A call to arms Packers fans

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's because we are lucky enough to live in this country - allowed to express ourselves and our opinions instead of just giving in to whatever body decides to enforce it's will ....

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa I would quit watching football if it went to PPV not to happy NFL Network has gotten its dirty little fingers into it.

10 years and all NFL will be PPV

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think football will go on pay per view in my lifetime. I hope not. I wouldnt bet on it...and im a bettin man!

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually RP---

there is no demand here. The market is already there and the goods are being supplied. This is a fraud to create a market from the market that already exists.

'Free' TV helped the NFL to become what it is...now the NFL wants to allow those with means to have the pleasure...and if you don't...well "let them eat cake".

Having been raised on a dairy farm, I fully agree with your statement about farmers. They lose fingers, die early, work their arses off, never make enough money so all of us can have cheap food.

When you enjoy your pizza during the game...the grain came from a farm, as did the meat and cheese. The olives came from farmers in Italy.

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Quit b1tching and just do what you gotta do to see the game. Damn you guys are miserable.

Perfect example of what the NFL is hoping to achieve. You bust your butt so I can get rich....that's really All-American...'the customer is always right' thinking , now isn't it?

Maybe the fans will wise up and not bother to watch the game....or pay the ransom.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have had NFL network for about 2 years and I cant imagine not having it now. I watch it every day. It it bullsh!t that the people that dont have it cant watch their home team play though. It wouldnt take much to find the game on somewhere though.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
[align=center]To Raider Pride[/align]

I usually try to remain fairly reserved on most Packer forums. Being fairly new on this forum, I am leery at best in my response. My initial reaction to this forum has left me feeling tight. The banter seems to be quite regulated. Although presented quite cleanly, I am hesitant to respond whole heartedly and break the 'always rosie' aura that seems to permeate these threads. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Anyway, back to Raider Pride. I quite frankly find your comments and attitude extremely offensive. Nothing amuses me more than someone riding in the equestrian of life on top of a two bit high horse. Gimme a break. I too am a college student - choosing in my early thirties to take a shot at improving life for my wife and I. I am well aware of what neccessities are vital to everyday life. Most of these usually lacking in my household include food, soap, and oops yes toilet paper. So please don't lecture us on the options we can do without. Oh, and NEWS FLASH cell phones are cheaper than a land line - fifty bucks including long distance. That is if you consider a phone a need at all. (Please just mail me when you decide if you are going to hire me or not for this minimum wage job that actually works around my school schedule that I'm going to have to quit in three months when it doesn't) Thanks for letting me fill out an application ! On top of all this - your completely missing the principal of the thing (which I can understand coming from a guy who can take on the cable company) All that says is you already have everything. We all work hard, and Packer fans shouldn't be left out because of financial, physical, or moral reasons. You know what I choose to do with my few remaining dollars ? For starters I buy Packer stuff to wear in support of my team - at no charge. I defend my team wherever I go - at no charge. I spend countless hours making banners for friends - and encouraging others to support the Pack - at no charge. Now you want to charge me to watch the team I already support financially ? Great idea. As much as I hate to do it, I will now have to charge everyone if I am to continue watching my beloved Green Bay Packers - since your on top of the world Raider Pride, let me be the first to send you my bill.

Send me a PM. We can discuss this a great deal. I am not on top of the world, my friend. My cousin is though... He is an Acadamy Award winning documentary producer for the BBC, he owns two homes in London and lives in Amstradam...He is a good person.

He is also Gay, I am not, but I have no challenge with that at all becuase I love him becuase he is family and we grew up together.

Your Gay team sig is actually a hell of a lot more discusting to many people, than me saying anything about a damn Cell Phone, or working hard enough to own what I want.

PM me... You need not send a banter on the forum directed to to a single poster.

RP

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Actually RP---

there is no demand here. The market is already there and the goods are being supplied. This is a fraud to create a market from the market that already exists.

'Free' TV helped the NFL to become what it is...now the NFL wants to allow those with means to have the pleasure...and if you don't...well "let them eat cake".

Having been raised on a dairy farm, I fully agree with your statement about farmers. They lose fingers, die early, work their arses off, never make enough money so all of us can have cheap food.

When you enjoy your pizza during the game...the grain came from a farm, as did the meat and cheese. The olives came from farmers in Italy.

God Bless You Net.

I wish I was raised on a Dairy Farm. I would be a better man for it!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
LambeauEast said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I love my DirecTVâ„¢.

...sorry Zero. :oops:

Just wait, we're taking NFL Season Ticket from DirecTV in the next year or two. Whenever their contract is up :p

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PM me... You need not send a banter on the forum directed to to a single poster.

I was just following your lead. One should not be so afraid of public debate. I will remove my banner though ...

