A few notes from a Charger Fan

boltzmeanbiznezz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) As a die hard Charger fan, the Pack is the only acceptable winner in the Superbowl...so Go Pack!

2) I dig the "belt dance" and I even made a GIF of it.
I made one with Matt Flynn as I think he did it better than Rodgers has.
here you go:
Packers Belt Dance Animated GIF | Football GIFs - GIFSoup.com

Also, I'd like to point out that if Philip Rivers were to do something like this. He would be vilified.

3) In SD, it is has become somewhat acceptable for people to still wear LT jerseys. I was wondering how that works for #4 Jerseys. Just curious.

Some of you may know, Charger fans have a special hate for Cutler, so I hope the Pack stomps him.

That is all.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bolt~

The Green Bay Packers are my heart, but the Chargers are my AFC team. I like Rivers' swagger... I'm still a HUGE Merriman fan... I think AJ Smith is a super-intelligent GM.

I appreciate the belt dance... loved it when ARod did it against Atlanta Saturday.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
LT didn't go to a division rival just to spite the Bolts. It's a tougher call with Favre.

Welcome and thanks for your input.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think once he is out of the news for a while..Wouldnt hurt for us to have some good seasons as well..

At least for me that would be fine

But I know when he is at the HOF giving his speech I will be PROUD of what he has done for the Packers..Doesnt mean I have to agree with what he did

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome.

Not acceptable to wear any #4 stuff. He is a vilified. Its a touchy subject around here

OP
OP
B

boltzmeanbiznezz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, the Belt dance is cool and subtle not like the Lights Out Dance. LOL. Hopefully you guys will see it alot against Chicago.

Bolt~

The Green Bay Packers are my heart, but the Chargers are my AFC team. I like Rivers' swagger... I'm still a HUGE Merriman fan... I think AJ Smith is a super-intelligent GM.

I appreciate the belt dance... loved it when ARod did it against Atlanta Saturday.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't stand anything that is Favre...right now...When he gets Inducted I'll probably be over it, but Boltz...you have NO IDEA how many posts there are about Favre.....ZERO...I don't think even the moderators can fathom how many there are...It's cool hearing someone putting on a cheesehead from the AFC!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Bolts are my favorite AFC, and was pulling for you guys every year on the AFC side. Really loving your powder blue unis. Also your record against the Packers helps with us. Hoping Rivers can get his ring the year A-Rod has a slump.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. But it wasn't a smooth transition on LT's part (AJ Smith didnt help either).

Favre called the lions to tell them everything he knew about our playcalling after he left. Then took small shots at the packers after he ended up in Minnesota.

As far as LT and SD, I see both sides.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre called the lions to tell them everything he knew about our playcalling after he left. Then took small shots at the packers after he ended up in Minnesota.

As far as LT and SD, I see both sides.

really?!? from what source did you discover that?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Not acceptable to wear #4. I honestly don't have a clue where my Farve Jersey went to. I think I was so pissed I threw it somewhere or away. No clue what happened to it. Might be sitting behind the washing machine for the last 3-4 years. I dunno.

Thanks for the support!

I like how Rodgers made a point to put on the belt after his TD run in Atlanta after Abraham mocked it in front of him.

OP
OP
B

boltzmeanbiznezz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From your keyboard to Gods ears. Last year at the beginning of the season, some analyst was predicting a Chargers/ Packers Superbowl. That would have been nice.

Bolts are my favorite AFC, and was pulling for you guys every year on the AFC side. Really loving your powder blue unis. Also your record against the Packers helps with us. Hoping Rivers can get his ring the year A-Rod has a slump.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Peter King

I think if the Fox report on Brett Favre is correct about him advising the Detroit Lions with tips on how to beat the Green Bay Packers, his reputation will be irrevocably tarnished in Wisconsin. Favre “gave the [Lions'] coaching staff like an hour or a 90-minute dissertation, every single thing that the Green Bay Packers do on offense.” I know Favre and former Lions GM Matt Millen are close, and Millen is a great admirer of Favre’s. There’s nothing illegal about this, if it did happen. But it would be seen as an act of betrayal by the Packers and their fans, obviously. Favre texted me before the Jets-Raiders Sunday to call the story “total bs … not true and pretty ridiculous. I’m telling you it’s not true. What the hell is their [Fox's] problem?” Lions Chief Operating Officer Tom Lewand told me, “Our coaches are perplexed. There was no coaching of our coaching staff [by Favre].” But there was one semi-damning quote out of the Lions’ locker room Sunday. “No comment,” said head coach Rod Marinelli, when asked about the report.

Labor strife looms, Dallas Cowboys dysfunction and more NFL notes - Peter King - SI.com

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I would of liked a Chargers/Packers superbowl, it would of been a thing of beauty. Hopefully the Chargers can build themselves this off season, maybe learn a few things from the Packers about depth. (No insult meant, just the Packers have done such a great thing with it, I hope some teams could learn from them) Rivers is similar to Rodgers in the sense both can make huge numbers for their team.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
GB actually from what I understand take notes on how to build the franchise from the Patriots. In the sense of building through the draft, never giving away draft picks..etc.. Dunno how true it is. Rodgers seems to admire Tom Brady after he gave Rodgers some mentoring.

OP
OP
B

boltzmeanbiznezz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our depth in some positions( WR and LB was pretty spectacular this year). Our special teams is what did us in. That and starting out flat in key games.

Always room for improvement though.

I would of liked a Chargers/Packers superbowl, it would of been a thing of beauty. Hopefully the Chargers can build themselves this off season, maybe learn a few things from the Packers about depth. (No insult meant, just the Packers have done such a great thing with it, I hope some teams could learn from them) Rivers is similar to Rodgers in the sense both can make huge numbers for their team.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Bolts are my second favorite team. I've been following them since Air Coryell. I saw an interesting piece today on ESPN or SI where the reporter was doing an inside piece on the art of QBing. He asked Rivers who he admired and Rivers said "Aaron Rodgers" "his mechanics are tight"
I had hoped for a Packers/Chargers SB too, would have been rooting against your team though, always Packers first.
You guys will be alright next year, just dug yourself too big of a hole this year.
Thanks for the well wishes, I hope we stomp the daylights out of Jay Cutler too. At least figuratively.

Members online

Latest posts