A Bears fans take on Aaron Rodgers and the Pack

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I came across this on a bears blog and thought I would share it with everyone.

"I have been watching A. Rodgers fro the last two seasons. Alot of Packer Fans were upset early to mid season. Defense was having major problems, the o-line was pathetic, and A. Rodgers was getting sacked, Jenning wasn't nearly the impact player he was a year ago, alot of reasons they trailing the wild card race for for most of the season and not challenging for the division.

See the problem is that A. Rodgers doesn't take any chances at all. He is very M. Bulger like. Statistically they they have good games.

In the first season A. Rodgers best pass play, the roll out right around mid field which he would take shots for Driver, Jenning on a deep post pattern, which he could throw the ball between the receiver at the end-zone, and just over the pattern if he was nervous, it was a very safe play for a young QB...

But all season long in 2009, he had to wait for his recivers to be completely open before makes his throws.... this waiting lead to sacks.. and more sacks and more sacks....

How ironic he played it safe all season, then self destruct in the playoff game , wasn't it first pass play of the game an interception, because he got nervous on the big stage and then force the ball on short throw while scrambling. see this playing it safe hurt the packers in the end, because when he needed to froce the ball, he couldn't do it.

My comparisons to M. Bulger is right on, very accurate...WIll A. Rodgers ever be able to step out of his shell and become the player that B. farve was? Farve didn't screw around, he was going to take every chance he could to beat you.....

A. Rodgers still has injury concerns as well, I hope I don't jinx him, but all these sacks are starting pile up on him, that thats the new statistic they keep track off for players, is how mnay hits and carries players get,a nd how shortens there carreer or season to the next season?

I read some-where that Rodgers can't make it through the up-coming season the Lions will finish ahead of the Packers...

Pretty scarey isn' *** Packer fans?

Cutler is still better prospect than Rodgers will ever be, If ther was contest to see who could throw the farthest, accuracy, velocity etc... Cutler would beat him out by a hair every time in every contest....

Now some might want to compare the recent seasons, shoot, Cutler threw aq ton interceptions, but not all his fault, and considering the situation of coming into a new program compared to Rodgers steady in a program for a few years, you can't compare apples to apples....

but I will say the Bears reciving corps had its best production in nearly 8 years, Cutler still will be pushing 30 tds seaosn in and season out......

This might be Drivers last year, lets see how Rodgers handles adversary with one good receiver!"

Chicago Bears Message Boards - A RODGERS BIG WEAKNESS.....

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Cutler is still a better prospect than Rodgers ever will be"

HA HA HA.
Is this kid 13?

"PROSPECT" ?

Rodgers is not a "prospect" anymore. He's already a verified Pro-Bowler, one who's first two years as a starter are better than any QB in NFL history, other than former MVP & Super Bowl MVP Kurt Warner.

Cutler has a bigger arm, and isn't as "safe" as Rodgers is.

But that's reflected in Cutlers average of about 20 Ints a season, while Rodgers had 7 last season.
And Rodgers has more TD passes, safe or risky, than Cutler does in any 2 seasons.

Matt Ryan didn't make it thru last year. I guess he better get the fragile label now too.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If ther was contest to see who could throw the farthest, accuracy, velocity etc... Cutler would beat him out by a hair every time in every contest....

Yes, Cutler will throw it farther, accurately and with tons of velocity than Rodgers..... to the defensive player.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Bears fans are probably pissed that they haven't had a decent QB in like 50 years, yet we replace a once in a lifetime hall of famer with another elite QB.

Jealousy.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fans are probably pissed that they haven't had a decent QB in like 50 years, yet we replace a once in a lifetime hall of famer with another elite QB.

Jealousy.

I think the last Bears QB to make a pro bowl was the packers great Jim McMahon in 85. And really that was more of a joke than anything that he was a pro bowl qb.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Cutler is still a better prospect than Rodgers ever will be"

HA HA HA.
Is this kid 13?

"PROSPECT" ?

Rodgers is not a "prospect" anymore. He's already a verified Pro-Bowler, one who's first two years as a starter are better than any QB in NFL history, other than former MVP & Super Bowl MVP Kurt Warner.

Cutler has a bigger arm, and isn't as "safe" as Rodgers is.

But that's reflected in Cutlers average of about 20 Ints a season, while Rodgers had 7 last season.
And Rodgers has more TD passes, safe or risky, than Cutler does in any 2 seasons.

Matt Ryan didn't make it thru last year. I guess he better get the fragile label now too.

Haha, yeah I agree, Prospect? when I read this I was going to post an almost identical thread. Thank you! haha man that guy is a tool.. I get every fan thinks a little more highly of their team than other fans, but to come out and say that is just stupid

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poor little bare fan. His QB Cutlet hasn't had a winning season under center since high school. At Vanderbilt his record was 11-35, at Denver it was 17-20. Last season he was a stellar 7-9. Now he disses Rodgers? Of course what panda fan would recognize decent/great QB play with the clowns they've had on that team since Sid Luckman was around?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I do agree that Rodgers may be "too safe" in throwing passes, but look at the guy before him, at least Rodgers attempts to learn from his mistakes and not gamble on high stakes plays.

Cutler is a joke, he is too emotional when he plays and well look where that got him. The only good thing the Bears did is beat teh Queens once last year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "only throw the ball when the receiver is wide open" is a cute theory, but it falls to the ground when said QB has the best 3rd down rating in the league...

