49ers fan in peace, Came to ask about Matt Flynn

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As was said before, I think something like a 3rd rounder and a first round swap would probably get it done. What you get with Flynn is a guy with an average arm and above average smarts. He is a student of the game. He also doesn't get rattled easily... ice in his veins. Still a lot of unknown upside with him, but the Patriots game was huge. With good coaching he'll be a player. Moves well in the pocket. Oh yeah, and for the last three seasons, he's been learning by watching the best ;)

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Rodgers and his concussions, I can not see TT trading Flynn at all, except maybe for a high 1st and 2nd rounder. I think Green Bay even franchises Flynn if they have to, ala Patriots with Cassel.

no way. flynn has built quite some hype for himself a la pats game. i see TT developing harrell as backup. if rodgers is out, consider season gone anyways.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With Rodgers and his concussions, I can not see TT trading Flynn at all, except maybe for a high 1st and 2nd rounder. I think Green Bay even franchises Flynn if they have to, ala Patriots with Cassel.

If we don't trade him this offseason, he'll be gone after next year with nothing to show for it. TT won't franchise him. They'd have to pay him the average of the top 5 salaries for QBs. Not gonna happen. TT will likely draft a QB in the 5-7 round somewhere.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we don't trade him this offseason, he'll be gone after next year with nothing to show for it. TT won't franchise him. They'd have to pay him the average of the top 5 salaries for QBs. Not gonna happen. TT will likely draft a QB in the 5-7 round somewhere.

Not necessarily, I think the Packers go one more preseason before trading Flynn. Here's the rationale, they have to see how well Graham Harrell or some other QB that they bring in via FA or draft performs in order to be safe with letting them become the No. 2 QB. Then they'll entertain trade offers for Flynn, the reason why teams won't be so hesitant to wait till Flynn hits FA is the fear that the packers may actually hammer out a deal before the season ends, not likely but very possible. Seeing as how TT has gotten a handful of deals done this season, other teams would be scared into thinking that Flynn may not even hit the open market at all...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would like to see Flynn stay another year but if we can get a second or first round draft pick we should take it. Just because we need to get something for him. It is nice to have some depth at QB for sure though.

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Flynn is awesome. I don't wanna trade him at all unless the offer blows us away. I don't think I've heard anything officially about him being on the trade block.

OP
OP
The Jerm

The Jerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Flynn is awesome. I don't wanna trade him at all unless the offer blows us away. I don't think I've heard anything officially about him being on the trade block.

I haven't either and without a CBA there can't be any word about him being on the block but I was just wondering what you guys thought about possibly trading him and how well he's performed in preseasons and OTA's.

dobolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack shouldn't trade Flynn for anything less than a 2nd round pick. He's more valuable to them as a backup next season than a third round pick is.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flynn was OK; probably one of the better qb's we've had at LSU in my memory.

if i'm the 9ers i'd take anybody at QB at this point. be done with The Smiths. "let me, let me get what i want"..

Members online