Main Entry: gay
Part of Speech: adjective 1
Definition: happy
Synonyms: alert, animate, animated, blithe, blithesome, bouncy, brash, carefree, cheerful, cheery, chipper*, chirpy, confident, convivial, devil-may-care*, festive, forward, frivolous, frolicsome, fun-loving, gamesome, glad, gleeful, hilarious, insouciant, jocund, jolly, jovial, joyful, joyous, keen, light-hearted, lively, merry, mirthful, playful, pleasure-seeking, presuming, pushy, rollicking, self-assertive, sparkling, spirited, sportive, sprightly, sunny, vivacious, wild, zippy*

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah so you are a Vikings fan and the banner was complimenting them by calling them the festive team? That makes perfect sense.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:

I was just following your lead. One should not be so afraid of public debate.

it's not the public debate he's concerned about PackOne, it's the thread losing it's original focus. thats why he recommended a personal message.

by the way Raider Pride is a Raider/Packer fan, just to let you know. some of the newer users can get confused by his handle..

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the thread lost its' focus about five posters down the line. I will bow out gracefully on this one though.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did i hear some one say betting man???

anyway all yall can quit whining i live in NC and have no chance of seeing a packers game due to the freakin panthers. i go to a bar like normal drunks and watch the games there.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in chicago area and...we usually get GB games(nfc rivals...plus a good number of packers fan...plus favre=ratings) but im afraid for this year...cuz of the 4-12 year. im scuuuured!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
DePack said:
Quit b1tching and just do what you gotta do to see the game. Damn you guys are miserable.

Perfect example of what the NFL is hoping to achieve. You bust your butt so I can get rich....that's really All-American...'the customer is always right' thinking , now isn't it?

Maybe the fans will wise up and not bother to watch the game....or pay the ransom.

Well, what can I say. Quit watching already! Quit buying all the products that sponsor the NFL... :roll: :roll:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I live in chicago area and...we usually get GB games(nfc rivals...plus a good number of packers fan...plus favre=ratings) but im afraid for this year...cuz of the 4-12 year. im scuuuured!

I'll be living in Minneapolis by August... *shudder*.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL Network costs $2.50 a month here in Canada, and I have been getting it free since last August when I switched to Roger's digital cable (which is a $10 upgrade over regular cable).

Maybe we have a sweet deal here compared to our cousins down south, but I really don't see $12.50 something worth complaining about, especially when I live in a country that charges $10 for a pack of cigarettes and $35+ for a case of drinkable beer (yes, you can get a case of Lucky Lager for $24 if you want to pi$$ out your colon the day after drinking it). :roll:

I can completely understand the frustration of those that live in rural communities, however. It would completely suck to miss Favre's potential final home game due to a lack of service.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Maybe we have a sweet deal here compared to our cousins down south, but I really don't see $12.50 something worth complaining about

how much would that be in the states, like 3 bucks? actually, that was cruel because i think the currency exchange is pretty close right now, gotta love that inflation. i don't have much of a choice on cable companies. it's either CableOne or dish. with CableOne i can get NFL network if i bought the digital cable package instead of basic cable and that would be about $25 more a month which would bring the bill for my television to roughly $70 a month. a la carte would be awesome but you could never get the cable company to do it, trust me. with all the research they do, if they could make more money with a la carte service they would do it. since they don't have a la carte it is clear that they would make less money with such a set-up. on the other hand, i get free weekend minutes on my cell phone, maybe i can just call my dad on sundays and he gives me the commentary as he watches NFL network.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have been trying to get a federal law set up to requare a la carte service. I don't know how far along it has gotten, but it seems to have good support. One major group lobbying against it though are christian fundamentalists that worry that their televangelist channels will get the hose because not alot of people would want those channels.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are you tellin me theres a communications company in canada called

Rogers Digital Cable.... that sounds hilarious to me for some reason.

anyway the canadian dollar is pretty strong right now so things should be pretty close to the states... but 35 dollars for a case of beer :shock: :shock: makes me sick to my stomach. forget the cable companies... if i was canadian id be protesting beer prices... thats like prohibition....id revolt

at those prices i wouldnt drink beer ... id build a cellar and racks and keep it for special occassions only.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Switched from cable to Dish last year. $39/mo gets you the top 180 channels which includes the NFL network. Cheaper and better than Cable. Actually they'll have a deal for the 1st 3 months which includes 5 HBO's, 5 CMAX, and some other movie channels. Free installation up to 3 rooms. The DVR receiver acts as a TiVO and records up to 100 hours. Get the dish and tell the cable company to pound sand. After the 3 months the whole package with HBO etc goes to $59. Cheaper than 8 beers at Dodger Stadium or that god forsaken Staple Center. Cross that bridge into the 21st century!!!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's what i'm planning on doing once i move to Minny. the only concern is that i'll be in an apartment and alot of buildings that i've lived in don't allow satellite dishes "because there's no where to mount them". ********. these apartment complexes are clearly in bed with the cable company.

Members online

Latest posts