5 Wide Sets

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see more 5 wide sets from the packers. It worked amazingly the first year we tried it, and with the amount of talent we have in the receiving corp i think it would work wonders for keeping defenses honest and keeping people open. ala triple coverage on finley. they simply cant devote enough defenders to one guy without leaving someone wide open or someone deep in single coverage that aaron can pick off.

Why havent we used this more often? it seems especially relevant now when teams wont be too wary of BJax and the run game

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see more 5 wide sets from the packers. It worked amazingly the first year we tried it, and with the amount of talent we have in the receiving corp i think it would work wonders for keeping defenses honest and keeping people open. ala triple coverage on finley. they simply cant devote enough defenders to one guy without leaving someone wide open or someone deep in single coverage that aaron can pick off.

Why havent we used this more often? it seems especially relevant now when teams wont be too wary of BJax and the run game

Five receiver sets are tough when the offense line is doing its best impression of a swinging gate.

The Packers have the talent to go 5 wide, but the offensive line needs to give ARod some time.

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Five receiver sets are tough when the offense line is doing its best impression of a swinging gate.

The Packers have the talent to go 5 wide, but the offensive line needs to give ARod some time.

well even in that case, more receivers gives some of them the chance to get open early so you can run short routes to compensate for the line

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's hard to hit those guys out wide, usually the slot receiver is the first option, too much traffic between the QB and the 2 wideouts

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LMAO @ "swinging gate"

Maybe with Bulaga getting the start next week(if he does) he will prove to be a great LT and we could expect 5-wide sets a lot.

Members online

Latest posts