3 veteran QBs to work out with Packers

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
By Pete Dougherty
[email protected]

The Green Bay Packers scheduled workouts with three veteran quarterbacks Monday night and likely will sign one of them to replace injured backup Aaron Rodgers, an NFL source said.

Two of the quarterbacks played for coach Mike McCarthy when he was the New Orleans Saints’ offensive coordinator: J.T. O’Sullivan, who also played for the Packers in 2004; and Todd Bouman, who played for McCarthy with the Saints in 2003 and ’04.

The other quarterback is former Denver backup Bradlee Van Pelt, who was cut by the Broncos at the end of training camp.

O’Sullivan, 27, was on New England’s practice squad for a month but was cut in October. He played for McCarthy in 2002 and ’03. Bouman played for the Saints from 2003 until getting cut at the end of training camp this year.

O’Sullivan and Bouman would appear to have a better shot at getting signed because they’ll be familiar with the language in McCarthy’s offense, and McCarthy also will know their strengths and weaknesses. Van Pelt has no obvious connection with McCarthy.

Bouman has by far the most playing experience of the three — the ninth-year pro has started six NFL games, appeared in 42, and thrown 230 passes.

Van Pelt was a seventh-round draft pick in 2004 who spent his rookie season on the Broncos’ practice squad and was their backup last year.

J.T. O'Sullivan? Isn't he the dude we got in that Mike McKenzie trade?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Van Pelt has been looking for a job all season perhaps he has knowledge of the zone blocking scheme from denver and can fill in on the OL!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if the Packers just changed the offence, and forgot about bringing in an out of work Q.B.

If Brett's groin gets worse in practice this week, we could have him sit in a wheel chair and have Morency back peddle him back in that wheel chair after he takes the snap in a shotgun formation.

I checked. There is no N.F.L. rule that says Wheel Chair's are prohibited on the field of play. If the Seahwaks complain we call in the A.C.L.U and they will handle it.

Now... This has several advantages... The Seahawks Defence is less likely to put another hit on a future hall of famer who is in a wheel chair.

Morency has great back peddling stregth, and Brett knows the routes his recievers are running so looking over the line is not a challenge.

Brett could like be Doug Flutie for a game with out the running ability.

Here is a play for the new offense. Morency, could hand off Brett and his wheel chair, to Green, so he could push him for a draw play up the Middle.

I think I am on to something here.

Forget about bringing in wasted talent and has been's.

Brett in a Wheel Chair would make great Monday Night Magic.

R.P.

Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
What if the Packers just changed the offence, and forgot about bringing in an out of work Q.B.

If Brett's groin gets worse in practice this week, we could have him sit in a wheel chair and have Morency back peddle him back in that wheel chair after he takes the snap in a shotgun formation.

I checked. There is no N.F.L. rule that says Wheel Chair's are prohibited on the field of play. If the Seahwaks complain we call in the A.C.L.U and they will handle it.

Now... This has several advantages... The Seahawks Defence is less likely to put another hit on a future hall of famer who is in a wheel chair.

Morency has great back peddling stregth, and Brett knows the routes his recievers are running so looking over the line is not a challenge.

Here is a play for the new offense. Morency, could hand off Brett and his wheel chair, to Green, so he could push him for a draw play up the Middle.

R.P.

BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

*****, RP that was hilarious. :rotflmao:

But you bring up a good point: Brett on a wheel chair > any backup we can get at the moment.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

HAHAHA, that is awsome, I love that idea, lets do it!

R.P.