49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Like who was the Heisman trophy winning QB on the Packers for two years who never made it into a game?

Quick, hit google!

never got in? I know of one that did play some..and another may have been on practice squad?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I am not good at trivia, but I actually knew this one without looking! Yeah!

Take that back. I just checked (after reading LT's comment) my guess on Wiki and he played in seven games for GB. Never started, though. So- I don't know the answer. My sucktitude on trivia continues...

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Like who was the Heisman trophy winning QB on the Packers for two years who never made it into a game?

Quick, hit google!
Without googling I want to say Tim Couch but he wasn't on the Packers for 2 years and I do not believe he won a heisman. I think it also could of been Ty Detmer because back in the 90's you could win heisman and yet no success in the NFL at all.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
never got in? I know of one that did play some..and another may have been on practice squad?
This one was on the practice squad only. Considered to short at 5'11". But most Packer fans would not even know of him. Eric Crouch.

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey...head over to Seahawks forums where nothing counts until they joined the NFC West....oh yeah and don't count the last two years because the Niners used to suck.

Wait...wha?

I hate Seahawk fans...they still defend the decision on the fail mary.
Lol those fans are ridiculous.

(60niners from .net)

As for Niners v Packers, it should be a great game. One of our good friends are Packer fans and they're also good smart football people. I think it's a trend.

94niners

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I saw. Clay Mathews said more or less "if the quarterback carries out the fake, they lose their protection as a pocket-quarterback." My understanding of the rules is if he STEPS BACKWARDS after the fake (as in, like a play-action pass), then he DOES have that protection. I know Harbaugh will remind the refs this before the game, and if Green Bay decides to hit Kaepernick while he's stepping back, it's going to be 15 yards.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could give the Pack our playbook and they would still have a hard time beating us. They can't stop our run, our defense will get turnovers and stops when it matters the most, and we are just too physical for them at all levels of the game.
lol, pure conjecture. Send on your next little 49'er mental midget.

goldstandard333

49ers Fan
Reaction score
Yup.
The 2010 Packers would no doubt beg to differ that momentum doesn't matter.
And so would our 2013 Summer championship winning softball team where we looked like we were done but didn't give up and clawed and scratched our way to victory even winning a playoff double header on the way.

I didn't say momentum doesn't matter I said it doesn't exist. At least not in the way those in the sports world seem to think.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You mean the WR since he wasn't a QB in the NFL.
Packer initially picked him up as a QB. Which didn't work out to well. Then he came back and tried to be safety, yeah that didn't work either. He didn't spend a lot of time there, but he was there.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I saw. Clay Mathews said more or less "if the quarterback carries out the fake, they lose their protection as a pocket-quarterback." My understanding of the rules is if he STEPS BACKWARDS after the fake (as in, like a play-action pass), then he DOES have that protection. I know Harbaugh will remind the refs this before the game, and if Green Bay decides to hit Kaepernick while he's stepping back, it's going to be 15 yards.

Seems like a really fine line here. If it's a classical play-action fake, then the QB hands off and drop back right away on a fake. In the read-option, the QB waits to see whether the DE commits to the RB, then he decides to hand off or keep it. If the QB drops back, without the ball, defensive players are taught to leave him alone. The Ravens hit Kaepernick several times after he'd handed off and he was still in the pocket and they weren't flagged.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know which forum.
Got a link to the forum and maybe even your posts?

When they post stuff like this, it makes them look worried and desperate::eek:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174507-how-much-info-can-packers-get-tolzien/

Who's "they"? Worried and desperate? That's one poster. From actually reading both forums, Packers fans are way more pessimistic about the game than we are.

Objectively the 49ers are more likely than not going to win, but nothing is ever a guarantee, even if you're playing the Raiders.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Showing your QB running past Clay Mathews isn`t a valid answer to the above posters comment. At the end of the day you DIDN`T win the superbowl. You TALK as if you did, but you DIDN`T !!. In that game you kicked our *** big time I`ll concede that but not because you were so good, because we were so bad. We were so bad in that game, I think the Vikings could have beat us for God sake. :rolleyes:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Showing your QB running past Clay Mathews isn`t a valid answer to the above posters comment. At the end of the day you DIDN`T win the superbowl. You TALK as if you did, but you DIDN`T !!. In that game you kicked our *** big time I`ll concede that but not because you were so good, because we were so bad. We were so bad in that game, I think the Vikings could have beat us for God sake. :rolleyes:
Whenever a team loses, those on the side of the losing team never admits that they were simply outplayed or gives credit to the other team.
I would probably have to re-watch the game to confirm agreement/disagreement with you but for now I'll give it to the Niners. They were so good they made us look bad.
That was then, this is now.
I'm going to let it go and just look forward on the upcoming game.
Packers D will be better prepared.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whenever a team loses, those on the side of the losing team never admits that they were simply outplayed or gives credit to the other team.
I would probably have to re-watch the game to confirm agreement/disagreement with you but for now I'll give it to the Niners. They were so good they made us look bad.
That was then, this is now.
I'm going to let it go and just look forward on the upcoming game.
Packers D will be better prepared.

:laugh:

I'm predicting the 9ers will completely dominate the Packers from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts