9-11 10 Year Tribute Thread

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I also remember where I was. Sophmore in HS, Power Reading class. Depressing.

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was in the Alaskan bush. Just shot a moose with a client from Germany. We packed the moose back to camp by airboat. I believe that the Packers first game of the season was versus Detroit. I made a call by satellite phone to ask my Dad about the game and to say hello to my Mom. It was very confusing because we had no TV, long range radio, or even a way to get a newspaper. My sister had moved to Manhattan about 3 weeks prior to attend NYU, so that flipped me out. I dont know if there is any day that is as vivid as that. I really understand why my Dad remebers the day Kennedy was shot to the last detail, but couldnt tell you what he had for breakfast. Horrible day, but confirmed as much as I ***** about it, I love this country.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I was a freshman in HS in my history class news came over the intercom and my teacher turned on the tv. They then said everyone should report to the auditorium and we watch the news as a school. I remember right when they turned it on that is when the south tower fell. It was an unforgetable moment in all of americans lives. We Will Never Forget

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
My husband of 22 years left me (for the babysitter) in June 2011, my mother died in July 2011. 9/11/2001 was the icing on the cake. Nothing good in 2001 for me. I've moved on from the first 2 events. The maginitude of 9/11 can never be forgotten. And how our lives have all changed as a result. Like most people, I remember exactly where I was as I watched the planes & the towers fall. Let's never forget the heros & innocent lives lost that day. God Bless America. Thank you to all the brave service people who fought and/or lost their lives for my (and your) freedom. (tears now forming)

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honor and remember all the people whose lives where affected that day. I can't get myself to watch any of the shows today about the tragedy. Just to upsetting for me.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I was at Wright Patterson AFB in our Medical War Reserve Materiel section as a 21 year old E-2. I really didnt know what was going on at the time but the harsh reality set in as it became clear that we were under attack. We went into FPCON Delta and I was quickly activated for a support mission to NY. We worked 25 hrs that day to ship aircraft pallets loaded with medical supplies to support the mass casualty. My Air Force career changed and our mission hasn't stopped since that day. God bless the 2900+ we lost that day and the lives of or military brothers and sisters who have made the ultimate sacrifice to protect us from this evil and preserve the blanket of freedom that we all sleep under. It is truly an honor to serve this great country. - USAF May 2000-Present/Iraq 2004,2008

My wife and I in Balad Iraq 2008 on Heros Hwy.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitting in a classroom full of kids in our schools music room. All of a sudden one of the aides walks in doesnt speak a word but she is visibly crying and we can almost sense a bit of a tremble as she plugs the TV into the wall. As she turned it on the second tower was struck. It was a lot of things all at once. Confusion, pain, fear, anger. I cant remember many things that clearly from 10 years ago but that day is seared into my memory and is something I will never forget. All of us will never forget.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a freshman in college, city of Camden, NJ (Camden is right across the river from Philly). It was the first week or so of school and I was at my work study campus job when my boss came in and said the universtity is closed and we all have to leave the campus. I already knew something was going on, but the magnitude, the true meaning had not sunk in. After that, it was a crazy rush of people leaving campus trying to get home. I took the subway home and I've never seen it so crowded at that time a day in my life. On the subway it was panic bordering on hysteria. People were on there praying, some crying, some just looking stunned with disbelief. I've never seen anything like that, nor do I care to see it again. Cell phone service was down by the time I got off the subway and started walking home. I couldn't call my Mom or boyfriend at the time in Florida to let them know I was OK. I couldn't do that until much later in the evening. When I got home, I watched the footage of the planes going into the towers and them falling over and over until the images were seared inside my head. Until I was numb inside, until ice ran in my veins. I wanted to shut off all feeling because it was just overwhelming. I went over to check on my Uncle at some point and he was as serious as I've ever seen him. The emotions, the tears came later, when I was able to reach my Mom on the phone and the floodgates just opened.

I remember all this as it was yesterday and it has been ten years gone. It will haunt me forever, I don't think there is any forgetting that. There is no turning back. I pray for those who were lost in this senseless act. I will never stop praying. One thing I hope for is that the people responsible will one day have to face the wrath of their own God, whose crimes they committed in His name.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Was in 8th grade and a classmate tells us about the first plane crashing, we all thought he was crazy since he was a conspiracy nut. An hour later we mourned the news that he was telling the truth. Glad we have football today to cause a distraction, not saying that distractions are good, just meaning that sitting and mourning doesn't do any good, contributing to the cause then moving forward is what I believe is the best way of moving forward and that is something we have done.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was in 8th grade math class and the teacher told us that a plane hit one of the trade centers by accident. When I went home for lunch my pasked if I knew what was going on and told me what really happened. I remember that day vividly, after lunch all the teachers were watching TV and everyone was talking about it.

Members online

Latest posts