1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

21 Dead at Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Apr 16, 2007.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just to go back to the point bozz made, and one I completely agree with, you gotta feel to the shooter's family.

They were immigrants looking to give their kids a better life. One of their daughters is at Princeton, and this must be devastating for them, especially knowing that their son killed many innocent people.

I heard a story today on CNN about how in Korean culture, this is seen as a big shame and stain on their family legacy, and that is just terrible. Hope it all works out for all the victims families and friends.
  2. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Usually what I have read is when you see something that disturbing you do a follow up....or if someone wants to take his/her own life they will usually tell someone in a round about way.

Great post!!!
  3. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am against gun control to, I believe you should be able to buy a gun and maybe it should be ONLY to hunt....and then I think everyone who wants to purchase a gun should go through somekind of gun training before they are able to purchase a gun, maybe make it alittle harder to get. Also if someone had a gun and was able to shoot the kid before he murdered all these inocent people, I dont know about that, then what this person goes over the edge. Maybe it was in this kids upbringing, I know some people will say its not the parents fault, but I still believe if parents today talk to their children about morals and values lots of this stuff wouldnt happen. I know parents can do only so much, and all it takes sometimes is kids getting into the wrong group of people. But then again if their parents tought them right they wouldnt be hanging around with the bad kids...

Its just a sad world that we live in...who knows what to do..
  4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +627 / 6 / -0
    the only thing that i know to do is to fight the urge to pass judgment. it's a situation that i have no first-hand knowledge about and all i can do is offer sympathy to those affected. i've been praying for all those connected to the incident, and especially the parents of the shooter, because they have the same grief as any other family connected to this tragedy, and i know the blame will be pushed onto them. all we can do is pray for the strength of all the victims.
  5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The more i hear about it, the more i wonder why someone didn't step in before he did this. It appears that psychological studies done on him awhile back said he was a danger to himself. Someone dropped the ball here, and ignored all the warning signs. Now it's too late for all those killed or injured.
    It's truely sad, and a waste of human life.
  6. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    while i agree with the fact that someone 'dropped the ball' in this case, it's unfortunate that these people have to actually DO something before anything can be done to them in the eyes of the law.

i'm in a situation now that has the potential for a violent outcome but because this person has done nothing at this point, there's nothing the law can do. it's up to me not to let the fear consume me or my boys so i just go on everyday & live my life the best way i can because, in the end, that's all any of us can do.
  7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Don't be afraid to do whatever's necessary to protect yourself and your family Illy.
  8. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Be careful Jules, and yes please protect yourself. To many idiots out there these days..
  9. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    That was very sad i was in america on holiday when it happened, I feel sorry for the familes who have been affected :(