2nd Round

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So with the 2nd round soon to come what are people's thoughts on what we should. I am hoping the stars align and somehow Allen Robinson out of PSU is available when we pick. As far as I am concerned the offense cannot have enough weapons and adding a 6' 3" 210lbs receiver to Rodgers arsenal would be a good pick up.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a fans perfect world, their team would take WRs, Fast Freakish TEs and RBs. Those are the "fun" positions. Anyway, I believe they will select someone to replace peppers after this next season, or someone to replace Tramon when his contracts up. A raji replacement is very possible. Maybe nix, although I'm not crazy about him. I could see us grabbing jean baptiste as he could learn from Tramon and shields for a year. The other option would be a TE, maybe ASJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Thompson will address WR and TE with the next two picks, there's not great value available at ILB or CB. Depending on who's available DL is a possibility as well.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Thompson will address WR and TE with the next two picks, there's not great value available at ILB or CB. Depending on who's available DL is a possibility as well.

You don't think baptiste is good value? That size though... Agree that ILB is pointless to even look at this round.

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Has Borland's shoulder scared everyone away from picking him? I have not actually even read much on that but to say there is no value at ILB is just silly unless his shoulder is really that borked.

D

Deleted member 6794

Has Borland's shoulder scared everyone away from picking him? I have not actually even read much on that but to say there is no value at ILB is just silly unless his shoulder is really that borked.

Borland lacks size, speed and range. Don't want the Packers to draft him.

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't like him at all, for sure not worth a second round pick.

Really? Just out of curiosity, why not? I don't know how anyone who has ever seen him play could not like him at all. I do agree 2nd round is probably a stretch though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Really? Just out of curiosity, why not? I don't know how anyone who has ever seen him play could not like him at all. I do agree 2nd round is probably a stretch though.

He's not as physical as his size might indicate, isn't a sure tackler and gets beat constantly by double moves.

Aside of his size, is there any other reason you like the guy???

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the size crap is meaningless, to many people worry about that. I did just look up his 40 time and you are right, that was gawd awful. I did not realize he was that slow. He would never be able to cover a TE in the NFL. My thoughts have changed on him. :(

I don't know at all what you mean by not a sure tackler though, I have never seen that but as mentioned the speed factor is really, really bad for him.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not as physical as his size might indicate, isn't a sure tackler and gets beat constantly by double moves.

Aside of his size, is there any other reason you like the guy???

No. Haha. You caught me with my pants down. But anyway, that's why I mentioned having him sit for a year behind Tramon and Sam and learn mechanics. He's what everyone calls "raw" but Sam shields was a WR in college and figured it out so if he can get the mechanics down, you don't think baptiste can?

D

Deleted member 6794

No. Haha. You caught me with my pants down. But anyway, that's why I mentioned having him sit for a year behind Tramon and Sam and learn mechanics. He's what everyone calls "raw" but Sam shields was a WR in college and figured it out so if he can get the mechanics down, you don't think baptiste can?

It´s possible Baptiste can turn into a solid CB, but I don´t want the Packers to spend a second or third round pick on a prospect like him.

D

Deleted member 6794

the size crap is meaningless, to many people worry about that. I did just look up his 40 time and you are right, that was gawd awful. I did not realize he was that slow. He would never be able to cover a TE in the NFL. My thoughts have changed on him. :(

I don't know at all what you mean by not a sure tackler though, I have never seen that but as mentioned the speed factor is really, really bad for him.

I´m not talking about Borland´s height, but his lack of arm length is troubling for me. I was talking about Baptiste when mentioning he´s not a sure tackler.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want a NT but let's see how the board looks. I think it's a good rd to trade up in but ted doesn't do much of that

D

Deleted member 6794

I want a NT but let's see how the board looks. I think it's a good rd to trade up in but ted doesn't do much of that

I think the team has more pressing needs to spend a second round pick on a NT. I would be fine with spending our fourth rounder on McCullers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the team has more pressing needs to spend a second round pick on a NT. I would be fine with spending our fourth rounder on McCullers.

Hmm TE might be the only plug in starter position. Really depends on the board.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's all gonna depend on the board as with the first round. Very interesting question: if Mosley and Dix were still on the board, who would ted have taken?

D

Deleted member 6794

It's all gonna depend on the board as with the first round. Very interesting question: if Mosley and Dix were still on the board, who would ted have taken?

Of course it all depends on the board, but I think there will be a TE or WR available at #53 worth of a second round pick. I think Thompson would have chosen Mosley.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm just wondering, based on the amount of decent TE and WR left yet, if they need to in the 2nd.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm just wondering, based on the amount of decent TE and WR left yet, if they need to in the 2nd.

I think there will be some decent WRs available with our third round pick, not sure about TE though.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there will be some decent WRs available with our third round pick, not sure about TE though.

I'm just torn on this. Good points on 1250 sports radio today regarding the TE. Are our TE really that bad that we need to take one that early of a pick? Are these big beast TE in the draft really going to be that much more impactful? Maybe...I don't know. Some of these guys are freakin huge!

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm just torn on this. Good points on 1250 sports radio today regarding the TE. Are our TE really that bad that we need to take one that early of a pick? Are these big beast TE in the draft really going to be that much more impactful? Maybe...I don't know. Some of these guys are freakin huge!

I think the Packers troubles in the red zone last year can be partly attributed to not having one of those TEs for most of the season. I would rather draft a guy who is capable of blocking as well, that´s why I would prefer getting either Seferian-Jenkins or Niklas.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers troubles in the red zone last year can be partly attributed to not having one of those TEs for most of the season. I would rather draft a guy who is capable of blocking as well, that´s why I would prefer getting either Seferian-Jenkins or Niklas.

I'm on board with that thought.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nix, Hageman, Lee, J. Matthews, Moncrief, Lattimer, Robinson, Amaro, Sefarian-Jenkins... alllll still available.

Members online

Latest posts