49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardRightEdge

Half the frickin' country is from Cali.

I thought nobody is from California. They just got to the ocean and ran out of anywhere else to go. Oh, sorry...that's Southern California. :cool:

Oakland: "There's no there there." -- Gerturde Stein

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
2 years of relevance and all of a sudden 49ers, out and cocky (insert joke about san francisco homosexual community) :D

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought nobody is from California. They just got to the ocean and ran out of anywhere else to go. Oh, sorry...that's Southern California. :cool:

Oakland: "There's no there there." -- Gerturde Stein
said the guy hailing from Niagra Falls

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In fact, Im willing to bet that most of you have penciled this game in as a instant{ L } in the Win-Loss column.
OK
You got me.
I guess you really do know us better than I thought.
I did pencil it in as a L on our schedule.
An L for the 49ers!
:D

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Hmmm.....let's see what's great about cali ( hint: I have been there)

A) EVERYTHING is expensive as f*ck
B) Earthquakes
C) Rampaging wildfires
D) Mud slides
E) Massive gay cultures flaunted
F) Huge insurgency of illegal aliens
G) Hippie vegans
H) the 49ers

All reasons I dislike Cali

H

HardRightEdge

said the guy hailing from Niagra Falls

First, it is "Niagara" Falls. You are correct in thinking that is not a pleasant place to live (at least on the US side). Then again, nobody would want to live in Stockton. I happen to live in the relatively mild micro climate below the Niagara Escarpment. It's quite lovely here, in fact.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
First, it is "Niagara" Falls. You are correct in thinking that is not a pleasant place to live (at least on the US side). Then again, nobody would want to live in Stockton. I happen to live in the relatively mild micro climate below the Niagara Escarpment. It's quite lovely here, in fact.

How lovely is it in the dead of winter? lol I have been to buffalo in january, I will NEVER go back....that was the coldest I have ever been and the most driving/blowing snow I have seen.

H

HardRightEdge

How lovely is it in the dead of winter? lol I have been to buffalo in january, I will NEVER go back....that was the coldest I have ever been and the most driving/blowing snow I have seen.

The Buffalo airport gets about 100 inches of snow per year. The area below the escarpment gets about 1/2 that, and was recently upgraded to the low end of zone 6. I like to say that in about 30 years it will need to be renamed "New Tennessee".

Postscript: The area where I live is now designated 6a on the USDA's Hardiness scale. That's the same as a large swath of the Texas panhandle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey peeps.

I haven't been here since the playoffs last year so I figured I'd check in. Just over a week till we get this thing started!!

No smack talk from me...I think this is gonna be one hell of a game. I know the Packers have a huge target on the Niners chest after losing to them twice and the manner in which they lost the playoff game. I am in no way expecting a repeat of that game. Capers will have the Pack ready this time. It remains to be seen tho if Harbaugh/Roman have something new up their sleeve.

I do have a question for you guys...

I just saw that Harris was placed on IR. The Niners had the most trouble with big, strong RBs last season (Lynch, Peterson, Jackson) and I thought the pick of Eddie Lacy could be a really good move for them. Just curious how he's looked thus far. I know he's had a toe issue.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey peeps.

I haven't been here since the playoffs last year so I figured I'd check in. Just over a week till we get this thing started!!

No smack talk from me...I think this is gonna be one hell of a game. I know the Packers have a huge target on the Niners chest after losing to them twice and the manner in which they lost the playoff game. I am in no way expecting a repeat of that game. Capers will have the Pack ready this time. It remains to be seen tho if Harbaugh/Roman have something new up their sleeve.

I just saw that Harris was placed on IR. The Niners had the most trouble with big, strong RBs last season (Lynch, Peterson, Jackson) and I thought the pick of Eddie Lacy could be a really good move for them. Just curious how he's looked thus far. I know he's had a toe issue.

So far Lacy looks like the real deal. Big, powerful, good vision, hits the hole well and breaks tackles all over. Off-season surgery seems to have solved the toe issue. Had a hammy issue in TC, but seems to have gotten better from that. We'll see how Lacy does in the final preseason game this Thursday, but he's already looking the best RB Packers have had in a long time.

Too bad about Harris :(

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hey peeps.

At last a non smack talking 49ers fan, we were kind of wondering if such a thing existed............Looking forward to the game lets hope its a good one. Might be a little bit closer than some think you never know.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At last a non smack talking 49ers fan, we were kind of wondering if such a thing existed............Looking forward to the game lets hope its a good one. Might be a little bit closer than some think you never know.

To be completely honest...I have NO IDEA what to expect.

Kaep is better than he was last year. The Packers now know what to expect from Kaep. Crabtree is out. Jennings is gone. Boldin is a 49er. Aldon and Justin Smith are healthy. The Packers WILL NOT let Kaep run wild again. Aaron Rodgers is still Aaron Rodgers.

Niners have it rough in first 5 weeks.....Packers, Seahawks, Colts, Rams, Texans. 4 of those teams won 11 games and the Niners couldn't beat the 5th in 2 tries.

Don't be surprised if the Niners come out of the gate slow.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I find that it's very hard to predict the outcome of that game, not because of the 49ers because they look solid, but because of the Packers. I'm just not sure whether the defense will have improved enough to get a push on Kaepernick against the best OL in the NFL, whether they can contain him and do better against the run. I think the Packer defense has improved, especially the front line and at OLB, but how much?

Rodgers and co? No worries there, but our OL? Again, big ? with a rookie playing LT and Barclay playing RT. And EDS at center...another question. Packers need a running game on the 8th, otherwise SF will just do what everybody did last year against the Packers. . . tee off on Rodgers and dare them to run. And with Aldon and Justin you don't want that. Rodgers can always pull rabbits out of his hat, but hopefully he won't have to.

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
To be completely honest...I have NO IDEA what to expect.

Kaep is better than he was last year. The Packers now know what to expect from Kaep. Crabtree is out. Jennings is gone. Boldin is a 49er. Aldon and Justin Smith are healthy. The Packers WILL NOT let Kaep run wild again. Aaron Rodgers is still Aaron Rodgers.

Niners have it rough in first 5 weeks.....Packers, Seahawks, Colts, Rams, Texans. 4 of those teams won 11 games and the Niners couldn't beat the 5th in 2 tries.

Don't be surprised if the Niners come out of the gate slow.

Thats the good thing about it lots of variables, our D was shocking in the playoff game and to be fair your QB played well. But its a new season and a new game for us its a case of ''Fail to prepare, prepare to fail'' Yeah i saw your games before and thought thats a bit tough for starters.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm.....let's see what's great about cali ( hint: I have been there)

A) EVERYTHING is expensive as f*ck
B) Earthquakes
C) Rampaging wildfires
D) Mud slides
E) Massive gay cultures flaunted
F) Huge insurgency of illegal aliens
G) Hippie vegans
H) the 49ers

All reasons I dislike Cali

I lived there for a stretch in the San Francisco bay..... Whoops... I mean in the San FranFreakSideShow gay area and I loved it.
(Though I did miss the experience of the 4 seasons in Wis.)
Funny thing is that I experienced your top 3.
As for Hippie Vegans.
Yeah?
What about us?
Don't ************ over there and beat some sense into you with my carrot stick. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts