed the first game of the season. Could you link me up with the torrent file?

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

I like Gado, but get real. The kid never rose higher than 3rd string at Liberty college. When do you think all of this experience was acquired???

Further, zone blocking is great, but it will be nothing like anything he experience at practice at Liberty College. The speed, the size, the angles, the type of defenses faced -- everything will be different.

Sherman and staff did and amazing job of coaching this raw kid and getting him on the field. He has raw athletic ability, but anything he does as a Pro will have absolutely Nothing to do with anything he did or (more accurately) didn't do in College.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few reasons tromadz should have his meds checked...

tromadz said:

1. He Fired Sherman - Hello!? He finally got rid of ol Sherm-head, who couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag. He is TRYING to get someone in here who can win some playoff games(the jury is still out on mccarthy, thats not the point at THIS time)

Hello!!!! Brett listed retaining Sherman as one of the things that would make it more likely for him to return. You are correct, we don't know how McCarthy will coach in the playoffs, because he has only gotten there once as a coach -- and that was a loss.

tromadz said:
2. Hired Mike McCarthy - He hired Bretts former QB coach for crying out loud. Open your eyes, shmucks.

Yes, his coach during his worst statistical year, the only year that he failed to have a winning record and one of the rare times he missed the playoffs -- until last season. Of course McCarthy was fired after that season, but who needs to pay attention to facts -- right Trom?

tromadz said:
3. Hired Jeff Jagodzinski - Jag brings 'creative' offense to the packers. Creativity is a word that wasn't in our previous OC's vocabulary. He is also bringing zone blocking with him to help with the run game, so brett isn't the only weapon.

Excuse me? I think Jags has the makings of a good coach, but he has never been more than a TE or offensive line coach before. He will not be calling the plays in GB, McCarthy will. Mike McCarthy was the offensive coordinator of the 32 ranked offense in the NFL. Only in your drug altered reality can one see that as an upgrade. So tell me again, on what basis do you claim that he will bring 'creative' offense' to the Packers? BTW No running back in the league gained more yards than Ahman Green during the period of 2000-2004. The Packers had one of the best running games in football prior to last season -- when Ted dismantled one of the top offensive lines in the game. I am excited about the Packers shifting to zone blocking, but come on!!!

tromadz said:
4. Re-signed Ahman Green - Favres partner in crime the last 5+ years, doing damage all across the NFL, not to mention a friend of his.

I guess this proves that even a blind squirrel will find an acorn if he lives in an Oak savanah. You finally posted something that makes sense.

tromadz said:
5. Promoted Sanders to DC - Bates didnt work out, but Favre only knew Bates for a year. What Sanders brings is something we haven't had in 5 years, the same defensive scheme in back-to-back years.

Again you miss the mark. Brett lobbied for Bates after Sherman was let go. Thompson passed on Brett's second choice. I like Saunders and think he was a good choice, but it is a stretch to call it TT trying to woo Favre back for another season. Further, Donetell was the defensive coordinator through 2003 (he was fired after the Philly loss) I understand that you are literarily challenges, but are you math challenged as well?

tromadz said:
6. Big Recievers - Coincidence that Brett likes BIG recievers, and now our GM\HC\OC like BIG Wr's? Right.

Now that I have stopped laughing I will try to respond. Javon is holding out, leaving Donald Driver - a wonderful, but undersized receiver as the #1 guy, Murphy's career is likely over, Ferguson is the only other returning Veteran with any NFL playing time. Gardner is a UFA -- who Thompson has not seen fit to even start negotiating with yet. And thus far he has not ever brought a Free Agent in for a look -- unless you want to count a 7th round draft choice with 0 catches in his career, 15 did not plays on his 16 game resume and who was cut by the Jets -- one of the few teams drafting ahead of us because they had such a pathetic record.

tromadz said:

Newsflash Bubba was resigned last year, it has nothing to do with Thompson trying to please or entice Brett back.

tromadz said:
Henderson hasn't been re-signed yet, and if he is, add that for #8.

Explain to me again how it is you want to count not signing Henderson as plus???

tromadz said:
When TT gets a good WR(which i think he will), put that up for #9.

Again, you want to take Thompson's record of not finding receivers, unless you want to count guys like Thurman as some kind of plus???? Ok! No wonder you are so often off tilt!

tromadz said:
When we get some guards who will protect favre, throw that up at #10 for me, ok?

So far what Ted has shown Brett in this regard is cutting an All Pro LG named Wahle, letting one of his best friends named Marco go to one of his most hated rivals -- Dallas, and signing such powerhouse free agents as O'Dwyer and Klemm. And you see this as an effort by TT to convince Brett to come back. What drugs are you taking?????

tromadz said:
The brick wall understood it, why can't you?

Finally something that makes sense in a strange and twisted way. trom talks to brick walls and not only thinks they are talking back to him, but that they're agreeing with him. tromadz, I think you should talk to the doctor when you have your next med check.
--------------

tromadz said:
I am ... disadvantaged in this argument

Yes, in this argument and probably in most life functioning. But be proud, Brother. God works in strange and mysterious ways.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Ummm...I admire your undieing support for TT. Seriously I had it for Sherman. My *** is still sore. But you are getting a little out of control. Gado had very little experience at anything in college AND MM/TT have let it be known that they are not sold on Gado.

