2nd Rookie year for Aaron Rodgers in 2006

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we are going to have a different offensive coordinator, Aaron Rodgers will have to learn a NEW offensive system, so it will be like his 2nd rookie year.

This could really come back to hurt us if Favre doesnt come back. We wont really have a 2nd year QB in there. Technically yeah, but a lot of his teammates will be new, a new OC, new HC....might as well be a rookie again. The only thing that is the same is the paycheck.

Come Back Favre!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who else will be at QB?

Brett is being shoved out the door. Nall receives no appreciation and will be gone as a free agent.

As I said after drafting Rodgers in April, he actually diminishes the QB depth in 06.

The Packers will need a Kerry Collins, Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson type free agent. The GM does not like older veterans who are not minimum wage guys.

If Rodgers goes down with injury it could be a 1-15 season. Why doesn't the GM realize the Packers are better with Brett than without him?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
speculation is fun.

lets get some more 'TT is pushing brett out' speculation posts. I dont think we have enough.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why the irrational hatred for TT, cuz he loaded this team with good players in one year, and fired the worst coach in the league?

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jon Kitna from the Bengals. Maybe he'll help mentor Rodgers like he did for Palmer

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
ChuckSTG said:
Jon Kitna from the Bengals. Maybe he'll help mentor Rodgers like he did for Palmer
I was thinking the same thing today as I watched the Steelers thump the Bengals.

I was thinking Jon Kitna too, it would be easier to ease Rodgers into the action (and Kitna is capable of winning some games if we put a team around him)...it would be better for Rodgers than "no you don't pull Brett Favre...ok we're losing by 40 against a brutal baltimore pass rush, go get 'em kid

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
why the irrational hatred for TT, cuz he loaded this team with good players in one year, and fired the worst coach in the league?

Why not answer the question? I heard Packers.com says that TT is a great GM!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:

Why not answer the question? I heard Packers.com says that TT is a great GM!!

Speaking of not answering.

Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:
Why the unbridled support of Thompson?

Let's start with he hasn't PROVED to fail us, second and most of all, he's a Packer and that's what fans do.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the people are right when they say brett is holding the packers hostage. So Brett wants to wait and see how the offseason goes? He wants to grade the moves, and then he will decide? Nice, brett.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i love brett. mutant babies, remember. but nobody is perfect, and i am starting to dislike when brett does this.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tromadz said..

"Maybe the people are right when they say brett is holding the packers hostage. So Brett wants to wait and see how the offseason goes? He wants to grade the moves, and then he will decide? Nice, brett."

Gee..Tromadz...

YOU can have conspiracy theories about Brett..but no one else can have them about TT...hmmm..interesting...

(What does that say about you then?)

Haven't you ever heard of deductive reasoning?...

A. Brett Favre doesn't want to learn a whole new system at this stage of career...

B. TT is hiring a coach with a whole new system and philosophy....

therefore:

A. TT doesn't want Brett Favre around...
B. TT doesn't really care about Brett Favre one way or the other...
C. TT is going to rebuild the Packer's in his image.
D. None of the above (fill in your own theory..)

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love your "mutant babies" quote. Nice Picture by the way, I was getting tired of the old shirt you were wearing lol.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Tromadz said..

"Maybe the people are right when they say brett is holding the packers hostage. So Brett wants to wait and see how the offseason goes? He wants to grade the moves, and then he will decide? Nice, brett."

Gee..Tromadz...

YOU can have conspiracy theories about Brett..but no one else can have them about TT...hmmm..interesting...

What does that say about you then?

Haven't you ever heard of deductive reasoning?...

Brett Favre doesn't want to learn a whole new system at this stage of career...

TT is hiring a coach with a whole new system and philosophy....

therefore:

A. TT doesn't want Brett Favre around...
B. TT doesn't really care about Brett Favre one way or the other...
C. TT is going to rebuild the Packer's in his image.
D. None of the above (fill in your own theory..)

i love how i didnt say almost anything you just accused me of, but your blind love of favre just made you silly. I said no theory of any kind. I said facts. You know, the truth. you should try it sometime, instead of spouting how much of brett you could fit in your mouth.

But when brett says things like(frommsnbc):“We have a ways to go to get back to where we were,â€

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tromadz...

I like how out of one side of your mouth you say "Favre is holding the Packers hostage"...and out the other.."what does he (Favre) know or think about (the Packers) this time.."

Well..which is? YOu seem to be spouting alot of silly conjecture yourself about things you claim not to know about...

So be it...tromadz...

Also your sarcastic comment....

"Hopefully, these fixes are appeasing to the almighty Favre and he comes back."...

speaks volumes about the way you feel about Brett Favre.....

whether you realize it or not......

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

tromadz...

I like how out of one side of your mouth you say "Favre is holding the Packers hostage"...and out the other.."what does he (Favre) know or think about (the Packers) this time.."

Well..which is? YOu seem to be spouting alot of silly conjecture yourself about things you claim not to know about...

So be it...tromadz...

Also your sarcastic comment....

"Hopefully, these fixes are appeasing to the almighty Favre and he comes back."...

speaks volumes about the way you feel about Brett Favre.....

whether you realize it or not......

you make me laugh.

1. you obviously misinterpreted my "what does favre know about the team" comment. that wasnt sarcasm. If he thinks the team needs a lot of rebuilding, then he wont come back. I feel its 4 positions away, however the mighty favre could feel its 14 away, and if he feels that way, then he wont be back(most likely). man, dont make me break down everything i say into a paragraph for you.

2. I didnt realize you were a psychologist, since you know how i feel about favre off of my sarcastic "almighty favre" comment. You dont know how i feel about favre, so keep your condescending remarks to yourself. You are not the only GB\favre fan here, and that **** is getting really annoying. Passionate is cool, but ignorance is irritating.

What the hell is TT to do. he says he wants favre back, and he also has to continue to fix Shermans GM abortions. Is he going to make moves that are good for the team, or good for bringing back favre. Favre does hold the team hostage in this way. UHOH! I said something negative about favre, i must hate him! No. I love favre, but this part of the year is hell on management. I hope TT fixes the line, gets a couple defensive additions, and favre comes back. But if TT doesnt do it exactly my way(they nver do it my way :( ) then i hope he does whats good for the team, and that THAT is good enough for favre.

And the agent of favre is now saying the packers should interview mooch and consider hiring him if they want favre back? Are you ****ing kidding me. yeah..but he doesnt hold management hostage. Right, 66. Right.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Tromadz...

You are right about one thing..."ignorance is irritating"...therefore I am done trying to reason with you...

(there are so many flaws in your reasoning...that i couldn't begin to straighten you out anyway...you'd never see it...)

for example...On the one hand you're saying "Favre's holding the Packer's hostage"...and on the other...you're saying "we don't know what Favre thinks..are we 4 or 14 players away..??"

Do you see how you are contradicting yourself? If you can't see this then I can't help you...

DePack..do you wanna take a crack at this???

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

T

(there are so many flaws in your reasoning...that i couldn't begin to straighten you out anyway...you'd never see it...)

for example...On the one hand you're saying "Favre's holding the Packer's hostage"...and on the other...you're saying "we don't know what Favre thinks..are we 4 or 14 players away..??"

Do you see how you are contradicting yourself? If you can't see this then I can't help you...

I'll help you with this, cuz...you're struggling with it.

"Favre is holding the packers hostage" because "we dont know what favre thinks, are we 4 or 14 players away"

Ok, focus on that. I will make you not so dumb now.

Brett has hinted he would come back, but isnt excited about a long overhaul - fact

Favre is going to look at offseason moves before he decides - fact

Management now has to wait for favre - fact

Favres agent said hiring Mooch would increase odds of favre coming back - fact

TT has to continue with business, sign guys, cut guys, trade,etc. Now TT is going to do the best for the team. it could be fixing 3-4 spots on defense, and not focusing on the offense as much, OR revamping the offensive line and mixing only a couple things up on defense. NOW, If TT's moves are unacceptable to favre, he wont be back. he pretty much said that. If TT's plan takes longer than favre wants, he probably wont be back.

That is how "Favre is holding the packers hostage" because "we dont know what favre thinks, are we 4 or 14 players away"

Now I hope favre agrees with me, that we are 4 moves away from being dangerous. If Favre feels we are 10 away, and TT only makes 7 changes, then he wont be back. Do you understand?

And now, this whole agent implying brett will come back if Mooch is hired just adds to the "Favre is holding the packers hostage" and I feel sorry for you if you dont see that. I love favre, and would make love to him tenderly, but he is 'holding the team hostage' here and thats the facts.

The only thing we can hope(and I do want the same thing as you, 66) is TT makes good moves, and favre likes them, and comes back, and we dominate the NFC North.

Members online

Latest posts