2nd round prospects

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes you wonder. If it's true that the Packers are going to overhaul the defense and they want more speed and athleticism on the DL, I could see them going to Ras'hede Hagemen in the 1st (if his combine proves that he's everything they say), and Jimmie Ward in the 2nd. I think Chris Borland has a good chance of still being there in the 3rd.

I'm hoping that the Packers will sign a top FA Safety or DL. If so, a TE like Troy Niklas in the 2nd might be a fine choice assuming Finley walks. Getting a guy like TJ Ward and then drafting in Rounds 1-3 these guys would be pretty awesome methinks:

Hageman
Niklas
Borland

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes you wonder. If it's true that the Packers are going to overhaul the defense and they want more speed and athleticism on the DL, I could see them going to Ras'hede Hagemen in the 1st (if his combine proves that he's everything they say), and Jimmie Ward in the 2nd. I think Chris Borland has a good chance of still being there in the 3rd.

I'm hoping that the Packers will sign a top FA Safety or DL. If so, a TE like Troy Niklas in the 2nd might be a fine choice assuming Finley walks. Getting a guy like TJ Ward and then drafting in Rounds 1-3 these guys would be pretty awesome methinks:

Hageman
Niklas
Borland

from a recent chat on the JS site, Borland was discussed..

• Q: Craig, Minnetonka, MN - I would love to see the Packers draft Borland or Abbrederis from UW if they were available at the right spot in the draft. As with any player, they both have some question marks, but what I like about them is they both love to play football. What chances do you see of the Packers drafting either of them?
  • A: Tom Silverstein - Craig - It's impossible to predict that. Borland fits a need at ILB, but he's short and I don't know if the Packers want to go that direction. I don't even know if he'll be available when they get to the spot where they have him rated. Abbrederis doesn't really fit what they're looking for in wide receivers. They typically like bigger guys, but who knows? Maybe they love. All I know is that they don't seem to draft UW guys anymore.

Members online

Latest posts