A Cowboys Fan's Last Wish

CowboyFan94

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey all, first off I'd like to say PACKERS SUCK!!! :) Good game last week though!!! In all seriousness, I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan and caught the game in Green Bay last week, and am still in town and will be at the game Sunday as well.

So heres the deal. Unfortunately I am suffering from a rare illness called Zechels Disease. I am actually one of the first known cases and doctors have very little information about it, except that it affects my muscle developement and motor skills. I am losing my speech and my vision will be gone soon as well. Needless to say its been a rough two years and I've got a long road. Now what I ask of you guys is simple. My all time favorite Cowboy is Troy Aikman, and I've wanted to meet him all my life. I hear he and the boys from Fox are in town this week so I was wondering if you guys have an idea of where they may be staying. I have an Aikman jersey I would love to get signed, and to meet my idol would be nothing short of spectacular. I really hope you guys can help me out!

Anyways, thanks for your time!!

GO COWBOYS!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, man... I'm sorry to hear that... I really don't like your club, but it's nothing personal, and definitely nothing against the people that cheer for the Cowboys.

I'm from Brazil, so I couldn't say it precisely... But if I'm not mistaken the opposing teams usually stay in Appleton... But other people will surely respond it more precisely to you...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1st if your under 18 and this disease is life threatening, you can apply for a wish from Make-a-Wish Make-A-Wish Foundation : National Home Page

If not,try to write to FOX or the Cowboys with your story and include doctors names and numbers so they can verify...Or even try the Packers PR department to see if they can get you help with Troy

Might get help that way..

GB2009

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Zechels disease a real disease? If it is, than I'm sorry man. However, how are you able to type that whole message if your motor and developmental skills are deteriorating?

GB2009

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tried looking for information on that disease. When I type it into google, nothing comes up except someones name... Where can I find information about this disease?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You can't. I hit every medical dictionary with no hits. Asked my sister (an RN) and a friend who is an ICU nurse at Mayo if they'd ever heard of it... nothing.

Ah well, I have Dunlop's Disease and it seems no one has ever heard of that one neither. I'm hitting that age where my gut 'dunlops' over my belt.

Members online

Latest posts