49er's Defense

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Dom Capers and the rest of the defense is watching this NFC Championship Game. The 49er's actually wrap-up and tackle. The 49er's gang tackle and pursue runners until the whistle blows. The 49er's rush the passer consistently.

I have to say that I'm impressed. Living in the midwest, 49er games are never shown on TV. This defense is legit.

Reaction score
justin smith is a beast, they got these two big fat dudes that crumble pockets, aldon smith is legit, patrice willis and that bowman guy know how to tackle, the secondary pays attention and do their job instead of being stat hungry selfish players.

gerrrrh!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Just like they did last week, they toyed with New Orleans, they were totally schooling them on how to play defense, even if you want to blitz.

I don't see the Packers being able to do stuff like the Niners cause they don't get pressure, and they don't play man to man when they need to. The front 4 on the Niners defense prides themselves on beating the quarterback into the ground.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this 49ers defense is intense. I can't imagine what the scores of our games would be if we had something like that.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this 49ers defense is intense. I can't imagine what the scores of our games would be if we had something like that.
That was 2010. It worked out pretty good.

I for one think the talent is there. Or, there is enough talent there, to be pretty good.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish the Packers can make a free agent signing like Justin Smith. #beast

I may sound like a broken record, but does anyone remember the late 90s/early 00s Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense (especially the 2002 unit), this 49ers defense EERILY reminds me of that defense. These guys are young and legit, they don't allow a lot of points, and the only reason why they lost today was because of two muffed punts on their special teams play. Giants would have no shot if Williams caught those balls, NO SHOT.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yea, they are crazy good at tackling. Rarely ever see them have a missed tackle. How is the difference so night and day between them and us? Has to be coaching right??

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They sacked Eli 6 times in that game. Defense played well. They just didn't get the turnovers they usually get.
The offense and ST failed.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
That D was sick tonight. SICK. Giants D is good as well. What a physical bone crushing game. OMG. I feel satisfied now after watching that junk known as the "Kraft pays off the refs bowl in NE" and "Flacco and the Ravens O chokes in the clutch AGAIN."

Eli might want to sit in a hot tub for a few days now.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
They sacked Eli 6 times in that game. Defense played well. They just didn't get the turnovers they usually get.
The offense and ST failed.

Very suprising. The special teams for the Niners are usually legit as hell. I guess it's how the ball bounces sometimes in big games.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like they did last week, they toyed with New Orleans, they were totally schooling them on how to play defense, even if you want to blitz.

I don't see the Packers being able to do stuff like the Niners cause they don't get pressure, and they don't play man to man when they need to. The front 4 on the Niners defense prides themselves on beating the quarterback into the ground.

you need change a lots plays on defense to get that...... there a draft coming

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Look on the bright side. At least we won't be getting more Lakers/Celtics. Both teams are on their last legs.

With this game it's a tough one. I know the league wanted Packers/Patriots. But, they will take Giants/Patriots. The league is turning into the NBA before our eyes.

I also find the Manning connection very interesting. You might have a real passing of the torch in this SB if the Giants win. I suspected after the Giants beat the Pack that they could beat anyone. I was hoping for Baltimore though to win it all but well they dropped it.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
If the Pack could get anyone like the Niners have, a good DE to help Matthew get pressure would be nice.

I would like some hard hitting Linebackers...Guys that hit you so hard you drop the ball, I wouldn't mind seeing WR's scared to death to catch the ball cause they know the guy that pushes them down is going to be aggressive and put their *** down hard. You see how hard Ed Reeds hits people, or Darren Sharper, they put fear in the WR's to catch those balls.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I gotta give Harbaugh props though. What a turnaround he did with this team. I am glad he lost though now. I think the Pats D could have shut down the run of the Niners and teed off on Smith eventually if they built a lead. They will have their hands full with the Giants passing game instead who btw was missing Nicks in the first meeting this year.

I really want to see the Giants beat the Pats again lol. It would be almost funny if they get back to the SB again to lose to the same team.

Reaction score
I love the 49ers defense. Justin Smith is just a beast. Those LBers play with reckless abandon and don't miss tackles. They have lock down corners and safeties who are in the correct position. Thats what a real defense looks like. Very well coached. No missed communications. If the return guy doesn't mess up twice the 49ers would be in the SB.

Hope TT was paying attention. Pack needs to upgrade everywhere on defense. DL, LB & DB's. Capers better work his butt of next year. I am sick of hearing we are going to get the missed communications fixed. Get it done or its time for a new DC!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts