1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2nd Half Scoring

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Guacamole, Oct 17, 2011.

1. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I was on the edge of my seat, just waiting for them to do something. I knew there was a growing frustration in Rodgers and some of the other guys that would not be kept silent, and it shouldn't. They played poorly. They better not do that against the Vikings. Not to say it will be a close game, I just want to destroy them. Always.
  2. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +84 / 3 / -0
    only you
  3. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Only me huh?

Have I complained about the scoring in the second half of that game? If so, throw it up, prove it, cause I have not complained one bit.
  4. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +588 / 13 / -0
    The main rule that everyone should remember is that forward momentum while or after catching the ball and then running into the end zone is not a safety. So even if Shields was on the 7 yard line and fell into the end zone because of the momentum, it would not be a safety.
  5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,619 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    I disagree, if you and I are talking about same thing...If he intercepts in endzone, runs to the 7, then falls back into endzone I believe it is a safety...He established being a ball carrier in the field of play...Then goes back to endzone

[​IMG]
    Digest of Rules Main
    Safety

The important factor in a safety is impetus. Two points are scored for the opposing team when the ball is dead on or behind a team’s own goal line if the impetus came from a player on that team.

Examples of Safety:

(b) Ball carrier retreats from field of play into his own end zone and is downed. Ball carrier provides impetus.
  6. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +588 / 13 / -0
    I agree. I think we are talking about 2 different things. I'm not talking about running out of the end zone and then back in. Just when a guy picks the ball and falls into the end zone while catching it.

Anyways, just looking at the play, he is never even close to the goal line.
  7. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47 / 4 / -0
    They new d would keep the score at 3 as it is Shilds learned a lesson the hard way Bush will be in his spot,this week and still think the vikes will think they can run all over us,but the d-line will give them headaches,go pack