bigkittywowwow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so born and raised in WI...now a Montana cheesehead....Is it just me or is there a LARGE breach in 'Loyalty" here...I for one will NEVER watch the trader again

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
so born and raised in WI...now a Montana cheesehead....Is it just me or is there a LARGE breach in 'Loyalty" here...I for one will NEVER watch the trader again

Well, you see bigkitty...In this game, things get confused out there; power, ideals, the old morality and practical career necessity. Out there with these players, it must be a temptation to be god. Because there's a conflict in every human heart between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. The good does not always triumph. Sometimes the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature. Every man has got a breaking point. You and I have. Favre has reached his. And very obviously, he has gone insane.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you wave a bag of pot or an open bottle under the nose of an addict or alcoholic and catch him at a particularly vulnerable moment you can probably get him to fall off the wagon.
By what he said and how he appeared at his "deer in the headlights" intro press conference yesterday Faver was going thru his usual struggle with age and the march of time and his ego and craving for attention, adulation and a big pile of money when a desperate Brad Childress called him again on MOnday and asked him to reconsider remaining retired.
He caught addict Faver at just the right (or wrong) moment and the next day Bratty Faver is on the company plane to Minnysota.
After spending his offseason having bicep surgery, pitching balls with high school kids and going in to an 18th season at (sooon) age 40 with no NFL conditioning, to a new team whose ota's & training camp he's missed this should go even worse than his little venture with the Jets last year.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has been so long since Brett told the truth that he can't tell the difference between what is truth and what is a lie. It wasn't that long ago that he said he wanted to stick it to Ted Thompson. Sounds like revenge to me. Then yesterday he says, no revenge. As a former Packer Brett Favre has to know that the Vikings are our most hated foe. He's been trying to get with the Vikes since he was here. He knows more than anyone how this will be perceived by Packer fans. He choice was intentional. You will never convince me that a year ago the Vikings weren't guilty of breaking league rules in tampering. What did Brett call Childress yesterday. Chile???? Sounds pretty intimate to me. I am glad he's no longer a Packer and I will be pissed if they ever decide to retire his jersey and put his name in the ring with those other loyal and great Packers. Can anyone imagine Fuzzy Thurston, Ray Nitchke, Bart Starr doing something like this????????????

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone imagine Fuzzy Thurston, Ray Nitchke, Bart Starr doing something like this????????????
You're missing something. Those guys you mentioned actually have a little thing called integrity... You can't compare them to brent. A better comparison is with another qb who recently has reentered the league, after lying to the commissioner and the Government...

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're missing something. Those guys you mentioned actually have a little thing called integrity... You can't compare them to brent. A better comparison is with another qb who recently has reentered the league, after lying to the commissioner and the Government...
is he playing for the eagles caus im not sure if we're on the same page or not
:jester:

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
News to you.
Brett doesn't care what you think of him...

You didn't stick up for him when your scum*** GM Thom P. Tedson traded his ***..so why should he care about you ****birds?

As Brett said, "Any REAL Packer fan would understand..", not these fools like America or Tromadz or whatever he's call himself these days, however...

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett said this wasn't about revenge but I believe it was, Brett was/is one of the greatest QB's of all-time abd TT just gave him away

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a Packer fan and to be honest I hate the Packers.
Look at it this way....
Yes Favre has shown that he can be a complete idiot.

You were just a lot slower than the rest of the world in seeing him for what he really is.
Yes he is doing this as some sort of weird "revenge" to get even for a situation that he himself caused.

The Packers called his bluff and it was Favre who ran himself out of Green Bay.
Yes, he should hang it up and should have retired as a Packer but....

That does not wipe out his career as a Green Bay Packer.
You only have to look at your own acceptance and admiration for Reggie White to know how Eagle fans felt when he left.
To me and many others Reggie is a Philadelphia Eagle….. not a Green Bay Packer.

You retire Favre’s jersey and you put him up on your little ring of fame or what ever it is called because it is the right thing to do.
You root against him because he is a Viking and you don’t cross your fingers and hope that he breaks a leg or something.
Why join his silly *** circus?

Anything else is just petty and makes you look just as dumb as Favre.
He wants you to get bent out of shape on this because it makes him feel important and I would guess that you have already given this guy enough of your attention to last a lifetime.
When he comes to play in Green Bay you give him a polite round of applause and then show him that you have moved on and that he was never bigger than the team.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a Packer fan and to be honest I hate the Packers.
Look at it this way....
Yes Favre has shown that he can be a complete idiot.

You were just a lot slower than the rest of the world in seeing him for what he really is.
Yes he is doing this as some sort of weird "revenge" to get even for a situation that he himself caused.

The Packers called his bluff and it was Favre who ran himself out of Green Bay.
Yes, he should hang it up and should have retired as a Packer but....

That does not wipe out his career as a Green Bay Packer.
You only have to look at your own acceptance and admiration for Reggie White to know how Eagle fans felt when he left.
To me and many others Reggie is a Philadelphia Eagle….. not a Green Bay Packer.

You retire Favre’s jersey and you put him up on your little ring of fame or what ever it is called because it is the right thing to do.
You root against him because he is a Viking and you don’t cross your fingers and hope that he breaks a leg or something.
Why join his silly *** circus?

Anything else is just petty and makes you look just as dumb as Favre.
He wants you to get bent out of shape on this because it makes him feel important and I would guess that you have already given this guy enough of your attention to last a lifetime.
When he comes to play in Green Bay you give him a polite round of applause and then show him that you have moved on and that he was never bigger than the team.
Standing from the outside is easy to say those. I don't completely disagree with that, but there's more to it than just ignoring and being the better man. You've been in this forum for a long time, and if you've read any of the links I posted about him, you'd know how the majority FEELS. In the end it's not just actions. It's emotions too. Emotions are what drove you to say that the whole world new he was like that before us. We're not robots analyzing situations...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Standing from the outside is easy to say those. I don't completely disagree with that, but there's more to it than just ignoring and being the better man. You've been in this forum for a long time, and if you've read any of the links I posted about him, you'd know how the majority FEELS. In the end it's not just actions. It's emotions too. Emotions are what drove you to say that the whole world new he was like that before us. We're not robots analyzing situations...

Brett Favre plays on your emotions and that is something that he has always taken for granted.
Why accommodate him on this?
Michael Jordan came out of retirement to play again and the people here did not get all hysterical about it.
He was a much better player and accomplished a hell of a lot more than Favre ever did and he was not viewed as some evil traitor.

Brett Favre is just a football player and you do not own him. You loved him and you cheered him on for 16 seasons and now you are acting like a jilted lover because he is wearing the uniform of another team. I am talking about Packer fans in general and not just you.

Do you believe that 49er fans acted like this because Joe Montana finished his career in K.C.?
Did Colts fans rip Johnny Unitas for becoming a Charger?
Hey…. Vince Lombardi left the Packers and coached the Redskins.
Is he any less of a Packer legend because of that?
If Walter Payton had decided to play a year for the Lions I would not wipe out what he did for the Bears from my memory.

I have asked this question on this site many times in the past and I will ask it again right now.

Are you a Brett Favre fan or are you a Green Bay Packers fan?

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What?

Comparing Brett to Michael Vick is so outrageous I'm not sure how to even respond. You're clueless. Do us a favor and go root for the Bears.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Brett Favre plays on your emotions and that is something that he has always taken for granted.
Why accommodate him on this?
Michael Jordan came out of retirement to play again and the people here did not get all hysterical about it.
He was a much better player and accomplished a hell of a lot more than Favre ever did and he was not viewed as some evil traitor.
?

Jordan, Lombardi, and Montana, didn't purposefully sign with their former teams ARCH-RIVAL specifically to get some revenge on that organization. If Jordan did that Chi-town crowd would be ******** their pants just like GB fans are. Jordan played for a team he was part owner in. Nothing PERSONAL against the Bulls. THAT is what Brett Favre has done, he made it personal when he signed with the Vikings. Favre had NO interest is signing with another team and signed with the Jets as that was the only way GB would trade him. He wanted to go to Minny. Once he became a free agent after being released by the Jets, he played his hide and seek games and then signs.

That is basically saying those great years with Packers don't mean as much to him as getting back at the GB org. Gee that hurts, after we supported him for those many years. Even Fran Tarkenton in so many words called him a traitor. That tells you something when the Vikings most famous QB says it like it is. In my mind Favre was a great player for GB, but my opinion of him has been permanently damaged and I'll never look at him the same.

This is a grudge match between Favre and the Packers. It's gonna be interesting. Lets get ready to rumble!

Reggie might be considered an Eagle by you and Eagle fans because he played 2 more years there than in GB, big deal. 5 in GB, 7 in Philly. He actually accomplished something in GB. When they show him in pictures holding his Championship and Lombardi trophy he's in a GB Jersey. Not to mention on the hall of fame site they show him in a GB Jersey. He'll be REMEMBERED as a GB player by everybody outside of Philly.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan, Lombardi, and Montana, didn't purposefully sign with their former teams ARCH-RIVAL specifically to get some revenge on that organization. If Jordan did that Chi-town crowd would be ******** their pants just like GB fans are. Jordan played for a team he was part owner in. Nothing PERSONAL against the Bulls. THAT is what Brett Favre has done, he made it personal when he signed with the Vikings. Favre had NO interest is signing with another team and signed with the Jets as that was the only way GB would trade him. He wanted to go to Minny. Once he became a free agent after being released by the Jets, he played his hide and seek games and then signs.

That is basically saying those great years with Packers don't mean as much to him as getting back at the GB org. Gee that hurts, after we supported him for those many years. Even Fran Tarkenton in so many words called him a traitor. That tells you something when the Vikings most famous QB says it like it is. In my mind Favre was a great player for GB, but my opinion of him has been permanently damaged and I'll never look at him the same.

This is a grudge match between Favre and the Packers. It's gonna be interesting. Lets get ready to rumble!

Reggie might be considered an Eagle by you and Eagle fans because he played 2 more years there than in GB, big deal. 5 in GB, 7 in Philly. He actually accomplished something in GB. When they show him in pictures holding his Championship and Lombardi trophy he's in a GB Jersey. Not to mention on the hall of fame site they show him in a GB Jersey. He'll be REMEMBERED as a GB player by everybody outside of Philly.

I am not sticking up for Favre.
I have made myself clear many times on this site that I thought that he was an egomaniac and a drama queen and I was attacked for it.

I was right all along and I am right about this.

Why do you let this guy upset you?
The worst thing that you can do to him is to ignore him.
He has proven that he can't take that and he needs someone, anyone to cry for him and beg him to play.
He is an attention junkie and you are feeding his habit.

You want to get even?
Then treat him like he was just another Viking QB.
Make his decision to come back a non-factor and it will drive a steak right through his heart.

He will have done it all for nothing.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You've got it wrong again, Phil...

It's the Packer "fans" here who are the traitor...

A guy comes to their pathetic franchise and resurrects their team through blood, sweat, and tears, and they treat him like a stranger and exhibit mad manlove for a homosexual GM who traded their icon away to stroke his own ego....that, imo...is wrong.

Again..you people are agreeing with Philtration...

Packer fandom makes strange bedfellows.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comparing Brett to Michael Vick is so outrageous I'm not sure how to even respond. You're clueless. Do us a favor and go root for the Bears.
No, the vikings. Brent is in the vikings, not the bears. That's the team his fans should root for. First learn how to interpretate a text. Then get the background on the subject. Then you can make stupid claims like that.
-
Oh, and BTW, what I compared was all the lies. Did or did not Brett Favre said that he would never play for another team, even if the team wanted to trade him? That he would retire if the team thought about trading him? Did or did not say at least 3 times he was retired, only to "change his mind" and come back? You can utilize any way of euphemisms you want, I call that lies.
-
And one more thing:
Treason:
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign. 2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state. 3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery. I trusted he would not play for an arch-rival. I trusted him when he said he would never play for another team. He's a traitor without a doubt.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right

eh, give number four to a safety coming in. thats who he'll be passing to anyway. so im watching espn in my dorm room and they have clips for letterman about it and it makes my blood boil. lets see him add to his record in the dome... in losses! haha forget retiring his number he is not a true packer anymore, and after this i say never was. only ego driven.

Because TT and MM had nothing to do with Brett leaving and since he still thinks he can play, in your mind he's an egomaniac. Maybe someday, someone will force you out of your job when you don't want to leave.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because TT and MM had nothing to do with Brett leaving and since he still thinks he can play, in your mind he's an egomaniac. Maybe someday, someone will force you out of your job when you don't want to leave.
If they forced him to do something he didn't want to, he can sue them. Becuase last time I checked it was necessary approval of the person for the retirement papers to be valid. Apparently brent didn't sign those papers, it was TT...

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you never changed your mind?

No, the vikings. Brent is in the vikings, not the bears. That's the team his fans should root for. First learn how to interpretate a text. Then get the background on the subject. Then you can make stupid claims like that.
-
Oh, and BTW, what I compared was all the lies. Did or did not Brett Favre said that he would never play for another team, even if the team wanted to trade him? That he would retire if the team thought about trading him? Did or did not say at least 3 times he was retired, only to "change his mind" and come back? You can utilize any way of euphemisms you want, I call that lies.
-
And one more thing:
Treason:
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign. 2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state. 3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery. I trusted he would not play for an arch-rival. I trusted him when he said he would never play for another team. He's a traitor without a doubt.

For example, I'm sure you woke up one day and thought you had a brain in your head and if you read your poorly written, grammar challenged posts, you'd change your mind and realize that you are clueless.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For example, I'm sure you woke up one day and thought you had a brain in your head and if you read your poorly written, grammar challenged posts, you'd change your mind and realize that you are clueless.
Man, didn't your mother tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say just shut your mouth? Have no arguments so you're gonna make personal attacks? Pathetic.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, didn't your mother tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say just shut your mouth? Have no arguments so you're gonna make personal attacks? Pathetic.

I have no time for TT and MM apologists who refuse to acknowledge the fact that they have dragged down the franchise. You want to beat up Brett, fine with me, he deserves blame, but we went from one play away from the Super Bowl to an absolutely embarrassing season and you're too narrow minded to acknowledge that they are at fault. Now that's pathetic...Einstein.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no time for TT and MM apologists who refuse to acknowledge the fact that they have dragged down the franchise. You want to beat up Brett, fine with me, he deserves blame, but we went from one play away from the Super Bowl to an absolutely embarrassing season and you're too narrow minded to acknowledge that they are at fault. Now that's pathetic...Einstein.
Again, no arguments about the orignal topic??? Just personal attacks?

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eh, give number four to a safety coming in. thats who he'll be passing to anyway. so im watching espn in my dorm room and they have clips for letterman about it and it makes my blood boil. lets see him add to his record in the dome... in losses! haha forget retiring his number he is not a true packer anymore, and after this i say never was. only ego driven.

Members online

Latest posts