Of course he wants to make Rodgers look bad by "being safe". Because Cutler is a MF gunslinger that kills his team in every opportunity, so he needs to sell this kind of thinking...

There isn't a SAFE or a RISKY approach. There's a right and a wrong approach.
When you're the best QB in 3rd down, doesn't throw much ints and makes a lot of TDs, it's the RIGHT approach.
When you throw a lot of ints, doesn't throw as many TDs, and fail to move the chains, it's the WRONG approach.

But, cmon people, give this guy a break. His franchise adquired a glorified Rex Grossman by giving away it's future... It's only natural the guy entered panic mode...

But I do agree that Cutler is miles better than Rodgers... His problem is that he can't see colors...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I actually read some posts on that board... Damn... That was pathetic... I mean, there were no talk about the thread itself... It was just a compilation of poor attempt of smack talk, with zero substance...

I don't think bears fans that frequented this board were that obnoxious and stupid... But maybe they're the exception... Or I had forgotten how annoying bear fans were, because of the annoyance of vikings fans...

I'm having a really hard time now deciding who I hate the most...

-

And, regarding Cutler, there isn't a single atribute that he's better than Rodgers. People thought that Cutler had a stronger arm and was more mobile than Rodgers. But Rodgers had the BEST deep ball in the league, whereas Cutler consistantly overthrows it. And FF players will tell you that Rodgers is the best scrambling QB in the league...

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. OMG Youre getting to me because thats not even a word.

Rodgers doesnt take chances? So I guess that translates to he doesnt throw INT and makes the safer passes that ended up leading him to almost breaking the Packers single season yards record? Are you retarded? You already have 1 strike against you for being a Bears fan and is this is number 2. 1 more and youre of to the insane asylum.

Marc Bulger wasnt as mobile as Rodgers was. This comparison really just doesnt add up with me. Maybe we should make a better comparison like Jay Cutler and 2004 Favre (I think it was 04 when he threw 29 picks). Now thats a comparison. Dumb throws left and right trying to make something happen. Now we're on to something.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. OMG Youre getting to me because thats not even a word.

Rodgers doesnt take chances? So I guess that translates to he doesnt throw INT and makes the safer passes that ended up leading him to almost breaking the Packers single season yards record? Are you retarded? You already have 1 strike against you for being a Bears fan and is this is number 2. 1 more and youre of to the insane asylum.

Marc Bulger wasnt as mobile as Rodgers was. This comparison really just doesnt add up with me. Maybe we should make a better comparison like Jay Cutler and 2004 Favre (I think it was 04 when he threw 29 picks). Now thats a comparison. Dumb throws left and right trying to make something happen. Now we're on to something.
Jay Cutler still needs to prove he's better than Rex Grossman before he can be compared to Favre in his worst days...

Jay Cutler 2009: 3,666 yards, 27 TDs, 26 INTs, 60,5% comp., 76,8 QB rating
Grossman 2006: 3,196 yards, 23 TDs, 20 INTs, 54,2% comp., 73,9 QB rating

(BTW, Favre 2005 was worse than them, I know, but it's funnier to compare Cutler, who the Bears traded their future for, to Grossman, who the same Bears simply cut)

nastynice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umm, packer fans have nothing to fear when it comes to Cutler. He was on the broncos, we would play them (raiders broncos) twice a year, he's got an absolute cannon arm and can make great passes, but he's not a winner, never will be. I know that sounds wierd, but I dont know how to explain it any better, he's just doesn't win when it counts.

For the record tho, this last year of his was horrible, he's much better than that, and he will be this upcoming season. But as beautiful as his arm is, Cutler's not a winner. He never will be.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, Rodgers doesn't take chances.... I instantly flash to the stupid ****ing Tampa game, he threw it to Jennings right on the endzone in triple coverage, and still hit him in the damn chest. Of course jennings let it bounce away and get intercepted ugh.. (I hate saying anything bad about Greg cuz he's my jersey). Point is, thats a pretty risky throw right there and he almost had it... And that's just one... Now I'm kind of mad at myself for taking the time to respond to something so pointless to respond to... oh well... Someone's just bitter...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki2KAtO8if0]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers Throws Game Winning TD Pass[/ame]

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This might be Drivers last year, lets see how Rodgers handles adversary with one good receiver!"

Chicago Bears Message Boards - A RODGERS BIG WEAKNESS.....

OM-"F-in"G! Has this kid been paying attention?? I seriously doubt it, sounds like the kind of guy that if your out somewhere and you mention the word "cut" he'll be like, "YEA MAN CUTLER IS ONE OF THE BEST QBS TO EVER PLAY!"...Cutler is who I thought he was, above average, potentially high talent, lotta attitude...There are so many things I like more about Rodgers then Cutler and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way, even outside of this forum...but going back to the statement I quoted, do I really have to respond to that? Any Packer Fan knows the weapons we got are ready to explode for the 2010 season...but the only thing we are missing is a better receiving threat at the Running Back position...sigh*

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha wow, what a great discovery this is by checking the similar threads tab of the Arod performance thread. Definitely more lighthearted too.

This is all but surely the end for AR in GB, but we sure as hell had a great 10 years with him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Haha wow, what a great discovery this is by checking the similar threads tab of the Arod performance thread. Definitely more lighthearted too.

This is all but surely the end for AR in GB, but we sure as hell had a great 10 years with him.
Don't give up yet. Maybe in 10 years, Rodgers will be in his final season as a Packer and in the NFL and you can look back at the last 6 months posts and say "Man they didn't know how this was going to turn out, did they?"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts