49ers roster

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yep, and I tend to think that the 9'ers and Seahawks are going to want to lock those guys up well before they can sniff the market as unrestricted free agents.

OP
OP
NOMOFO

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, and I tend to think that the 9'ers and Seahawks are going to want to lock those guys up well before they can sniff the market as unrestricted free agents.

No question about it. As was mentioned in previous posts, both of their QBs are due up. Anyone that thinks their rosters won't be impacted by that doesn't have a clue. Neither team has the cap space to just sign them without making major moves.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NOMOFO

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are greatly exaggerating the age of the 49ers roster and their cap troubles. The 49ers will likely cut Carlos Rogers in the offseason, which will give them 8 million in cap space. You criticized this contract in a previous post, which only highlights your lack of knowledge in the salary cap.. Everyone knows Rogers' contract was actually a 3 year guaranteed deal, rather than a 5.. So Rogers will be gone and the 49ers will have an extra 8 million..

Regardless, the 49ers have Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Ahmad Brooks, NaVarro Bowman, and Eric Reid locked up through 2015-- some of these players even through 2017.. If those aren't considered cornerstone players I don't know who are..

Sure, the 49ers will have some decisions to make. Iupati and Crabtree have 1 year remaining on their deals. I would love to have Boldin back, but I don't think the 49ers can afford him. So he will likely be gone next year, but that saves 5 million that he would have likely required to stay. The 49ers will have to pick and choose between Iupati and Crabtree

But the 49ers have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of the upcoming draft. Don't be surprised if they trade up, like they did to grab Reid, in order to get another quality receiver.

As far as age concerns, Justin Smith is obviously in the twilight of his career, along with Gore and Jonathan Goodwin.. But those are the only starters over 30 years old (I'm ignoring Terrell Brown because he is a FA and unlikely to resign consider we signed Brock thru 2017 and have Chris Culliver as our other starter).. So to say the 49ers are old is a joke. The 49ers have Lattimore in the wing to replace Gore and they have Tank Carradine to replace Justin Smith. They also have Danny Kilgore to replace Goodwin..

So, while I appreciate your concern for the 49ers roster, I don't have any worry in the world..

? We posted the link to the average age listing AND posted the link to the 49ers contract/CAP listing for 2014. It's all there. I fully understand the CAP. I'm pretty sure some don't understand guaranteed money verses not guaranteed and the actualities of cap hits from cut players and that's the point for some confusion. Short of you collecting and looking at birth cirtificates, I suppose we'll have to believe the author about the age huh?

To act like they have no major cap/roster issues is the real joke. They do. Your making the point that it's no big deal. "Just cut a few guys and when a few of these other players move on, we have these other amazing players waiting in the wings that are just faaaantastic!"

For me, Kapernutbag is the reason I have zero fear that the Niners will be a team to worry about in the future. Look how much better the injury decimated Packers defense did in containing him the last two meetings, as opposed to the playoffs last year. Say what you want, but NFL D coordinators figure guys like him out. Look how he's looked this year in games where teams locked him up. He's been God awful at times. The guy is not going to beat you passing.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
? We posted the link to the average age listing AND posted the link to the 49ers contract/CAP listing for 2014. It's all there. I fully understand the CAP. I'm pretty sure some don't understand guaranteed money verses not guaranteed and the actualities of cap hits from cut players and that's the point for some confusion. Short of you collecting and looking at birth cirtificates, I suppose we'll have to believe the author about the age huh?

To act like they have no major cap/roster issues is the real joke. They do. Your making the point that it's no big deal. "Just cut a few guys and when a few of these other players move on, we have these other amazing players waiting in the wings that are just faaaantastic!"

For me, Kapernutbag is the reason I have zero fear that the Niners will be a team to worry about in the future. Look how much better the injury decimated Packers defense did in containing him the last two meetings, as opposed to the playoffs last year. Say what you want, but NFL D coordinators figure guys like him out. Look how he's looked this year in games where teams locked him up. He's been God awful at times. The guy is not going to beat you passing.
I already explained to you that the 49ers, for the most part, have their superstars already locked up thru 2016. The only players not locked up thru 2015 are Crabtree, Iupati, Boone, Whitner, and Gore. See for yourself.

http://ninercaphell.com/2015-salaries/

The 49ers will have 42 milion in cap space by then. And will be able to draft rookies who have very cost-efficient salaries under the CBA. I'm not naively saying the 49ers cut this guy and that guy like you're implying. Everyone knows Rogers is gone this year, so that bloated salary is off the books. And voila-- the 49ers will have 42 million in cap space for the beginning of the 2015 season.

In 2014, the 49ers are completely fine. They will have 16 million in space, and, beautifully, they will not need to get anybody next year. Everybody is freakin locked up. Whitner will be gone. And Goodwin will probably retire. Oh noes. By 2015, as I stated, the 49ers will no longer have wasted dead money and they will be good to go.

I personally am not worried about your predicted doom and gloom; especially about Kap's demise. It was his first full year starting as a QB, and he didn't have the luxory as Luck or Wilson did when they played in pro-style offense's in college.

Oh, and regarding Kap's future contract, don't be surprised if the 49ers get a discount. Kap knows that he is the luckiest QB in the world playing for Jim Harbaugh. Kap knows that offense caters to him perfectly and is QB friendly. Why would he waste the chance to play for Jim by going to Cleveland. Get out of here with that nonsense.

I get it, the 49ers are probably enemy #1 in Wisco. But in the Bay Area, we have shown how to build a winning franchise. And if TT wants to ignore, then ****, that is fine by me.

D

Deleted member 6794

You're hilarious. Want some reality check???

Kaepernick passed for 412 yards and three TDs vs. the Packers in Week 1. While he had only 227 yards in the playoff game (more than Rodgers had) he ran for 98 yards, the fourth most by a QB in playoff history.

And you're talking smack about him. Classy!!!

D

Deleted member 6794

No question about it. As was mentioned in previous posts, both of their QBs are due up. Anyone that thinks their rosters won't be impacted by that doesn't have a clue. Neither team has the cap space to just sign them without making major moves.

I'll put it down in writing right here: Kapernutwad will set his pending contract negotiations back millions this afternoon.

You posted these two quotes within some hours. Another example of you being hilarious.

OP
OP
NOMOFO

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're hilarious. Want some reality check???

Kaepernick passed for 412 yards and three TDs vs. the Packers in Week 1. While he had only 227 yards in the playoff game (more than Rodgers had) he ran for 98 yards, the fourth most by a QB in playoff history.

And you're talking smack about him. Classy!!!

I can not wait til next year at this time. there will be a world class size of crow coming. I watched kaperdckwad play many times this year and there is no doubt in my mind he is NOT going to be a top tier QB. have you even seen him play outside of the packer's games? I saw him look just about as bad as a pro QB can look at times this year.

...lol...and the classy comment? that's pretty funny. the words class and kpaernuts used in the same conversation. did you see him laughing when his ahem..."classy" coach ran a fake punt last week? ya... "classy". you wanna see class? look on the other side of the ball tonight at QB.

OP
OP
NOMOFO

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You posted these two quotes within some hours. Another example of you being hilarious.

lol..like I said...clearly you are stung given the stalking you keep doing. I get that. pretty funny really. what exactly is so confusing about this now?...... forget it... like somebody much smarter than you told me this week...people like you are not capable of common sense reasoning. why bother.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Yeah, they're a better team right now than us, but watch out! In two years their accountants are going to be pulling all-nighters! Who's gonna be laughing then, huh?"

Why are people taking solace in other team's future cap problems? What makes anyone here think that ANOTHER team won't draft a terrific rookie and build a contender around those players? Let's say the Cardinals or Bucs get it together? Those are just examples but the point is that there is ALWAYS a team with important players on cheap deals. So the Seahawks and 49ers are going to have cap issues after next season, are we forgetting that Nelson, Cobb and Daniels are all going to need contracts by then as well? When did it become ok to look at another team that's doing better than you and take solace in the fact that your cap shape is a little better than theirs?

This is why you focus on today in the NFL. We don't even know who will be playing center next season or how our dline will shape up since we're counting on player development so much at that position.

OP
OP
NOMOFO

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Yeah, they're a better team right now than us, but watch out! In two years their accountants are going to be pulling all-nighters! Who's gonna be laughing then, huh?"

Why are people taking solace in other team's future cap problems? What makes anyone here think that ANOTHER team won't draft a terrific rookie and build a contender around those players? Let's say the Cardinals or Bucs get it together? Those are just examples but the point is that there is ALWAYS a team with important players on cheap deals. So the Seahawks and 49ers are going to have cap issues after next season, are we forgetting that Nelson, Cobb and Daniels are all going to need contracts by then as well? When did it become ok to look at another team that's doing better than you and take solace in the fact that your cap shape is a little better than theirs?

I notice that the most outspoken on this are extremely new Packer fans...and I think that speaks volumes.

This is why you focus on today in the NFL. We don't even know who will be playing center next season or how our dline will shape up since we're counting on player development so much at that position.

Again you are out of context. the "debate" started when talking about Ted Thompson's approach verses others. ...and yet again I will say it... it is your opinion (and just an opinion) that teams should "focus on today in the nfl"... I lived thru decades of horrible Packer football. I highly suspect you might feel much different and not be talking like you and you might appreciate winning like the Packers do, had you lived thru that. My opinion is that I like Ted focusing on a team that has a shot every-single-year. ... and he has done fantastic at just that.

