Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've got it wrong again, Phil...

It's the Packer "fans" here who are the traitor...

A guy comes to their pathetic franchise and resurrects their team through blood, sweat, and tears, and they treat him like a stranger and exhibit mad manlove for a homosexual GM who traded their icon away to stroke his own ego....that, imo...is wrong.

Again..you people are agreeing with Philtration...

Packer fandom makes strange bedfellows.

Oh I agree with that too.
The way they have turned on him is weird and that was part of my point.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just calling TT an "homosexual GM" tells we can simply ignore your post.

Anyway, I believe TT's work is still nder judgement, since you can't trust in changing QB and suddenly be at your top, whatever your team is. Plus, last year's problems were defense and injuries, no way we could have made the postseason even with #4. Still, if in 2 or 3 years this team doesn't achieve anything, then you will be right and the TT/MM team will have failed. So far, it's work in progress. But I guess you don't care about the team, as long as you can sound off against Thompson.

Oh, and by the way, the last time I checked homosexual was not an insult. I guess it's like saying "that GM who loves fish and chips".

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea if TT is a homosexual (although I suspect MM knows for sure) but I do know that he's a terrible GM who is driving this team into the ground. He let his massive ego create the Favre situation (and unfortunately Favre only perpetuated it) his head coach is a buffoon who wouldn't have been hired as a head coach by most other teams in the league and finally, his draft history is pathetic. The good news is that if the team goes 7-9 this year, they both might be out and that's what I'm hoping will happen.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
buffoon? thats why he won Coach of the Year 2 years ago, even with the pats going 16-0
hmm...

By the way, what are you talking about Coach of Year? Do you see MM listed as the winner of ANY of these Coach of the Year awards? You're just clueless.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Coach_of_the_Year_Award]National Football League Coach of the Year Award - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Oh I agree with that too.
The way they have turned on him is weird and that was part of my point.

Your not a GB fan so you have have no perspective on this which is why you don't understand. That's cool. I don't expect non GB fans to understand. How is it "weird" to turn on a guy who signed with your team's arch-rival? Seems like what you would expect. How would Bears fans feel is Ditka signed with the Packers after a falling out with the Bears? I bet Chicago fans would feel betrayed. Same thing now in GB. Last time I try to explain this as it's pretty obivous to me. Brett damaged himself big time by signing with an arch-rival of the Packers. Dumb move, like most of his decisions lately. I can forgive him the Jets, big deal (same like Lombardi, Jordan, Montana, Emmitt Smith). But the Vikings!? Sorry Brett, you crossed the line. That is like Emmit Smith or Troy Aikman signing with Philly to get back at Jerry after retiring. Dallas fans would freak out.

How are Packer Fans traitors? We are loyal to the Packer Organization not one man! I was a Packer fan long before Brett Favre showed up. Good QB for us, but all that talk of his was just hot air.

Brett is now joined the arch-rival after years talking about always being a Packer. Pretty obvious to me Brett is the Traitor. Yeah, I see him as just another Vikings QB now. Even people from other teams that I've chatted with who respected him before are calling him a traitor to the Packers. Honestly, your in the minority from what I've seen.

I will watch him, just to see how this story ends. A Traitor vs his betrayed team is a hell of a good story. You almost wonder if the league didn't encourage him to come back, simply to get people to tune in. The drama is great and will make watching Viking/GB games a heck of a lot more interesting than they already are. So in that sense, it's good business for the League, GB and Minny.

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya know im 23 now and I have been rootin for brett favre pretty much since I knew what a football was...... And I cant even look at him in the face anymore. To see him in that ugly *** uniform just made me wanna puke. I love favre as a football player for what hes done, their arent to many "IRON MEN" out there like him anymore. HOWEVER I do think TT made the right and RESPONSIBLE desicion in letting go of Favre, I dont care if brett is playin for the vikes I still think we have the best QB in the NFC North RIGHT NOW!!! I guess alls im sayin is if we all could give this kid just as much love as we did brett, I think in the end rodgers is goona be the same elite QB as brett but maybe even better. And hey brett might have a long season ahead if the piece of **** oline doesnt figure out how to block, cause MR. Capers WILL BRING THE HEAT!!!!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are Packers fans and then there are Favre fans. He is obviously a Favre fan.
So he cheer for the Favres? What's their jersey? I get fans don't wanting TT to be the packers GM anymore. I get fans that don't want to cheer for the packers anymore. But to actually root against? To support an arch-rival? I'm sorry, to me that's not a packer fan. Because last time I checked the Green Bay Packers were formed before Favre. It's a very different situation than when Curly Lambeau left.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So he cheer for the Favres? What's their jersey? I get fans don't wanting TT to be the packers GM anymore. I get fans that don't want to cheer for the packers anymore. But to actually root against? To support an arch-rival? I'm sorry, to me that's not a packer fan. Because last time I checked the Green Bay Packers were formed before Favre. It's a very different situation than when Curly Lambeau left.

Wherever Favre goes, those people will cheer for that team. I think it's stupid and I agree with what you said. Those who do that aren't real Packers fans.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, let me know, what team are you rooting for? Not the Packers I guess, since you hope they go 7-9...

Not only am I a Packers fan, I am also a shareholder, so I don't have to defend my credentials to you or any of the other TT and MM apologists on this board.

I firmly believe that TT and MM are wrong for this franchise and have expressed myself at shareholders meetings and through other avenues. Unfortunately, the only way they go is for the team to be unsuccessful. I'm willing to absorb a couple of bad seasons if it means moving them on from the franchise.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your not a GB fan so you have have no perspective on this which is why you don't understand. That's cool. I don't expect non GB fans to understand. How is it "weird" to turn on a guy who signed with your team's arch-rival? Seems like what you would expect. How would Bears fans feel is Ditka signed with the Packers after a falling out with the Bears? I bet Chicago fans would feel betrayed. Same thing now in GB. Last time I try to explain this as it's pretty obivous to me. Brett damaged himself big time by signing with an arch-rival of the Packers. Dumb move, like most of his decisions lately. I can forgive him the Jets, big deal (same like Lombardi, Jordan, Montana, Emmitt Smith). But the Vikings!? Sorry Brett, you crossed the line. That is like Emmit Smith or Troy Aikman signing with Philly to get back at Jerry after retiring. Dallas fans would freak out.

How are Packer Fans traitors? We are loyal to the Packer Organization not one man! I was a Packer fan long before Brett Favre showed up. Good QB for us, but all that talk of his was just hot air.

Brett is now joined the arch-rival after years talking about always being a Packer. Pretty obvious to me Brett is the Traitor. Yeah, I see him as just another Vikings QB now. Even people from other teams that I've chatted with who respected him before are calling him a traitor to the Packers. Honestly, your in the minority from what I've seen.

I will watch him, just to see how this story ends. A Traitor vs his betrayed team is a hell of a good story. You almost wonder if the league didn't encourage him to come back, simply to get people to tune in. The drama is great and will make watching Viking/GB games a heck of a lot more interesting than they already are. So in that sense, it's good business for the League, GB and Minny.

Who said that the Packers or Favre was a "tratior"?
Sorry but the fans here just don't take something like this all that seriously.
I could not care less where Mike Ditka works.
Do you think that anyone here gave a damn when Steve McMichael played for the Packers?
It was funny to us that you were suddenly cheering for a player that you hated... just like the Vikings are doing right now with Favre.

It is just football and these players do not want you any where near their home, their expensive car or them personally.
They do not belong to you and to tell you the truth Favre never even liked Green Bay.
He is famous for avoiding Wisconsin until the last minute and high tailing it back to Mississippi as soon as the final gun sounded for the season.

You were just a place he worked and he showed that for 16 years with the Packers and he is showing it now.
Face the facts.
You are way down on his list of things to give a damn about and it has always been that way.

Brett Favre has not played for the Packers since 2007 and instead of following your current QB you are stuck in the past and expect Favre to have the same connection with you as you did with him.

It does not exist for him and it makes you look like stalkers.
This has always been a one sided love affair.

You are making this into more than it really is.

There is no deep rooted conspiracy here.
It is just a washed up pro athlete who cannot come to grips with the fact that he is no longer 28 years old.
This is not the first time that this has happened you know.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only am I a Packers fan, I am also a shareholder, so I don't have to defend my credentials to you or any of the other TT and MM apologists on this board.

I firmly believe that TT and MM are wrong for this franchise and have expressed myself at shareholders meetings and through other avenues. Unfortunately, the only way they go is for the team to be unsuccessful. I'm willing to absorb a couple of bad seasons if it means moving them on from the franchise.

I live far from there, so I may be wrong, but I guess being a Packer shareholder is not much different from being a normal fan, since there are a lot of little shareholders. But I don't know the exact situation, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, I'm curious, if we happen to have good season, will you be sad because the front office won't be fired? I'm by no means an apologist of whatever, I try to look at the facts and see that the offense has been great lately; the defense was never particularly solid since the Holmgren years and I think they're trying to address the problem bringing in an aggressive coaching staff. So far the preseason gave positive responses, but it's only a couple of preseason games so let's wait and see. What I don't understand is why we should get rid of MM and TT in the middle of the development of a team. Yes we had a wonderful 2007 and a bad 2008, but it's plain to see that most of the playmakers on the team have their best still to come. You have to look at the big picture and avoid quick judgments like: good 2007, bad 2008, team is getting worse, fire everyone. You won't get anywhere with that kind of decision making. All in all, it looks like everyone who wants TT out just stops at Favre being kicked out ,which actually never happened.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live far from there, so I may be wrong, but I guess being a Packer shareholder is not much different from being a normal fan, since there are a lot of little shareholders. But I don't know the exact situation, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, I'm curious, if we happen to have good season, will you be sad because the front office won't be fired? I'm by no means an apologist of whatever, I try to look at the facts and see that the offense has been great lately; the defense was never particularly solid since the Holmgren years and I think they're trying to address the problem bringing in an aggressive coaching staff. So far the preseason gave positive responses, but it's only a couple of preseason games so let's wait and see. What I don't understand is why we should get rid of MM and TT in the middle of the development of a team. Yes we had a wonderful 2007 and a bad 2008, but it's plain to see that most of the playmakers on the team have their best still to come. You have to look at the big picture and avoid quick judgments like: good 2007, bad 2008, team is getting worse, fire everyone. You won't get anywhere with that kind of decision making. All in all, it looks like everyone who wants TT out just stops at Favre being kicked out ,which actually never happened.

First off, I am not a little shareholder, I would consider myself a significant shareholder. Doesn't make my opinion and better than the next guy, but when I get called out for not being a true fan, I need to set the record straight.

Second, my hatred of TT and MM are not based on going from a good season to a bad season. I was opposed to hiring both of them before their deals were finalized as neither came with a particularly distinguished career and I felt there were better options available. They showed their incompetence with their handling of the Brett situation and it continues with draft picks like Harrell, MM's penchant for blaming everyone else when something goes wrong and really just a culture of arrogance that those two permeate.

As a fan I am seriously torn. I would love for them to have a good season and return to our winning ways, but I know it would come at the cost of keeping TT and MM around, which I'm not willing to support. Another bad season or two and maybe we bring in some classier football professionals to run the organization more fitting of the tradition of the team and I can be proud to be a fan again.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I don'tknow them personally, what makes you think they're spreading a culture of arrogance? I don't see them going any further than showing confidence, but maybe you have more of an insider view. I'm curious.

As far as MM blaming players, I agree, that should never happen in public. I believe every coach should talk with players in private if he thinks they're doing something wrong (on the field), and defend them in interviews. Addressing to single players, both with positive and negative remarks, isn't going to raise team chemistry.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I don'tknow them personally, what makes you think they're spreading a culture of arrogance? I don't see them going any further than showing confidence, but maybe you have more of an insider view. I'm curious.

As far as MM blaming players, I agree, that should never happen in public. I believe every coach should talk with players in private if he thinks they're doing something wrong (on the field), and defend them in interviews. Addressing to single players, both with positive and negative remarks, isn't going to raise team chemistry.

Well, part of the arrogance comes from the blame game that MM plays with his players and staff. I also really believe that TT and MM had it in for Brett and wanted to prove that they could win without him. That's working out great so far.

GrandMstrBud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well first of all I have always been a Packer fan but Favre is my favorite player. A lot of people come on here and blame him for leaving. When he wanted to come back TT and MM should have allowed him to come back and compete for the job. Why would you treat, arguably one of the greatest players of all time, like that? I mean he only took Packers to the playoffs 11 out of 16 years, 2 Super Bowls, 4 NFC title games, and brought the team 1 Super Bowl championship. Do you honestly think the Packers would have accomplished all of that without Brett? Do I think it's about revenge? Of course I do and I hope he beats the Packers 2 or 3 times this year just to show the organization what they missed out on. I don't know why the fans are all over him for going to the Vikings, are you all forgetting what Brett has done? I don't think there is another player in the NFL that plays this game with the passion that Brett does. So come October 5th and November 1st I will be wearing my ugly #4 Favre jersey.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well first of all I have always been a Packer fan but Favre is my favorite player. A lot of people come on here and blame him for leaving. When he wanted to come back TT and MM should have allowed him to come back and compete for the job. Why would you treat, arguably one of the greatest players of all time, like that? I mean he only took Packers to the playoffs 11 out of 16 years, 2 Super Bowls, 4 NFC title games, and brought the team 1 Super Bowl championship. Do you honestly think the Packers would have accomplished all of that without Brett? Do I think it's about revenge? Of course I do and I hope he beats the Packers 2 or 3 times this year just to show the organization what they missed out on. I don't know why the fans are all over him for going to the Vikings, are you all forgetting what Brett has done? I don't think there is another player in the NFL that plays this game with the passion that Brett does. So come October 5th and November 1st I will be wearing my ugly #4 Favre jersey.

Well, I am sure you are going to get flamed for your post, but at least you make sense. I compare it the Yankees (who I do not like) but who have an organization rich in tradition like the Pack. Does anyone honestly believe that if Derek Jeter wasn't sure about coming back and then changed his mind and wanted to return that the Yankees would tell him to take a hike like TT did to Brett? I can guarantee that Brian Cashman doesn't want his legacy to be known as the guy who drove Derek Jeter from the Yankees. Clearly TT doesn't care that he'll be known as the guy who drove Brett Favre from GB.

GrandMstrBud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I am sure you are going to get flamed for your post, but at least you make sense. I compare it the Yankees (who I do not like) but who have an organization rich in tradition like the Pack. Does anyone honestly believe that if Derek Jeter wasn't sure about coming back and then changed his mind and wanted to return that the Yankees would tell him to take a hike like TT did to Brett? I can guarantee that Brian Cashman doesn't want his legacy to be known as the guy who drove Derek Jeter from the Yankees. Clearly TT doesn't care that he'll be known as the guy who drove Brett Favre from GB.

I don't care if I get flamed or not as it's my opinion and I have a right to it as does everyone on here. I don't understand how some Packer fans think that Brett is a traitor when TT clearly didn't want him. So why are we putting all the blame on Brett?

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if I get flamed or not as it's my opinion and I have a right to it as does everyone on here. I don't understand how some Packer fans think that Brett is a traitor when TT clearly didn't want him. So why are we putting all the blame on Brett?

They'll change their tune five years from now when Aaron still hasn't delivered a Super Bowl and TT will have already fired MM to save his sorry job.

GrandMstrBud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll change their tune five years from now when Aaron still hasn't delivered a Super Bowl and TT will have already fired MM to save his sorry job.

Ron Wolf and Bob Harlan would never allowed this to happen that's for sure. I think the Packers have a great team but I never did like Mike McCarthy. I will say this though, I think the NFC north will be the most interesting division and I can't wait for it to start.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Wolf and Bob Harlan would never allowed this to happen that's for sure. I think the Packers have a great team but I never did like Mike McCarthy. I will say this though, I think the NFC north will be the most interesting division and I can't wait for it to start.

Bob Harlan and Ron Wolf forgot more about football than these clowns will ever hope to know. It's a shame we are stuck with them for the time being.

Members online

Latest posts