A Few Post-Game, non-ref related Thoughts.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • This defense is for real. Seattle is supposed to have one of the best running attacks in the league and we did a pretty good job of containing Lynch. A couple of bad coverages in the first half were the only real mistakes the defense made.
  • Like most everyone else, I thought that if our defense improved we'd be unbeatable. What I didn't expect was for our OL to take such a huge step back. They are simply awful. I don't know why exactly. Bulaga has been beat a bunch of times in the last 3 games. He was supposedly our fixture at RT. Our prospects for the playoffs do not look good with the way they are playing now.
  • It seems like McCarthy and the Packer offense can be very slow to make adjustments. If Rodgers was getting that much pressure in the first half, why the hell didn't they go more to a run and short, quick passing game immediately?
  • Jermichael Finley did have one bad 3-down drop, but it looked to me like he made some big catches in the second half and earned his keep.
  • Glad to see Nick Perry run down Wilson for the only sack. We need more of him doing that.
  • Packer offense was deadly in the red zone last year. This year they seem to be having a lot of trouble getting it into the end zone. Really concerns me.
  • Cedric Benson was caught behind the LOS several times and rather than getting tackled for a loss was able to turn it into gain.
  • Rodgers has a tendency to hold onto the ball way too much. He has to take responsibility for some of the sacks tonite. Maybe they were coverage sacks, but jeez, at least throw the ball away.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Finley didn't have any drops. The defender got his hand inside and knocked it away.

We need more balance on offense. If we played the first half on offense like the 2nd half, we would have won by a couple TDs.

OP
OP
ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley didn't have any drops. The defender got his hand inside and knocked it away.

We need more balance on offense. If we played the first half on offense like the 2nd half, we would have won by a couple TDs.
Yeah you're right, my mistake. Defender did get his hand in there, still I thought Finley could have caught it, but it would have been a good catch for sure.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense is looking good, but our offense is a huge problem now. We may not even make the playoffs if we don't fix the offense. Guys aren't getting open, opposing defenses may have figured out how to stop the Packers vertical attack. Check this out:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/75563/mnf-preview-seahawks-keys-vs-packers

It says in weeks 1-14 last year, Rodgers was 51 for 96 on passes over 15 yards for a 16.7 yards per attempt, and 13 TDs and 2 INTs. But in the 5 games after that, Rodgers is only 9 for 35 for a 7.8 yards per attempt with only 3 TDs and 2 INTs. That doesn't even include last night's game, where Rodgers only completed one pass over 15 yards.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The defense is looking good, but our offense is a huge problem now. We may not even make the playoffs if we don't fix the offense. Guys aren't getting open, opposing defenses may have figured out how to stop the Packers vertical attack. Check this out:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/75563/mnf-preview-seahawks-keys-vs-packers

It says in weeks 1-14 last year, Rodgers was 51 for 96 on passes over 15 yards for a 16.7 yards per attempt, and 13 TDs and 2 INTs. But in the 5 games after that, Rodgers is only 9 for 35 for a 7.8 yards per attempt with only 3 TDs and 2 INTs. That doesn't even include last night's game, where Rodgers only completed one pass over 15 yards.

That coincideds with when we basically stopped running the ball. We have a capable runner now. We need to use him more than just the second half.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive line looked like a different group in the 2nd half. Why were they not ready to play in the first?

Members online

Latest posts