3 Picks???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wasnt 1 thrown into triple coverage? I believe thats what Zero said when I asked him for the short version, cuz i missed it originally.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
TOPackerFan said:
2 hit Green in the hands and he tipped them right to a Lions defender.

1st one was OVER greens head and behind..Green had to JUMP and reach behind him to tip it..

It was a bit high, but it certainly wasn't behind him. It was thrown in front of him.

maybe not WAY behind, but it was behind...cuz I saw the replay of it from the endzone and you could see Greens arm sort of go up and TRAIL his body..

That was same one where one of the announcers clearly said Brett threw a bad pass.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wasnt 1 thrown into triple coverage? I believe thats what Zero said when I asked him for the short version, cuz i missed it originally.

Not sure of the one I am thinking off was int...The one I am thinking of is 3 detroit defenders and one Packer , not sure who it was tho..

it was a throw that didnt make sense

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The O line had a bad day, none of the WR's apart from Driver showed up, the TE component was absent outside pass protection, perfectly thrown passes were dropped (2 ints going off the hands of the intended receiver), the running game couldnt get much going against one of the worst and most banged up D lines (untill that last drive).

We're lucky it was only 3 picks and we're even more lucky we were playing the Lions.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First 2 Brett does have to take the blame for though

Yep but the sad part is people will still look to make excuses for them. Green did have his one big drop but the other one to him was very high. The other throw was a forced pass with 3 Lions surrounding the TE. We can have Jerry Rice and Tim Brown at WR but if he's making bad reads it won't matter. With that said we won even though Favre played bad. That's actually a huge plus for this teams future IMO.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

Yep but the sad part is people will still look to make excuses for them. Green did have his one big drop but the other one to him was very high. The other throw was a forced pass with 3 Lions surrounding the TE. We can have Jerry Rice and Tim Brown at WR but if he's making bad reads it won't matter. With that said we won even though Favre played bad. That's actually a huge plus for this teams future IMO.

You can also look at it like Favre had a bad day because of the poor play of the team around him...

Dropped passes...Poor O-Line play, etc..

I guess it's all in how you look at it, eh?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

You can also look at it like Favre had a bad day because of the poor play of the team around him...

The O-line played pretty good today. They gave him time and he made some bad throws. If anything the poor play came from Favre and the TE's. The TE's were dropping passes left and right and Favre was making some bad throws. He's lucky to have only 3 INT's this game. The Lions dropped at least 2. It could've been worse.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Uh huh..

I vehemently disagree with your analysis, fellah...

It takes a team effort and an offense has to develop a rhythym...especially between the QB and the receivers...also in the running game.

I saw no evidence of that...so, imo...if the whole team isn't playing good...it's tough for the QB to play good...

Although Favre wasn't too terrible today...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

I'd put more blame on the TE than anyone for Brett's bad day. He made some bad throws, but I think every QB makes a few here an there in a game.

I think the OL did a fair job today. They did have some stupid penalities though.

Again, TE was the main jerk this time I think. Or maybe I'm jus bitter at the easy catchs they dropped.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Uh huh..

I vehemently disagree with your analysis, fellah...

It takes a team effort and an offense has to develop a rhythym...especially between the QB and the receivers...also in the running game.

I saw no evidence of that...so, imo...if the whole team isn't playing good...it's tough for the QB to play good...

Although Favre wasn't too terrible today...

I agree it takes a team effort and I'm criticizing Farve because he's part of the team. I'm not going to sugarcoat it for him. Brett Favre played bad today. It's as simple as that. If the offensive line plays bad then by your logic Brett Favre deserves blame for that way as well. It's a Team Effort right?

We can't blame Favre for his mistakes. We have to sugarcoat it and put the attention on other players. However if someone else makes a mistake he needs to be singled out? It's ridiculous.

Favre is not perfect. He was playing great early on in the season. Today he played bad. He knows he played bad as well. He stated in his press conference. “It was good to win but I’m worried about the 3 passes I completed to the other team.”

He played good against the 49ers. Not good this week. Favre had some dropped passes. No doubt but some were dropped by Lions defenders as well. Hopefully he bounces back next week against the Vikings and we win again.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IMO..he doesn't have much to work with...

As another poster stated, if those 2 drops in the endzone were caught by Packer receivers, then the 2 picks are erased, and it's not such a bad day...

You have to admit that Favre doesn't have near the talent at WR that Peyton Manning has, or Carson Palmer, Tony Romo..etc..etc..

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One bad pass to Ahman Green that he couldn't catch.

One pass thrown into triple coverage.

The other one was Green's fault because he has butter fingers.

That said we need better TE's pronto. I can't wait till next year when Koren is back.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..

But I guess if we look on the bright side...

We won..

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..

But I guess if we look on the bright side...

We won..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

As another poster stated, if those 2 drops in the endzone were caught by Packer receivers, then the 2 picks are erased, and it's not such a bad day...

You have to admit that Favre doesn't have near the talent at WR that Peyton Manning has, or Carson Palmer, Tony Romo..etc..etc..

Like I said before. He could of been throwing to Tim Brown or Jerry Rice instead of David Martin in the end zone or Barry Sanders on the check down instead of Green and those throws are still going to get Intercepted because they are poorly thrown balls. He’s not going to play perfect. Nobody does. Today he had a bad game. Earlier in the year when we played the Lions he was a definite reason why we won. Today the Defense bailed him out. Actually today was a bizarre game. Usually it's the other way around.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
longtimefan said:
TOPackerFan said:

1st one was OVER greens head and behind..Green had to JUMP and reach behind him to tip it..

It was a bit high, but it certainly wasn't behind him. It was thrown in front of him.

maybe not WAY behind, but it was behind...cuz I saw the replay of it from the endzone and you could see Greens arm sort of go up and TRAIL his body..

That was same one where one of the announcers clearly said Brett threw a bad pass.

Everyone boasts constantly about how Ahman Green is one of the best pass catching running backs. I allways disagreed. Now you know why. Bryan Westbrook would have made that catch which was "behind" Green. I do agree that it was a bad pass because any pass in traffic to Green is a bad pass. The guy has butterfingers and should only be thrown screen passes when no defender is in sight.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
TOPackerFan said:

Just watched the game while cutting out the commercials.

The pass was high, very high, ahman left the ground to touch it with his right hand. It was not behind him. I was mistaken when I said that. It was a bad pass by Brett.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Of course he doesnt have those types...

Goood gawd...

The issue is not how talented they are or arent the issue that was mentioned is this....

Brett threw a ball INTO TRIPLE coverage...That has NOTHING to do with how talented the wr are...

does that make sens enow?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
longtimefan said:
TOPackerFan said:

Just watched the game while cutting out the commercials. It was behind him. he reached backwards an up with his left hand. A bit high is an understatement.

Just like I said :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts