3rd and 19= 4th and 26

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion no matter how ****** we played, this was the play of the game. We had them pinned back with no where to go at their own 3 yard line, and AL Harris decided he didnt want to cover anyone.

That was in my opinion the BIGGEST play of the game! We were trailing by 3 at that point, instead of good field position with a punt, they drove 97 yards for a touchdown to put a knife in our heart!

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was one of many disapointments. Unlike 4th and 26 though we weren't knocked out of the playoffs tonight. We've got to stop giving up big plays.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Also, Harris' early pick/fumble recovery non-call was a huge early momentum shifter.
Thats just ONE more in a laundry list of horrible calls by the refs against us this year. The ref ON THE FRONT side of the play, with the BEST VIEW said it was OUR BALL> The guy behind, that couldn't even SEE the play over ruled him.
Can we all say........."payola???"

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this were a playoff game, I'd agree with the 3rd and 19 = 4th and 26 analogy. Our secondary has the tendency to give up huge plays and get big penalties this season. That's something that needs to be worked on before the playoffs.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion no matter how ****** we played, this was the play of the game. We had them pinned back with no where to go at their own 3 yard line, and AL Harris decided he didnt want to cover anyone.

That was in my opinion the BIGGEST play of the game! We were trailing by 3 at that point, instead of good field position with a punt, they drove 97 yards for a touchdown to put a knife in our heart!

What's wrong with bringing a blitz in that situation and forcing the hot read. Jesus H, does anyone think a guy like Jimmy Johnson in Philly would ever let a play like that happen. I'm with you Brennan, but that play wasn't on Harris, look to the DC for blame there.

For as bad as the D played tonight, we still had a shot in this game.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
!

It wasn't that Harris didn't want to cover anyone, it was they caught us in a zone look.. Harris had outside short contain, Bigby was responsible for the outside zone and he was out of position by hedging towards the middle and Witten.

That was one of many big moments.. the lack of a drive after the turnover in the endzone and the 4th and 1.

All in all... proud of the teams effort and we may see them again with all the bullets in the gun.. not the end of the season or anything.

Am I disappointed with the stakes on line.. yep, but we can play with them and a little better coverage and communication in the secondary and the results may be different.

We got to get more pressure on Romo next time.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Kampman seemed to be reaching him a lot better in the second half. Not soon enough, but atleast he was able to finally break through a bit.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

Kampman seemed to be reaching him a lot better in the second half. Not soon enough, but atleast he was able to finally break through a bit.

YEs Kampy started to get pressure as the day game wore on... but we got zero pressure up the middle and Jenkins got very little on the other end.. is KGB that vital to the pass rush?

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it, the pass defense was horrible tonight. There was no pass rush. It looked like Ahmad Carroll was cloned several times and they were all playing in the Packer secondary. Al Harris lost his status as a shutdown corner, T.O. and the rest of the Cowboy receivers turned him inside out. He looked confused, old, and slow out there...kind of like Sharper during his last couple of seasons with the Pack. Hopefully he and the rest of the guys can rebound.

The loss of Woodson and KGB had something to do with it, of course, but Cowboy receivers should not have been that wide open all night. They need to fix the problem fast if they hope to have a chance to reach the Super Bowl.

And what's up with Favre going for the bomb over and over again in the first quarter? He was throwing deep into double coverage, resulting in turnovers and third-down failures that put the Pack in a big hole early.

On the plus side, the run defense was respectable, but part of that may be attributed to the fact that the Cowboys were able to pass so easily that they didn't need to run.

Ryan Grant played well when he had opportunities. And Aaron Rodgers was the most pleasant surprise of the evening. The Pack was still in the game in the 4th quarter. So there are some positives to take from this game. The Cowboys are beatable, but it's going to take a lot smarter planning and better effort next time. I happen to believe the Pack can do it.

10-2 is a great place to be, so this isn't the end of civilization for us cheese heads. They just need to keep winning to get a first-round bye in the playoffs.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why they didn't drop Harris deep along with everyone else is beyond me. They should've been in a prevent type mold. Let Dallas catch it underneath and tackle him 5 or 7 yards short.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brennan1884 said:
!

It wasn't that Harris didn't want to cover anyone, it was they caught us in a zone look.. Harris had outside short contain, Bigby was responsible for the outside zone and he was out of position by hedging towards the middle and Witten.

That was one of many big moments.. the lack of a drive after the turnover in the endzone and the 4th and 1.

All in all... proud of the teams effort and we may see them again with all the bullets in the gun.. not the end of the season or anything.

Am I disappointed with the stakes on line.. yep, but we can play with them and a little better coverage and communication in the secondary and the results may be different.

Good point. I don't know how people can watch so much football and not understand basic defenses. That play was on Bigby.

The TD over the outstretched Bush was also against an under zone D. Bush had the under, and Bigby had the over, but he was way too far inside by the receiver along the hash.

It was a very disappointing game for Bigby. He was horrendous executing his responsibilities in the zone scheme we were playing for some ****ing reason.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think KGB is a big part of the pass D. We still may not have gotten any more sacks with him in, but maybe gotten a few more rushed and hurried passes. Hopefully he'll be good to go next week. We need another shutout.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why don't we just replace Bigby with Rouse. Rouse and Collins would make a great tandem. I had enough of Bigby, he's nothing more than a depth chart filler.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
Why don't we just replace Bigby with Rouse. Rouse and Collins would make a great tandem. I had enough of Bigby, he's nothing more than a depth chart filler.

When Rouse gets healthy, it may happen. I can't imagine it will pretty for Bigby when they watch the film from this game.

Actually, they didn't score on that drive. They did drive all the way down to the five only to have a wide open TO -- against another freakin zone -- bat the pass right to Harris.

The 3rd and 19 was still a huge play because we had all of the momentum at that point, and likely would have had the ball around midfield. We had put together TD drives of 74 and 69 yards the previous two times we had the ball, and Rodgers was completing everything.

NJPackFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All I know is that the defense is going to take this personally and Oakland is in for a surprise if they think they can play a good game and beat us. At this point, the D should feel embarrassed and they will come out ready to shut teams down. Hawk played great tonight as well as Kampman(later in the game) and Ryan Pickett played amazing.

If we had KGB, Woodson, and a healthy Favre for the entire game, I think we'd be looking at a reverse of scores. The cowboys had more to lose tonight than the pack. Them coming into Lambeau in January is totally different than us going there. I have faith in this team, fully expect them to run their schedule and I plan on seeing this game again in the same place with hopefully a different result.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that was definitely a momentum changer. Still, I think it's important to realizer our defense wasn't at full strength tonight, and as Dakota said, we still were well within striking distance of winning this game.

The important thing is to come out in 10 days and take it to the Raiders. I think getting back to Lambeau after a tough 3 games in 12 days (after a 10 day respit) will be good for this team.

I don't think you could've asked for a much better stretch in November. 4-1 with our only loss to a pretty good Dallas team on the road that we had a decent shot to win.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a very disappointing game for Bigby. He was horrendous executing his responsibilities in the zone scheme we were playing for some ****ing reason.

And that's why he was on the practice squad for a couple years...

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins at least had the excuse of being rusty after being out a few weeks. and maybe the knee wasnt perfect who knows.

The thing is Collins and Rouse play the same position. However... you gotta think that Collins and Rouse might be starting next week no matter what.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason we gave up BIG plays is because we had to change philosphy's we couldn't Man up without Woodson so we zoned up and when you zone up that causes holes. The injuries not only put players that can't handle positions out there but it changed our scheme. The rest of the year alls we did was man to man coverage bump and runs and what not which makes it harder to give up these big plays.

At some points I can even remember us dropping into Cover 2 Defenses and giving up HUGE plays. We aren't used to playing Cover Zone defenses.

As far as the play goes. This one changed the game. We could have easily marched from around the 50 yard line and took the lead. After AJ and Nick's HUGE tackles you could feel the momentum change but then the big play killed IMO our chances of winning the game. It wont happen when we get Rouse and Woodson in the secondary as well as KGB on the line.

Members online

Latest posts