49ers

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't wait to be in the friendly confines of the South Endzone. My favorite Packer fan predicts a perfect 19 and 0 season to cap Championship no. 14. Packers 38 Niners 17.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It can't hurt to be optimistic at the start of every season. It should be a great game, and I hope it ends in the South Endzone!
I'll have what he's having..................
I hope your right JBlood! But this game scares me. It would be an awesome way to start out the season with a win against San Fran.
BTW, I was trapped in Vikingsville for 25 years, but am now back home in Wisconsin with the rest of the world's greatest fans. And there are still Vikings fans here that are fun to needle (which is sooooo easy). Life is good.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm envisioning a close game I'll go Packers start slow, get a big turnover (INT) which swings us to a 27-20 victory.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would love for us to beat the 49ers and rub it in harbaugh's smug little face. But it will be a tough game. We started out well last year against a formidable team (the Saints). One of the most exciting games I've seen in a few years.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The losing season with the Brew Crew makes the coming of football all the more exciting.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers are going to come back to earth this season. The team was an anomaly last season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Don't forget just how good the Niners defense was last year.

This game is going to be a top offense vs a top defense.

I myself underestimated the Niners a lot last year, and paid the price for it when they kept winning when I picked them to lose. I won't forget easily how they looked against the Saints, and that game alone proves their defense can give the heavy passing offenses big headaches. Protection over Rodgers is going to be a big key to this game, cause we already know the Niners totally shut down a run game.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Don't forget just how good the Niners defense was last year.

This game is going to be a top offense vs a top defense.

I myself underestimated the Niners a lot last year, and paid the price for it when they kept winning when I picked them to lose. I won't forget easily how they looked against the Saints, and that game alone proves their defense can give the heavy passing offenses big headaches. Protection over Rodgers is going to be a big key to this game, cause we already know the Niners totally shut down a run game.

I think a lot of folks here think last year was a fluke for the Niners. I'm not one of them. I think Harbaugh has put together a team and an attitude. You're right about protecting Rodgers. If he was running for his life in the pre-season games, lets hope that isn't a glimpse of things to come. LT is still not a settled position for the Packers. The D-line is short on guys for that game. A Rod was having trouble connecting with his receivers in pre-season as well. The secondary had positions up for grabs all pre-season. I think it's going to take them a game (at least) to gel. In other words; it's a very good chance the Niners win.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Another season starting nail biter. I can't wait. Sure hope the Pack wins so we don't get season-long 9er trolls.

RonnieLott42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will see a great game with both teams pulling out all the stops since it will be a statement game regarding NFC bragging rights. Although it might take a while for them to get heat up since both teams have been in vanilla mode for four weeks. The Niner's haven't looked as sharp on defense and aside from Kaepernick against the Chargers, this preseason was boooorrrring on offense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens so good luck to you all and no major injuries! Hope this is the first of two games this year too!;)
P.S. I'm not a troll and not one for trash talk.:) Just a fan that likes to hear about whats going on at other teams forums. Plus I'm burned out on arguing against Alex Smith supporters.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A win vs SF would be a great start to the season. This could be a preview of the NFC Championship Game.
Exactly what many people thought LAST year when we opened with that thrilling win over Drew Brees and the Saints.
As it turned out, both of us were knocked out too early by the playoff surprise 49ers & Giants dammit.

The road is a long, long, and winding journey.
I learned last year now not to "overly" celebrate anything until January & February are here.
Sure enjoy the ride and all the highs, but no more assuming anything will translate from September or November over til January & February.

The Niners are tough as hell and their strengths on offense can expose our defensive weaknesses.
They also have a good pass rush with the Smith Brothers which can severely expose our soft left tackle.

It should be a close game which means it can go either way.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will see a great game with both teams pulling out all the stops since it will be a statement game regarding NFC bragging rights. Although it might take a while for them to get heat up since both teams have been in vanilla mode for four weeks. The Niner's haven't looked as sharp on defense and aside from Kaepernick against the Chargers, this preseason was boooorrrring on offense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens so good luck to you all and no major injuries! Hope this is the first of two games this year too!;)
P.S. I'm not a troll and not one for trash talk.:) Just a fan that likes to hear about whats going on at other teams forums. Plus I'm burned out on arguing against Alex Smith supporters.
Welcome to our board fruitty.... we have a long history with the 49ers.
From Favre's engineer upset in the playoffs against them in 1996, to the Jerry Rice fumble in the playoffs that was stolen from us, when TO made his greatest catch ever....
to Donald Driver's most remarkable catch and run ever.

When was the last time we played the Niners IN SAN FRAN?
Seems like the last 3 times over the past 6 or 8 years, it's always in Green Bay.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited with this game,49'ers are going to be tough but our d-line will put pressure on Smith I know Perry wil make mistakes just fell this will be a win for the pack.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of folks here think last year was a fluke for the Niners. I'm not one of them. I think Harbaugh has put together a team and an attitude. You're right about protecting Rodgers. If he was running for his life in the pre-season games, lets hope that isn't a glimpse of things to come. LT is still not a settled position for the Packers. The D-line is short on guys for that game. A Rod was having trouble connecting with his receivers in pre-season as well. The secondary had positions up for grabs all pre-season. I think it's going to take them a game (at least) to gel. In other words; it's a very good chance the Niners win.

I agree with every little bit of what you said there. Minus the last sentence. Every game the the packers have #12 behind center is a game they have a good chance of winning. Im more of the crowd that has this at a 50-50 crap shoot that is determined by 1 score from a turnover on either side. So while I think the 49ers have just as good a chance of winning as my beloved packers I wouldn't say "very good chance"

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

I just know one thing, last year the Saints protected Brees a lot better than the Pack did Rodgers, and the Niners defense still gave him a beating and was all over him during that game. When you go back and watch the tape, it's amazing what they did to the Saints passing game. Brees had all day to throw on some of those plays but didn't know where to go because of the coverage. Hell go back to that first interception he threw down field. That is what shocked me, the coverage in that game, they were everywhere. I expect the same thing here too. I picked against the Niners all last year calling them a fluke but they made me pay the price with that game.

This game is going to come down to 2 things; one is the protection cause I already know we won't be able to run through them, no matter how great Benson is supposed to be.

The second thing is the bigger question 'Is the Packers defense going to let the 49ers make a joke of them and mass 300-400 yards and Frank Gore go loose like every team did last year?'. That's really my biggest concern, and we know Gore will get the ball more than Smith is going to throw it.

It's very possible the 49ers start the season 1-0, I just know we all don't want to think about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if turnovers win this game. We can say what we want about the 49ers lack of offense but can't take away from the fact the turnovers is what won them so many games last year. They were just one pick or fumble from being in the Super Bowl, didn't matter how ugly or great Smith can look.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 9ers have not won in Lambeau since 1990 and Montana to Rice. I'm sure their media will bring this out to them. Hoping the Lambeau mystique will work its magic. Like maybe WE are the ones who will get an " Owens caught it play " in our favor at the end. Even though you cannot really run against this team they still cannot ignore Benson either on a trap play or a swing pass. Would we rather have Starks or Green driving when it is 3rd and 1?
Maybe Harbaugh will get overconfident and let Smith open up a little. One of our rookies might get a chance to make a big play on defense.

Ninermania

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello packer fans... I come in peace. I just want to have a friendly discussion about next weeks upcoming game. I am as worried as a niner fan as you guys are as packer fans. I guess this will be a great gauge for both of our teams. Just like many of you guys have already noted, the key to this game will be how effective we can get to rogers. We was +28 in the turnover ratio department and we are bringing back all of our starters. Plus we all know of the offensive additions. I look for a great game and wish good luck to both teams. There is something about playing at Lambeau Field on opening day tho that scares me. Good luck!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Welcome!!

GL to the Niners, just not that much luck

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello packer fans... I come in peace. I just want to have a friendly discussion about next weeks upcoming game. I am as worried as a niner fan as you guys are as packer fans. I guess this will be a great gauge for both of our teams. Just like many of you guys have already noted, the key to this game will be how effective we can get to rogers. We was +28 in the turnover ratio department and we are bringing back all of our starters. Plus we all know of the offensive additions. I look for a great game and wish good luck to both teams. There is something about playing at Lambeau Field on opening day tho that scares me. Good luck!

Welcome......

Everyone seems that this will be a huge test...I disagree as it is the 1st game of the year and these teams prob will not be the same teams at end of the year..

So who ever losses it wont be a disaster...I dont want to start out 0-1 but it wouldnt be that horrible

Members online

Latest posts