2nd Half Scoring

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a boring 2nd half.

I was on the edge of my seat, just waiting for them to do something. I knew there was a growing frustration in Rodgers and some of the other guys that would not be kept silent, and it shouldn't. They played poorly. They better not do that against the Vikings. Not to say it will be a close game, I just want to destroy them. Always.

Reaction score
My friend and I discussed the play at the time and we thought it was a safety.
The main rule that everyone should remember is that forward momentum while or after catching the ball and then running into the end zone is not a safety. So even if Shields was on the 7 yard line and fell into the end zone because of the momentum, it would not be a safety.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The main rule that everyone should remember is that forward momentum while or after catching the ball and then running into the end zone is not a safety. So even if Shields was on the 7 yard line and fell into the end zone because of the momentum, it would not be a safety.

I disagree, if you and I are talking about same thing...If he intercepts in endzone, runs to the 7, then falls back into endzone I believe it is a safety...He established being a ball carrier in the field of play...Then goes back to endzone

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Digest of Rules Main
Safety

The important factor in a safety is impetus. Two points are scored for the opposing team when the ball is dead on or behind a team’s own goal line if the impetus came from a player on that team.

Examples of Safety:

(b) Ball carrier retreats from field of play into his own end zone and is downed. Ball carrier provides impetus.

Reaction score
I disagree, if you and I are talking about same thing...If he intercepts in endzone, runs to the 7, then falls back into endzone I believe it is a safety...He established being a ball carrier in the field of play...Then goes back to endzone

I agree. I think we are talking about 2 different things. I'm not talking about running out of the end zone and then back in. Just when a guy picks the ball and falls into the end zone while catching it.

Anyways, just looking at the play, he is never even close to the goal line.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They new d would keep the score at 3 as it is Shilds learned a lesson the hard way Bush will be in his spot,this week and still think the vikes will think they can run all over us,but the d-line will give them headaches,go pack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts