3 Picks???

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'll be fair. One was high to Green but the last one was right in his hands. There would be 2 less though if our TE's could catch cause we would of scored td's before the pick play

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
He needs some more (better) receivers..

Why do you say that? It wasn't the receivers who dropped the ball, apparently it was Ahman Green.

Besides, Nobody complains about the Pack's receivers when they come up big and the Packers win. Of course, Favre gets all the credit for those wins. He deserves a good amount of it, but I think Driver and Jennings are two of the best in the league. Driver has proven it this year (again). Jennings has shown flashes.. but harassed a bit by his ankle injury.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or maybe a tight end who knows how to catch. Brett has played fine today. Its such a shame that his teammates suck so bad. Cant wait for Trom to call for his retirement papers. Anyone who watched this game knows the tight ends and Green have dropped balls all day and caused 2 of the 3 picks.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
He needs some more (better) receivers..

Why do you say that? It wasn't the receivers who dropped the ball, apparently it was Ahman Green.

Besides, Nobody complains about the Pack's receivers when they come up big and the Packers win. Of course, Favre gets all the credit for those wins. He deserves a good amount of it, but I think Driver and Jennings are two of the best in the league. Driver has proven it this year (again). Jennings has shown flashes.. but harassed a bit by his ankle injury.

Dude are you kidding me?? They never come up big. A receiver runs a route, the ball comes to him and he catches it. Thats not coming up big, thats just doing your job. All 4 tight ends need to be cut after the season and start over with that position.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess if we're talking about tight ends, I can't disagree. I'm not seeing the game, but I do know our tight ends sometimes seem like a mishmash of whoever they can get in there. Sometimes they come up big, but often they drop balls and who knows, might not even be running the right routes.

I still hear names "pass intended for ___" and I think, "who's that?"

LOL

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This year I wanted TT to pick up a savvy vet like

Moulds, Keyshawn, or Stallworth....

Someone who could take the pressure off of Driver while Jennings develops. But, it didn't happen. I don't know if TT believes in that kind of thing.

But I think you could see where a savvy veteran who can move the chains or stretch the field would be of great help this year...

:rubeyes:

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude are you kidding me?? They never come up big. A receiver runs a route, the ball comes to him and he catches it. Thats not coming up big, thats just doing your job. All 4 tight ends need to be cut after the season and start over with that position.

You said receivers.. Driver has come up big all season. Jennings has also on some key plays. But I get it, if you're talking about TEs, okay..

But about making catches, sometimes they are great plays. You could say "just doing their job" about anybody. You could say that about a kicker when he nails a 50-yarder, or Brett when he makes a great pass. What's the difference.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess if we're talking about tight ends, I can't disagree. I'm not seeing the game, but I do know our tight ends sometimes seem like a mishmash of whoever they can get in there. Sometimes they come up big, but often they drop balls and who knows, might not even be running the right routes.

I still hear names "pass intended for ___" and I think, "who's that?"

LOL

Lucky for you you're not seeing the game. Its awful. Seriously, the tight ends have dropped like 5 or 6 easily catchable balls. And like 4 of them were when they were wide open and the ball hit them right between the numbers. Its awful. One touchdown dropped. Two balls right between the numbers dropped at the 1 yard line on different occasions which would have been a first downs. Brett has played very good today and yet people will look at the stat box and say he should retire.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's easy to generalize by saying our receivers can't catch but just cause our TE's are a shame don't disrespect a guy like DD who is posibly ourt team MVP. To say all a receiver has to do is catch and can't come up big is shallow. If it were that easy all WR's would be equal but it's about route running and YAC also. That's what seperates guys like DD who deserve their credit

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:

You said receivers.. Driver has come up big all season. Jennings has also on some key plays. But I get it, if you're talking about TEs, okay..

But about making catches, sometimes they are great plays. You could say "just doing their job" about anybody. You could say that about a kicker when he nails a 50-yarder, or Brett when he makes a great pass. What's the difference.

The difference is that our receivers/tight ends usually get no seperation from the defenders and the pass has to be almost perfect for it to be complete. Peyton Manning and Brady is throwing to guys who are very often times wide open. I rarely see that on this packer team

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lucky for you you're not seeing the game. Its awful. Seriously, the tight ends have dropped like 5 or 6 easily catchable balls. And like 4 of them were when they were wide open and the ball hit them right between the numbers. Its awful. One touchdown dropped. Two balls right between the numbers dropped at the 1 yard line on different occasions which would have been a first downs. Brett has played very good today and yet people will look at the stat box and say he should retire.

I won't say that (about retiring). I'm kind of glad I'm not watching, I'd be frustrated. Sounds like they are driving right now, though. Go pack.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 hit Green in the hands and he tipped them right to a Lions defender.

And our TE's dropped 2 TD's, right in their hands. I guess you're not supposed to hit a TE in the hands.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

And our TE's dropped 2 TD's, right in their hands. I guess you're not supposed to hit a TE in the hands.

I'd like to punch them in the mouth. Does that count?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
TOPackerFan said:

I'd like to punch them in the mouth. Does that count?

If it teaches them to hold on to the football, then please, be my guest.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

1st one was OVER greens head and behind..Green had to JUMP and reach behind him to tip it..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts