3 INT, is that respectable against the Bucs???

packer98

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you blame OL, Rodgers or others???? Maybe no one if TB is that good?
Thoughts

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I blame everyone. Aaron sould've read all the blitz packages...but the O-line gets a lot of the blame for not doing their job...forcing Aaron to throw errantly....especially that last pick.

Tampa's ALWAYS had a good D...but still...we COULD'VE...and SHOULD'VE won this game today.

It's not really panic time YET...we're 2-2...not great...but not horrible. We've played two really good teams....but we need work..and LOTS of it! What really needs to happen is Grant stepping up and getting back to his form from last year. Otherwise, that money we spent on him goes to waste.

The Defense got wore out. They dont' close games out. That's what's killed us this last two weeks.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Lack of a running game has been key. Defense had a heck of a second half but we must start controlling the clock on offense.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron did as well as he could despite getting rushed at times. 2 picks weren't good...and I can't really blame him too much for the last. He was rushed into that throw, and got drilled as he threw it. The O-Line NEEDS to protect him more. The running game is our achille's heel right now, and the O-Line could use some work too. Still...we're still in the thick of things...so no reason to panic as yet. We really need to avoid injuries too....it's been rampant throughout the NFL this year.

But hey...on the bright side....Minnesota lost too.

GBPacker Fan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bucs do have a good D, but 3 INT's is a little much. The pack has a lot of work to do, I thought rodgers was a solid replacement for favre but now i am seeing that he is kind of off and on, lately more off. Its not all of his fault the offensive line has to tighten up and protect him so he can make good passes. Rodgers just needs to learn how to deal with the pressure and keep a level head once he does that I think we will win most games. Not to mention that defense is struggling having bigby and harris out, good thing woodson is still somewhat healthy. Overall I think the defense did an outstanding job with what they had they put more points on the board than the offense did and for that they did a good job. 2-2 isn't terrible but some changes need to be made immediately so we can have a decent season overall. Go Pack:-D

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...we ran into the buzzsaw called Dallas. Mind you...McCarthy has chosen more pass plays in our offense than running the football. The lack of a balanced attack has allowed for better teams like Dallas and Tampa to manhandle our offense. We're relying too much on Rodgers to carry the team, instead of HELPING him. If we had a decent running game, Aaron can better manage the game I think. We knew he was gonna get knocked around, we knew he was gonna make some mistakes. Better now than down the stretch when we're closer to the playoffs. I know we can turn it around, but it all predicates on whether or not we can get Ryan Grant going.

Is Brandon Jackson hurt, and we're not using him? He was good for stretches when we needed to run, but didn't see him the last couple weeks

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, a 3-4 turnover game is about par for the Packers vs. Tampa Bay and this is hardly the first time we've had this kind of game with them. See my post elsewhere on Defenses We Have to Learn to Beat.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan4 said:

Is Brandon Jackson hurt, and we're not using him? He was good for stretches when we needed to run, but didn't see him the last couple weeks

I was wondering the same thing. He blew the short pass that was picked off early in the game and then disapeared. With Grant's poor performance I would have thought Jackson would play more.

DonnieCash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Defense is playing good. The run game has been a bit questionable. But the Defense is the only thing that kept us in this game. The problem is they get worn out from playing the whole game. Offense needs a lot of work. The O line is still having issues. And we have no running game at all.

That needs to change.

Crweems11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I put most of the blame on the o-line. When they're hot, Rodgers is great. Sure our running game isn't that great but if the line would give Aaron some time he can make alot of things happen.
The fact that our D is falling apart doesn't help much either. If these backups don't step up it is going to be a looong season!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to say O-line, however, the Favre fan in me wonders if perhaps this o-line was made to look better because of Favre or at least because of Favre's experience.... I still think its the O-line's fault.

Members online

Latest posts