3-4 DE or 3-4 OLB

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His agent is a genius. He's got fans trading up into the middle of the first to pick him up and get their GM's fired.

I know- I was suggesting that FrankRizzo was actually Magus' agent. Ha, ha. Do I really have to use a smiley face?

P.S. I don't think Magus is good value in the first round but there's potential there.

Reaction score
Best One Available.
1st round picks don't cost as much as they used to...
Can't go wrong having 3 to 4 pretty good OLBs.
A good Interior guy would be nice to have as well.

Cheddar17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DE is a higher priority than OLB right now. We need a powerful run stopper on the line to deal with AP. TT will always go for the BAP, though. It all depends on who is left at 26.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I know- I was suggesting that FrankRizzo was actually Magus' agent. Ha, ha. Do I really have to use a smiley face?

P.S. I don't think Magus is good value in the first round but there's potential there.
No, I caught that. I was just interjecting a parallel thought.

I'd be sore if we took him in the second, and I'd complain, but I'd understand

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'd be okay with a DE but I'd be surprised if TT didn't draft a big dominant DT like John Jenkins if he's available. Pickett is getting near the end of his career and Raji plays better as DE than nose. Neal looks to be back, Worthy will be available later in the year, Daniels is a good situational guy. We have DEs, we don't have a NT behind Pickett.
If one of those OLine monsters drop I think TT'd grab him but I don't see anyway that happening with Chicago drafting before us.
I'm betting a nose tackle if one is available.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoever we draft first we must ask ourselves "can we do without him for his rookie year?" Because he will get injured just like all of our other first round picks.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Don't think we will draft a LB since we already have enough now, even if some of them are in "bum" status IMO. I think we will go DE, NT ...... but then again he may go BAP and surprise us with a mystery pick....

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which would you rather see drafted? We can all agree that since we lost Jenkins we have bsaically seen a huge drop off and production from that spot. We ply musical chairs but i'd rather see one guy stay on the field all three downs like Jenkins was able to do.

as far as Olb? one could say Perry needs his shot because he was a first round pick but he was injured alot last year and we basicaly played musical chairs at that spot to. I'm all for giving Perry a shot to start but not if he gets outplayed by a rookie in the preseason..he then becomes a situational player.

Altho he's not the typical 3-4 D-end Bjoerne Werner could be our JJ Watt. Relentless, relentless, relentless..remind you of anybody else on our defense?

OLB Dion Jordan and Clay Matthews together could give us a dynamic pass rushing Duo for years to come. You don't pass on jordan if he's still on the board.

Absolutely no chance that Dion Jordan is around at #26. I think Perry is our OLB. If a top ILB, S or DL falls to us at #26, great. However, I have the feeling that TT is going to be looking for some OL in this draft. EDS is ok but not good enough to be our starting center, and our LT situation is not good. Newhouse is merely ok and Sherrod's injury report is not good at all.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely no chance that Dion Jordan is around at #26. I think Perry is our OLB. If a top ILB, S or DL falls to us at #26, great. However, I have the feeling that TT is going to be looking for some OL in this draft. EDS is ok but not good enough to be our starting center, and our LT situation is not good. Newhouse is merely ok and Sherrod's injury report is not good at all.
And you came to this conclusion after all of 3-4 games?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I don't see any way at all that we take an ILB high. They just resigned Brad Jones. That position is flooded. It's DL or OL all day.

Members online