#85 (no, not Derrick Mayes)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I watch training camp highlights on the Green Bay news, I keep seeing #85 making plays, many of them downfield. I see him more often than Driver and a heck of a lot more often than Robert Ferguson. He's catching passes from Favre, Rodgers, and Ingle Martin.

I won't keep you in suspense any longer: #85 is our second round pick, Greg Jennings. From what I'm hearing and seeing of this guy, I think he may have a legitimate shot at beating out Ferguson for the #2 receiver spot. He's being compared to Donald Driver in terms of size (a bit undersized, actually), speed, and his style of play. He catches the ball very well with his hands, like Driver (as opposed to catching it with his body, like Freeman did). And he seems to have a similiar work ethic.

You know, having another player like Driver would be a very good thing. I'll be looking for #85 when I watch the scrimmage tonight.

Reaction score
From the brief shots I saw of him, he has a great route running ability, and is able to get seperation. A player with tremendous potential, and a terrific head on his shoulders.

Greg, I'll be watching the scrimmage tonight to get a better idea of how far Jennings is at with his development. Facing Harris/Woodson won't be an easy test.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
lol @ suspense :)

I really liked D Mayes back in the day.

I'm pumped about Jennings. I think he'll be our #1 WR :p j/k but he's gonna be on the field a lot that is for certain.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so pissed! I have to work tonight... so I can't watch the scrimmage. Not that I would be able to see it anyways, as I live in Cali. I wonder if I can find it on the internet afterwards.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If somebody could find a way to put it on the internet that would be great.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings I can see carrying a lot of weight around I cant see him at #1 and #2 (I still say robert ferguson will be #2 because of the experience)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a dvd recorder, and I think I could pull it off, at least some bits and chunks of it, not the entire thing.

maybe just when they show TT on the sideline, ill put that up.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so Hungry for some football games right now I'd take any teams I just want to watch any kind of football game

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Popcynical said:
SuperRat said:
If somebody could find a way to put it on the internet that would be great.

I agree :D

I can't figure out how t o transfer it onto the internet from my TIVO.

I didn't get my DVD Recorder(it'd be a snap if i did) yet and I'm not about to try an rig my PC up to record off my TV lol ... I can do it the other way around, but not sure how it would work the other way around.

If ya all wanna throw in a few bucks via PayPal I'll buy this and upload every game :p
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4810683

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I screwed up in my title for this thread. If I'm not mistaken, it was Terry Mickens who was #85 back in the mid-90s. I'm pretty sure Derrick Mayes was #80.

Anyway, those who can't watch the scrimmage should at least get some info from those of us in the Packer Forum who are within the viewing area.

Some other players I'm interested in watching are the kickers, the punters, the guards, and of course, A.J. Hawk. They are just about to start now, and I see that Najeh Davenport is NOT wearing pads. His ankle must be too sore to play full contact.

Members online

Latest posts