GBPackFan91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and regarding Kap's future contract, don't be surprised if the 49ers get a discount. Kap knows that he is the luckiest QB in the world playing for Jim Harbaugh. Kap knows that offense caters to him perfectly and is QB friendly. Why would he waste the chance to play for Jim by going to Cleveland. Get out of here with that nonsense.
I'm not sure...

However, several sources cautioned it is virtually certain Kaepernick would not agree to a "band-aid deal," that would look to cut into his potential free-agent years at a below-market rate. Those who know him well know how stubborn Kaepernick can be, and highly doubt he would consider a two- or three-year deal under these circumstances with what he has accomplished, considering he has pocketed only $4M total in his three years (including all bonuses). Some believe that Kaepernick wouldn't do a short-term deal that did anything but rework the final year left on his existing contract (worth $1M in 2014), and that he would even play out his entire rookie deal, a la Joe Flacco, if need be rather than strike a contract that was not commensurate with his play to date.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...lin-kaepernick-a-top-5-deal----in-nfl-history

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again you are out of context. the "debate" started when talking about Ted Thompson's approach verses others. ...and yet again I will say it... it is your opinion (and just an opinion) that teams should "focus on today in the nfl"... I lived thru decades of horrible Packer football. I highly suspect you might feel much different and not be talking like you and you might appreciate winning like the Packers do, had you lived thru that. My opinion is that I like Ted focusing on a team that has a shot every-single-year. ... and he has done fantastic at just that.

What exactly did I take take out of context? There are NUMEROUS posts pointing out the 49ers upcoming cap problems as if the team is in terrible shape. Let's not forget that the cap should actually start to rise the year after next so some of these forecasted issues may or may not happen. Hanging your hat on your team's cap management ability is a little odd is all I was pointing out.

My post was not intended to condemn the "plan for the long haul" crowd, I understand that point of view even if I don'tt neccessarily agree with it. Personally I think 80 percent of what Thompson has done to get us ready for the long haul is draft Rodgers (a huge thing). Any average GM, given the best QB in the NFL, will be able to get their team into the playoffs more often than not. Now, Thompson is better than average but the NFL is a play for today league. Players get injured, rosters suffer turnover and other teams improve.

I 'm sorry you lived through a bunch of terrible years with the Packers. That sucked. However, free agency as we know it today didn't exist then and, more importantly, the Packers didn't have the best QB in the NFL. The only teams that are terrible today are teams with terrible GMs and bad quarterbacks (I mean, the Cowboys are in the playoffs fairly often with one of the worst GMs in the NFL). If you truly think that Thompson is a great GM then I don't understand the concern about having years of mediocrity just because you have a year of cap issues.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well as of today, I say if anyone pays Kaepernick more than 8 million a year they are pissing away money. The guy can't pass against any team with an above average defense. I have been saying for a long time that he simply is not as good of QB as the Packers tend to make him look.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kaep is going to get 16-18 mil. No home town discount as the 9ers fan suggested. Aldon is gonna get big $$$ too.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have made so many people overrate Kaepernick.
He's played 3 games against us. 3 wins vs Rodgers, and each game he did some amazing crap, his career-highs either passing or running.

He blew it tonight, although it was his legs that got them any points and got them the lead.
But he had 2 big ints and the 1 fumble on the strip sack.

This will be an interesting off-season. Now the 49ers have 2 STUDS who are seriously injured. Bowman might miss the whole season. Iupati, who knows.
But they have enjoyed great LUCK the past 3 years with injuries. They may have missed their window for a Super Bowl as that great luck appears set to run out.

I think Kaepernick should still hold out now.
So should Sherman.
Guys finishing 3 years on their rookie contracts, per the CBA, can renegotiate can't they?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Where is everyone that wanted us to be like SF?
2. Their fans are freaking out on their forums saying their window is closing (is this a trend of teams that lose in the post season two or more season in a row?)
3. They are who we thought they were.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't stand San Francisco but obvioulsy something is working right over there. I hear all this talk about them being horrible and a couple of years but i just don't see it. They are built to win both high and low scoring games. It's no accident they have been to the conference championship 3 yrs in a row. They will be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NFC next year to. Unless we can find a way to get more discipline and talent on defense teams like San Francisco will always knock us out of the playoffs. Look at even Seattles defense? at least one playmaker at each level maybe two. They pride themselves on being a top defense and play with a toughness that just doesn't exist in Green Bay. It's a mentality that Capers just doesn't have so neither does the defense.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't stand San Francisco but obvioulsy something is working right over there. I hear all this talk about them being horrible and a couple of years but i just don't see it. They are built to win both high and low scoring games. It's no accident they have been to the conference championship 3 yrs in a row. They will be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NFC next year to. Unless we can find a way to get more discipline and talent on defense teams like San Francisco will always knock us out of the playoffs. Look at even Seattles defense? at least one playmaker at each level maybe two. They pride themselves on being a top defense and play with a toughness that just doesn't exist in Green Bay. It's a mentality that Capers just doesn't have so neither does the defense.

And it's not going to change. TT, MM and Capers have become something like the 3 amigos. We are going to see the same bunch of guys next season, we'll lose some players to FA, gain some in the draft, they'll preach draft and develop, maybe sign a cheap FA or two, and the outcome will be pretty much the same. If Rodgers stays healthy we make it to the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st round, the defense "improves" from 25th to maybe 23rd or 22nd in the NFL.

I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but the attitude coming out of the head office at GB is just that: stay the course, batten down the hatches against any real criticism, don't make any changes, do a lot of "evaluations", and everything will be *****-dory. Except we won't be a SB team and it won't be Dom Capers, it will be the players.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And it's not going to change. TT, MM and Capers have become something like the 3 amigos. We are going to see the same bunch of guys next season, we'll lose some players to FA, gain some in the draft, they'll preach draft and develop, maybe sign a cheap FA or two, and the outcome will be pretty much the same. If Rodgers stays healthy we make it to the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st round, the defense "improves" from 25th to maybe 23rd or 22nd in the NFL.

I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but the attitude coming out of the head office at GB is just that: stay the course, don't make any changes, do a lot of "evaluations", and everything will be *****-dory. Except we won't be a SB team.

I agree 100% with everything you just said. I hate to say it but i think the attitude is win the NFC North and anything can happen in the playoffs with a healthy Rodgers..vs building a nice defense around a healthy Rodgers. What has this team done since they havn't put a stout defense on the field? exactly, nada. The Franchise depends waayyyyy to much on AAron rodgers and that was evident this past season.

OP
OP
NOMOFO

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll ask you as well. Have you seen the 49ers play at all this year, other than the Packer's games? They have a very good defense and compared to the Packers, were much more healthy. Their QB, as Frank said, has actually gotten grossly over-rated thanks mostly to the Packer's games and playing an injury decimated Packer team. He also benefits greatly by that defense.

I told my friend yesterday in the third quarter... "If the Seahags get ahead, you will see why Kaperpukesac will never be a top tier QB." ...and he proceeded to go back to back to back turn-overs.:D

Let's keep in mind that he attempted to give the Packers the game as well but we wouldn't have it.

It's pretty simple... running QBs end up being hurt for much of their career... name one where that is not the case. You can't. Kapersuckassarm has made himself "viable" thanks to being able to break some long runs in big games. These GMs aren't stupid... they know damn well where that will eventually take him.

This has become a passing and scoring league. Without a very good and very healthy defense (luck), keeping scores low, Kaperpusssss would get exposed QUICK. We saw first hand yesterday what happens when he MUST put up points.

I said before the game that this game would cost Kaperpunknuts a few million on his next contract. I rest my case. I hope he still gets a giant contract and takes a ton of cap space however! :D:D

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll ask you as well. Have you seen the 49ers play at all this year, other than the Packer's games? They have a very good defense and compared to the Packers, were much more healthy. Their QB, as Frank said, has actually gotten grossly over-rated thanks mostly to the Packer's games and playing an injury decimated Packer team. He also benefits greatly by that defense.

I told my friend yesterday in the third quarter... "If the Seahags get ahead, you will see why Kaperpukesac will never be a top tier QB." ...and he proceeded to go back to back to back turn-overs.:D

Let's keep in mind that he attempted to give the Packers the game as well but we wouldn't have it.

It's pretty simple... running QBs end up being hurt for much of their career... name one where that is not the case. You can't. Kapersuckassarm has made himself "viable" thanks to being able to break some long runs in big games. These GMs aren't stupid... they know damn well where that will eventually take him.

This has become a passing and scoring league. Without a very good and very healthy defense (luck), keeping scores low, Kaperpusssss would get exposed QUICK. We saw first hand yesterday what happens when he MUST put up points.

I said before the game that this game would cost Kaperpunknuts a few million on his next contract. I rest my case. I hope he still gets a giant contract and takes a ton of cap space however! :D:D

I hear you i do...but you do realize the guy owns the Packers defense right? He has had his best passing and rushing games of his career against the Packers. That's all i care about really. So as long as his team is advancing in the playoffs i don't think they care about how great of a passer he is or isn't...he works in their system. Which also proves my second point...he has the defense to back him up and keep him in games.

Members online

Latest posts