1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

3rd Quarter Let Down

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dmelby, Oct 9, 2006.

1. dmelby

dmelby Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What's going on at half time in the Packer locker room. Every game I've watched, the Pack seems to come out flat in the 3rd quarter right after half time. Are they taking naps, sitting in the hot tub, playing Madden?? First half the last two weeks they looked like a team on a mission, third quarter - absolutely opposite.
  2. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'm sure that's what they're doing - naps, hot tub, and Madden.
  3. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what ever it is their doing the coaches need to do something about it. we arnt going to win games playing like that in the 3rd quater.
  4. IGHPack

IGHPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the coaches sneak across the street to the local pub based on how much they adjust for the second half.
  5. IGHPack

IGHPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the coaches sneak across the street to the local pub based on how much they adjust for the second half.
  6. BearPerspective

BearPerspective Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think what happens is that the other team makes adjustments, and the coaches tell Favre to "gunsling" up another victory.
  7. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    maybe there taking the players with them
  8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey IGH, I gotta share your sig with my dad, he'd love it! :lol: :thumbsup:

dmelby, I'd say that in the 3rd quarter, the other team comes out and executes better. Philly stopped fumbling, and the Rams didn't take stupid penalties anymore. Thus their sloppy play improved, and gave the perception that the Packers failed to make halftime adjustments.

In reality, the better execution of other teams led to the Packers roster being shown for what it really is: young, inexperienced, and not having the greatest talent in the NFL.

That's me two cents anyway. :)
  9. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Agreed! Other teams make adjustments and possibly realize that they can not just show up and get a W. Thus they play closer to their norm after halftime. The Packers do not in me eyes show a significant drop in the 2nd half, rather they are more exposed by better execution of their opponent.
  10. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i mentioned that in another post concerning last year's team. And was promptly shouted down. It seemed even then that teams would come out and march down the field against us -- particularly running the ball. It used to be that we could score just going into the half, come out of the locker room and drive the field to score and make a quick 14 point turnaround and put the game out of reach. I think it comes down to the other teams taking a breather and seeing what we have offered defensively and exploiting it. Then, once our young team sees their lead slip away or getting out of control, they lose a little confidence. What they need is to actually make a big comeback to know that they can make it all the way back and believe in themselves.