2015 Womens World Cup (Canada)

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I still believe come next summer, grass will be installed on those stadiums, and rightfully so.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
And the USA gets the group of Death AGAIN.... how does this keep happening? Law of averages is not working.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
That's because ANY group the U.S. women are in can be considered the group of death for the other teams!

Norway, Swiss or Netherlands would have been ok... but we got paired with the best euro team, best African team, and Australia. WTH.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Norway, Swiss or Netherlands would have been ok... but we got paired with the best euro team, best African team, and Australia. WTH.
To be the best, you have to beat the best. Or is that just another cliche. You know, hope somone else knocks them out for you.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
To be the best, you have to beat the best. Or is that just another cliche. You know, hope somone else knocks them out for you.

It's a cliché. But last womens world cup we had the group of death, then last year USA men had the group of death. And now the womens again get the group of death. Hard to believe the odds of that happening. But I'm sure we will mop up the group, even though the women didn't win their group last year, Sweden did... who are also in our group this year.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Nessie, but when it comes to Women's Pro Soccer, I have to give the U.S. girls the nod on this one. In my opinion, they set the bar for every one else to reach.
Hmm, as much as I know US women won their last WC in 1999 but if I'm honest I dont know much about Womens Soccer. So if you guys say the US team is the No1 at the moment you might know better than I do.
Btw , does England have a Womens Soccer team. I know their Men's National team plays like women but that doesnt count. :cautious::p

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hmm, as much as I know US women won their last WC in 1999 but if I'm honest I dont know much about Womens Soccer. So if you guys say the US team is the No1 at the moment you might know better than I do.
Btw , does England have a Womens Soccer team. I know their Men's National team plays like women but that doesnt count. :cautious::p

You cheeky German git !!! :eek::D

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

I can't laugh for fear of another yellow card. I need more beer bullets before my next yellow card. :laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Ahem ahem...http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/women/index.html

and let us not forget a few "Wiki" facts for what they are worth;
The U.S. team won the first ever Women's World Cup in 1991, and has since been a superpower in women's soccer.[1] It is currently ranked first in the world by the FIFA Women's World Rankings.[2] The team has also won the 1999 FIFA Women's World Cup, four Olympic women's gold medals (1996,[3] 2004,[4] 2008[5] and 2012) and nine Algarve Cups (2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2013).

Among its many other honors, the team was selected as the U.S. Olympic Committee's Team of the Year in 1997 and 1999. Sports Illustrated chose the entire team as its 1999 Sportspeople of the Year.[6]

I

Ahem ahem...http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/women/index.html

and let us not forget a few "Wiki" facts for what they are worth;
The U.S. team won the first ever Women's World Cup in 1991, and has since been a superpower in women's soccer.[1] It is currently ranked first in the world by the FIFA Women's World Rankings.[2] The team has also won the 1999 FIFA Women's World Cup, four Olympic women's gold medals (1996,[3] 2004,[4] 2008[5] and 2012) and nine Algarve Cups (2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2013).

Among its many other honors, the team was selected as the U.S. Olympic Committee's Team of the Year in 1997 and 1999. Sports Illustrated chose the entire team as its 1999 Sportspeople of the Year.[6]

Oh stop showing off :whistling:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Oh stop showing off :whistling:

There is an explanation for this. You see in the U.S.A. the NFL is a thundering, plodding , plow over your opponent with massed forces sport which is typical of the U.S. male mentality. But our women are beautiful and intelligent and quite tricky, thus domination of "The Beautiful Sport."

I

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yes, we can see that :D

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts