3rd Quarter Let Down

dmelby

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's going on at half time in the Packer locker room. Every game I've watched, the Pack seems to come out flat in the 3rd quarter right after half time. Are they taking naps, sitting in the hot tub, playing Madden?? First half the last two weeks they looked like a team on a mission, third quarter - absolutely opposite.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what ever it is their doing the coaches need to do something about it. we arnt going to win games playing like that in the 3rd quater.

IGHPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
what ever it is their doing the coaches need to do something about it. we arnt going to win games playing like that in the 3rd quater.

I think the coaches sneak across the street to the local pub based on how much they adjust for the second half.

IGHPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:

I think the coaches sneak across the street to the local pub based on how much they adjust for the second half.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what happens is that the other team makes adjustments, and the coaches tell Favre to "gunsling" up another victory.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score

maybe there taking the players with them

Reaction score
Hey IGH, I gotta share your sig with my dad, he'd love it! :lol: :thumbsup:

dmelby, I'd say that in the 3rd quarter, the other team comes out and executes better. Philly stopped fumbling, and the Rams didn't take stupid penalties anymore. Thus their sloppy play improved, and gave the perception that the Packers failed to make halftime adjustments.

In reality, the better execution of other teams led to the Packers roster being shown for what it really is: young, inexperienced, and not having the greatest talent in the NFL.

That's me two cents anyway. :)

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Hey IGH, I gotta share your sig with my dad, he'd love it! :lol: :thumbsup:

dmelby, I'd say that in the 3rd quarter, the other team comes out and executes better. Philly stopped fumbling, and the Rams didn't take stupid penalties anymore. Thus their sloppy play improved, and gave the perception that the Packers failed to make halftime adjustments.

In reality, the better execution of other teams led to the Packers roster being shown for what it really is: young, inexperienced, and not having the greatest talent in the NFL.

That's me two cents anyway. :)

Agreed! Other teams make adjustments and possibly realize that they can not just show up and get a W. Thus they play closer to their norm after halftime. The Packers do not in me eyes show a significant drop in the 2nd half, rather they are more exposed by better execution of their opponent.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i mentioned that in another post concerning last year's team. And was promptly shouted down. It seemed even then that teams would come out and march down the field against us -- particularly running the ball. It used to be that we could score just going into the half, come out of the locker room and drive the field to score and make a quick 14 point turnaround and put the game out of reach. I think it comes down to the other teams taking a breather and seeing what we have offered defensively and exploiting it. Then, once our young team sees their lead slip away or getting out of control, they lose a little confidence. What they need is to actually make a big comeback to know that they can make it all the way back and believe in themselves.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts