3rd Time at Lambeau: Pack vs. Rams 8 October!!!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey,

Just thought I'd introduce a change of topic mongst the endless pre-draft speculation. I got my order confirmation from eventusa.com and I am headed to Lambeau for the 8 October game vs. the Rams! :D

OOC, I was wondering about the tailgate for noon games at Lambeau. The two previous games I have attended were both Monday Nighters. Do you all start partying at 8 AM on Game Day, or do you tailgate after the game?

I was just wondering as most of the Pack's games are scheduled for noon this season, and up here in Canada we don't tailgate (shame that).

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrads on your trip Anubis. Hey Winnipeg is just one Province over, maybe I will just hide in your suitcase or something lol !!

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys. :)

The last two times I have been, the Pack lost. I am really hoping the third time's a charm. 8)

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They start to tailgate very early...I think ( someone will confirm this I am sure) that the parking lots open up 3 hours before kick off..

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
They start to tailgate very early...I think ( someone will confirm this I am sure) that the parking lots open up 3 hours before kick off..
Last year I was at the Steelers/Packers game and we arrived to the parking area around 10am... things were already started up and going strong. That game was in November (cold and wet), I'm sure with the Rams game being a month earlier will mean nicer temperatures, etc. as well as earlier tailgating.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends also if you are actually IN the Lambeau lot. Alot of tailgating goes on in surrounding parking lots too.
I FINALLY got to see a Packer win last year, my first regular season win. It was the 52-3 Saints game, and i got to see the last game (Seattle) win too! I hope you get to see a WIN! It's ALOT more fun that way!
CONGRATS on the tickets!!!

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
It depends also if you are actually IN the Lambeau lot. Alot of tailgating goes on in surrounding parking lots too.
I FINALLY got to see a Packer win last year, my first regular season win. It was the 52-3 Saints game, and i got to see the last game (Seattle) win too! I hope you get to see a WIN! It's ALOT more fun that way!

How long did it take you until you saw a win cheesey?

Sterling

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on your tickets! I will go out on a limb and say "You will see a victory." you cant take that to the bank. (I hope no one cuts that limb off closer to the trunk)
If you want to tailgate in the lot, I would recommend you get there at 8 a.m. The parking lot opens four hours before the kickoff and the non-reserved (If there are any) spaces fill quickly.
There is a lot across the street from Lambeau on the southeast corner that is convenient, is privately-owned and about the same price or maybe $5 cheaper than the Lambeau lot. I believe you can also tailgate there. It is a large corner lot and holds a lot of cars. We parked there once.
Enjoy your Lambeau experience. And the third time has to be a charm.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz said:
cheesey said:

How long did it take you until you saw a win cheesey?

Well.......my VERY first Packer game was a 1970 preseason game at Milwaukee County Stadium, against the Bears. Ended in a 6-6 tie. I went to a preseason game at Lambeau in i believe 1983, against Cleveland, they lost. Preseason against the Raiders, they lost, the NFC championship game in Dallas......they lost. Two year ago, my FIRST ever REAL game at Lambeau,........the Monday night game against the Titans........they got CREAMED! Then this last year, i got to see both preseason games at lambeau (the first WIN i ever saw) and i got to go to 3 regular season games. The Bear loss, the saints and Seahawk wins! FINALLY got to see some WINS in person!

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lambeau Lot opens 4 hours before the game but people start lining up on Oneida a good 30 minutes to an hour earlier. Line starts in the SE corner so you would want to be heading north on Oneida, Oneida is blocked off on game day so you can't drive through.

However, the Lambeau Lot is sold out to season ticket parking passes. But... they usually reserve up to 200 spaces for drive-ups so if you're there early you can get a pass. Get in line and go to the gate and ask the parking attendants about purchasing a pass to get in.

This is, of course, assuming you're driving in and planning to tailgate in Lambeau proper. Many of the houses with lawn parking allow tailgating in the yard and many of them are open for parking early.

If you're on a budget, there is a park south of Lambeau that is one block away. If you get there early you can park on the street for free and tailgate in the park. They usually have a porta-potty in the park.

I can give you many more options and suggestions depending on what the details of your situation is (for all I know you may just be walking over from the hotel). Lambeau will be dead until they open the gate but they will be going strong over at K-Mart to the west because they open earlier. They have people park overnight at K-Mart.

Sterling

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope Anubis has better luck than Cheesey! I will be at that game too and I want to see a win. There were enough losses last year to last a long, long, long time. We can only hope that MM can recreate the Lambeau Mystique and make life miserable for opposing teams as MH did.
I'm reserving judgement until I see his team in action.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you guys have better luck then i did too! I waited a LOOOOONG time to see a win, then they came in bunches!
Me......i'm always on a tight budget. I park in the "Ashwaubenon" city lot, which is on Holmgren Way. It's kind of a long walk, but it's only 5 bucks to park, and they have an indoor bathroom you can use. If you try to get close to Lambeau, it will cost usually 20 to 25 bucks to park.
Last year, i won 2 tickets to the Saints game, and drove to Green Bay for the last 2 games and got a ticket for $45 each game. I KNOW it was because they did so bad last year that i was able to get them that cheap.

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Two year ago, my FIRST ever REAL game at Lambeau,........the Monday night game against the Titans........they got CREAMED!

That was my first as well. Lambeau was half-empty by the end of the 3rd Quarter.

cheesey said:
Then this last year, i got to see both preseason games at lambeau (the first WIN i ever saw) and i got to go to 3 regular season games. The Bear loss, the saints and Seahawk wins! FINALLY got to see some WINS in person!

I saw the 21 November Monday Nighter against the Queens. The Pack lost by a field goal. What a heartbreaker.

On another note, I was also wondering if you knew what time the tailgate party at Favre's Steakhouse starts at... I went there the last two times I was in Green Bay and my buddy may want to go to that one this time.

Thanks for all the info, guys. :wink:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah when I went up I parked in some small lot by some Car Garage or something. You could use the bathroom inside. It was about a 5 minute walk to the stadium but turned into 20 because I had to get a few Brats. I have been there twice and I always see the cop with the big handlebar mustache.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I park in the "Ashwaubenon" city lot, which is on Holmgren Way. It's kind of a long walk, but it's only 5 bucks to park, and they have an indoor bathroom you can use.

You can park closer on the side streets for free, but if you're tailgating $5 is a bargain. Can't tailgate much on the street. Lambeau Field has indoor bathrooms available before the game, they just lock and unlock certain doors to certain bathrooms so they're avalable for folks on the outside.

Reaction score
You could try Fuzzy Thurstons tailgate in the shadow of LF (it even moves indoors in bad weather)

Fuzzy is generally there and a lot of the time other former players.

Its a great place to meet and mingle too !!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everytime we've gone to a game, we park in the kmart parking lot. of course, we always take my parents 36 foot motorhome & don't have to worry about where to go potty. :wink: as i recall, we take up 3-4 spaces & i think it only cost like $20.
the last game i went to, my dad & i stayed at the roadstar inn & just tailgated right in their parking lot.
rest assured, if you're within a block or two of lambeau, you'll have tons of fun!!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
On another note, I was also wondering if you knew what time the tailgate party at Favre's Steakhouse starts at... I went there the last two times I was in Green Bay and my buddy may want to go to that one this time.

Thanks for all the info, guys. :wink:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

It starts at 9 for noon games. This is where I always tailgate. It'll also be hopping by around 9:30`

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only game was last year's Saints game, and the tailgate party at Brett's Steakhouse was phenominal!!! Maybe I can go back in another 36 years. :cry:

And as I was carrying my final tailgating beer with me over to Lambeau, on the sidewalks I kept seeing these signs that said "no alchohol on the sidewalks"....needless to say, I wasn't the only one NOT heeding those words. That day will live with me forever.

Members online

Latest posts