5 Packers Voted Into Pro Bowl

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
This just shows what BS the Pro Bowl really is. The fact that Woodson made it over Tramon proves the fact that it's nothing more than a beauty pageant.

Here's one less observer.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised at that roster.

While Collins is a good player, I didn't think he was pro-bowl caliber this year. Didn't he miss a lot of games as well?

It does seem insulting that Rodgers didn't make it but getting beat out by Brees or Vick is nothing to be ashamed about. While I agree that Rodgers is a better QB than Ryan, I think Ryan got in because of the Falcons record and Ryan has 6 game winning drives this year.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised at that roster.

While Collins is a good player, I didn't think he was pro-bowl caliber this year. Didn't he miss a lot of games as well?

It does seem insulting that Rodgers didn't make it but getting beat out by Brees or Vick is nothing to be ashamed about. While I agree that Rodgers is a better QB than Ryan, I think Ryan got in because of the Falcons record and Ryan has 6 game winning drives this year.

I'm sorry, but it's absolutely ridiculous that Rodgers didn't get in over Matt Ryan. His rating is 12 points higher than Ryan, he's thrown for one more TD and one more pick than Ryan, has a better completion percentage, more yards and a much higher average yards per pass (8.3 vs 6.4.) Oh yeah, he also played a MUCH tougher schedule.

Plus Rodgers was 2nd in fan voting.

I lost respect for the coaches and players today.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees had 21 picks and a 92.2, but then he threw for over 4400 yards. But Rodgers had 27 td 10 int and 101.9, just disappointed even though pro bowl isn't that important.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees had 21 picks and a 92.2, but then he threw for over 4400 yards. But Rodgers had 27 td 10 int and 101.9, just disappointed even though pro bowl isn't that important.

Actually, now that I think of it, the only reason Brees got in over Rodgers is because of Brees' history and not for this particular season. Rodgers outplayed Brees this year.

Sometimes the pro bowl is more of a lifetime achievement rather than a specific year.

While, Rodgers statistically had a better year, AND Rodgers did fantastic without a running game, I would bet it was the Falcon's record that put him in the pro bowl.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers should have made it. BS that he didn't

Are they holding the Pro Bowl the week before the Super Bowl like they did last year? If they are, there is a good chance he'll get in. It's fairly likely that either Vick, Brees, or Ryan will be playing the Super Bowl(but hopefully Rodgers will be playing in the SB), and I can't imagine anyone else getting the spot.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is just as important to the offense of the 3 NFC qb's that made it in...if not more...Tramon Williams not making it is garbage but neither did Brent Grimes who also had a great season...sucks for those Undrafted guys, it is a damn beauty pageant sometimes, I think Woodson did alright, but Tramon was a corner you could depend on

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In reality, it doesn't matter that Rodgers didn't get voted except as an alternate because he'll be playing the Super Bowl so he wouldn't have played anyway.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with that kind of pride, but not being voted in is a lack of Recognition and the DUDE deserves that respect to be voted in, definitely over RYAN, Ryan has a STUD Running game & a FREAKAZOID of a WR in White...Almost as bad as Rodgers not making it, is Hillis & CJ2K

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but it's absolutely ridiculous that Rodgers didn't get in over Matt Ryan. His rating is 12 points higher than Ryan, he's thrown for one more TD and one more pick than Ryan, has a better completion percentage, more yards and a much higher average yards per pass (8.3 vs 6.4.) Oh yeah, he also played a MUCH tougher schedule.

Plus Rodgers was 2nd in fan voting.

I lost respect for the coaches and players today.

I'm fine with Matt Ryan. His team's winning, he's a big part of it, and there's nobody better when the game's on the line. Combined with the fact that he has pretty good numbers all the way around and I'm okay with Matty Ice going.

It's Drew Brees and his 21 INT's getting in over Aaron that ****** me off.

PackerChamps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If not, how the he#@ do they get 5 in the Pro Bowl.

Jay Ratliff. He has 10 fewer tackles on a team that gets run on at lot and half the sacks than Raji. How does he get the nod.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, apparently Rodgers had 200.000 more fan votes than Matt Ryan.

It's not just the fans. The coaches and players have absolutely no idea about the game. This proves that point.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Ridiculous. No Rodgers, No Tramon Williams, Charles Woodson as a starter...

People in general are just too stupid.
It's just the way it is, figure this. Tramon is a shut down corner so he's not targeted as often, so he doesn't get the Pass Defensed numbers. It's all on paper. Unless I'm confused they dont have "scored on" or "big play on" stat for cover corners.
CWood deserved to go because he is still the best defensive player in the league. Who else could have blown up that running play against the Giants and forced a turnover? Tramon? C'mon guys.
Raji deserved serious consideration as well, but you guys know how this works, nobody knows the Packers better than we do. Sometimes it takes the rest of the league to recognize star players. It's okay with me they don't know, I don't need pro bowl voting to know we have the best qb for this system in the league.
All that stuff will go with our Super Bowl win this year. Homer? Maybe, but I'm not off base to consider them as relevant as any other team int he hunt.

52ThePredator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rodgers snub was ridiculous. He's playing better than Drew Brees and his 21 picks, and Matt Ryan is only one part of a generally good Atlanta Falcons team that often thrives on its running game. Rodgers is a lot more valuable to his team in my opinion. Tramon has also been having a standout year, but I believe the name recognition of Woodson is why this happened.

Oh well, Rodgers will be frustrated, and have a chip on his shoulder this weekend, just one more reason the Bears will lose. :happy0005:

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of it had to with the fact that Rodgers was out a game and a half right around pro bowl voting time. If GB had won that NE game (who knows for sure) I think things would be different.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers seems to play his best when there's a lot on the line. Throw in his reputation being on the line as well, he's got something to prove. As stellar as he has played Rodgers will have a little monkey on his back (following a hall of famer) to win a Super Bowl...I do believe he will & I think he can still do it this year.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Tramon, it's a shame but his counterpart Grimes from the Falcons...both are former UDFA Rooks, now #1 Corners, & both had great a season...kinda sucks for those guys b/c no one really knows about them

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of it had to with the fact that Rodgers was out a game and a half right around pro bowl voting time. If GB had won that NE game (who knows for sure) I think things would be different.

true, but how many games did Vick miss? Like 4 weeks?

52ThePredator

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think that could definitely be part of it. But as impressive as Michael Vick is, the fact that he's only started in 11 games all year seems like if a 1 1/2 game absence affected Rodgers, Vick shouldn't be the starter (Not to say I don't think he should be, just making a logical chain of thought). I just don't like it I guess :)

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll be salty as he'll when GB wins the superbowl and Rodgers is SB MVP... But not probowl caliber

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that could definitely be part of it. But as impressive as Michael Vick is, the fact that he's only started in 11 games all year seems like if a 1 1/2 game absence affected Rodgers, Vick shouldn't be the starter (Not to say I don't think he should be, just making a logical chain of thought). I just don't like it I guess :)

I feel the same way, but people have short memories, plus right now everyone is on the big redemption "see I can forgive" thing. But Vick is good, I feel worse about the Drew Brees pick, because he got it because of last year. Don't get me wrong, Brees it good too, but I'm kind of starting to tire of the "oh look, he's just like Brett".

Members online

Latest posts