The popular thing to do on this board is to rip Sherman. That will always score some points. But in three years we should compare Sherman's record as GM, vs. TT's. If TT wins a couple of Division titles and playoff games everybody here will be pretty f-ing happy. Hell, I'm willing to bet you'd be sh1tting cupcakes.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:

Ummm...I admire your undieing support for TT. Seriously I had it for Sherman. My *** is still sore. But you are getting a little out of control. Gado had very little experience at anything in college AND MM/TT have let it be known that they are not sold on Gado.

The popular thing to do on this board is to rip Sherman. That will always score some points. But in three years we should compare Sherman's record as GM, vs. TT's. If TT wins a couple of Division titles and playoff games everybody here will be pretty f-ing happy. Hell, I'm willing to bet you'd be sh1tting cupcakes.

Gado...has experience playing with zone blocking. That is a "fact" ..why are you people idiots?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: A few reasons tromadz should have his meds checked...

Bruce said:
tromadz said:

Hello!!!! Brett listed retaining Sherman as one of the things that would make it more likely for him to return. You are correct, we don't know how McCarthy will coach in the playoffs, because he has only gotten there once as a coach -- and that was a loss.

tromadz said:

Yes, his coach during his worst statistical year, the only year that he failed to have a winning record and one of the rare times he missed the playoffs -- until last season. Of course McCarthy was fired after that season, but who needs to pay attention to facts -- right Trom?

tromadz said:

Excuse me? I think Jags has the makings of a good coach, but he has never been more than a TE or offensive line coach before. He will not be calling the plays in GB, McCarthy will. Mike McCarthy was the offensive coordinator of the 32 ranked offense in the NFL. Only in your drug altered reality can one see that as an upgrade. So tell me again, on what basis do you claim that he will bring 'creative' offense' to the Packers? BTW No running back in the league gained more yards than Ahman Green during the period of 2000-2004. The Packers had one of the best running games in football prior to last season -- when Ted dismantled one of the top offensive lines in the game. I am excited about the Packers shifting to zone blocking, but come on!!!

tromadz said:

I guess this proves that even a blind squirrel will find an acorn if he lives in an Oak savanah. You finally posted something that makes sense.

tromadz said:

Again you miss the mark. Brett lobbied for Bates after Sherman was let go. Thompson passed on Brett's second choice. I like Saunders and think he was a good choice, but it is a stretch to call it TT trying to woo Favre back for another season. Further, Donetell was the defensive coordinator through 2003 (he was fired after the Philly loss) I understand that you are literarily challenges, but are you math challenged as well?

tromadz said:

Now that I have stopped laughing I will try to respond. Javon is holding out, leaving Donald Driver - a wonderful, but undersized receiver as the #1 guy, Murphy's career is likely over, Ferguson is the only other returning Veteran with any NFL playing time. Gardner is a UFA -- who Thompson has not seen fit to even start negotiating with yet. And thus far he has not ever brought a Free Agent in for a look -- unless you want to count a 7th round draft choice with 0 catches in his career, 15 did not plays on his 16 game resume and who was cut by the Jets -- one of the few teams drafting ahead of us because they had such a pathetic record.

tromadz said:

Newsflash Bubba was resigned last year, it has nothing to do with Thompson trying to please or entice Brett back.

tromadz said:
Henderson hasn't been re-signed yet, and if he is, add that for #8.

Explain to me again how it is you want to count not signing Henderson as plus???

tromadz said:
When TT gets a good WR(which i think he will), put that up for #9.

Again, you want to take Thompson's record of not finding receivers, unless you want to count guys like Thurman as some kind of plus???? Ok! No wonder you are so often off tilt!

tromadz said:
When we get some guards who will protect favre, throw that up at #10 for me, ok?

So far what Ted has shown Brett in this regard is cutting an All Pro LG named Wahle, letting one of his best friends named Marco go to one of his most hated rivals -- Dallas, and signing such powerhouse free agents as O'Dwyer and Klemm. And you see this as an effort by TT to convince Brett to come back. What drugs are you taking?????

tromadz said:
The brick wall understood it, why can't you?

Finally something that makes sense in a strange and twisted way. trom talks to brick walls and not only thinks they are talking back to him, but that they're agreeing with him. tromadz, I think you should talk to the doctor when you have your next med check.
--------------

tromadz said:
I am ... disadvantaged in this argument

Yes, in this argument and probably in most life functioning. But be proud, Brother. God works in strange and mysterious ways.

I enjoyed that, because you offered little facts, and just used that to 'bash' me. good job!

But like I said, its subjective (goto dictionary.com). As every "TT is pushing favre out" conspiracy idiot finds a "fact" that "proves" TT is pushing favre out, someone could easilly find a "fact" and "prove" he isn't.

Good job missing the point, but thats not new for packerforum.com'ers

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
tromadz said:

Son...you throw around the word idiot alot. That says a whole lot about you. I bet when the doctor slapped your *** you called him an idiot!

Gado...has experience playing with zone blocking. That is a "fact" ..why are you people idiots?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:
DePack said:
tromadz said:

Son...you throw around the word idiot alot. That says a whole lot about you. I bet when the doctor slapped your *** you called him an idiot!

you just used 'quotes' very wrong, you should probably fix that. Your words are in the quote box before MY words. why DO I call people idiots? Hm.....

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont need a blowup doll, ill hook up with the REAL TT, ok! We can clip coupons together and go to garage sales, looking for some bargains.

Members online

Latest posts