2014 Starting Lineups

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling we're going to miss EDS a lot this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think they already miss EDS along with Wells. I'm still upset TT let Wells get away. This line could of been stout in the middle but now there's to many questions about who's playing where. When you have a franchise qb you have to do whatever it takes to protect the guy. Center hasn't been constant since Wells left. I wonder if Sherrod can play center??

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Think they already miss EDS along with Wells. I'm still upset TT let Wells get away. This line could of been stout in the middle but now there's to many questions about who's playing where. When you have a franchise qb you have to do whatever it takes to protect the guy. Center hasn't been constant since Wells left. I wonder if Sherrod can play center??
No. He's a LT only. Think a bigger Newhouse with better pass blocking and much worse run blocking. Remember Newhouse playing Guard that one game?

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think he's ever played it. Which means he could be like Barclay, bad snaps. But just because someone's never played a position doesn't mean they aren't viable. Sherrod is an interesting name, I mean there's a reason he was a first round selection at one point. Maybe he could be our hidden gem at c? I don't know.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. He's a LT only. Think a bigger Newhouse with better pass blocking and much worse run blocking. Remember Newhouse playing Guard that one game?

Newhouse was never projected a 1st round prospect. We've barely seen Sherrod, not a fair comparison. Like I just mentioned, he was a first round pick for a reason

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Newhouse was never projected a 1st round prospect. We've barely seen Sherrod, not a fair comparison. Like I just mentioned, he was a first round pick for a reason

Because he's a LT with a high ceiling at LT. He doesn't however project well to the interior line, plus he doesn't have the mindset for it. High hips, bends, and bad leverage; each the cause of the other. Newhouse had a higher RT/G ceiling but not the mindset. They're kittens. We saw BOTH of them try it at Guard, and both looked godawful.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Sherrod is a naturally huge man with long arms, and quick lateral agility. He eats speed rushers, but struggles with power guys. You don't want a guy who struggles against power on the inside of your OL where you face nothing but power guys.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how many guys would have to go down to throw our long snapper in at center.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If we don't get Mosley I would be happy even if TT picked Yarwin Smallwood to replace Brad Jones. I would be thoroughly dissapointed if Brad Jones was starting against the Seahawks. That would be very bad sign. I really like Deone Bucannon but I don't know why anyone isn't mentioning Terrence Brooks. IMO he has more upside then any free safety in the draft. He would most definitely be a day 1 starter and soon after you would see many "Terrence Brooks" jersey's showing up at Lambeau. I really believe this guy could be answer at safety since one of my favorite Packers of all time "Nick Collins" was injured.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we don't get Mosley I would be happy even if TT picked Yarwin Smallwood to replace Brad Jones. I would be thoroughly dissapointed if Brad Jones was starting against the Seahawks. That would be very bad sign. I really like Deone Bucannon but I don't know why anyone isn't mentioning Terrence Brooks. IMO he has more upside then any free safety in the draft. He would most definitely be a day 1 starter and soon after you would see many "Terrence Brooks" jersey's showing up at Lambeau. I really believe this guy could be answer at safety since one of my favorite Packers of all time "Nick Collins" was injured.

Terrence brooks is mentioned in almost every single thread about the draft. I think we could all agree he may have the biggest upside and I think 99% of us would say Buchanan would be about the most pointless pick at safety we could make. Buchanan IS Sean Richardson, just more polished.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Terrence brooks is mentioned in almost every single thread about the draft. I think we could all agree he may have the biggest upside and I think 99% of us would say Buchanan would be about the most pointless pick at safety we could make. Buchanan IS Sean Richardson, just more polished.

Deone Bucannon wouldn't be pointless IMO. I think he would be an upgrade at SS. I agree 100 percent that a true free safety would make more sense considering the current roster.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Deone Bucannon wouldn't be pointless IMO. I think he would be an upgrade at SS. I agree 100 percent that a true free safety would make more sense considering the current roster.

Obviously Burnett cant hold it down at free safety so we don't have the luxury of taking a guy like Deone Bucannon.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
How'd he play? I think he's really small for an OLM of any kind isn't he?

He was a bit bigger then, but it was still bad. EDS at G and Newhouse at LT with Goode snapping. I think we might have had Lang on RT too. We didn't even have the depth to throw a DT at G back then. Somehow we made it through without Rodgers getting hurt.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this year is the last chance for Perry, Neal and Sherrod to prove they can cut it.

We need an impact ILB or FS bad. The impact FS may not be there, and picking Shazier is chancy--which a lot of mock drafts have us doing. He's blazing fast, he has a high ceiling, he can probably run down the Kaepernicks and cover the TEs, but does he have the football instincts that Mosley has, and can he tackle Matt Fortes, the APs and the LeSean McCoys head on?

D

Deleted member 6794

He was a bit bigger then, but it was still bad. EDS at G and Newhouse at LT with Goode snapping. I think we might have had Lang on RT too. We didn't even have the depth to throw a DT at G back then. Somehow we made it through without Rodgers getting hurt.

I really can´t remember Goode taking any snaps at center, which game did this happen in???

D

Deleted member 6794

I think this year is the last chance for Perry, Neal and Sherrod to prove they can cut it.

We need an impact ILB or FS bad. The impact FS may not be there, and picking Shazier is chancy--which a lot of mock drafts have us doing. He's blazing fast, he has a high ceiling, he can probably run down the Kaepernicks and cover the TEs, but does he have the football instincts that Mosley has, and can he tackle Matt Fortes, the APs and the LeSean McCoys head on?

I expect Neal and Perry to be around in 2015 as well. Neal just signed a two-year deal and did pretty well last season playing a new position, leading the team in QB pressures. I hope Perry´s capable of staying healthy, he has shown some potential, especially when playing on the right side. Sherrod will be gone if he doesn´t end up starting this season.

The problem with Shazier is that he probably won´t be able to get off blocks by OL at the second level.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with Shazier is that he probably won´t be able to get off blocks by OL at the second level.

I'am not sure whether I agree. I seems like he does a decent (not great, but decent) job getting off blocks, especially for his size. The issue with Shazier though is that he misses a lot of tackles (So he is great fit for our defense). Moreover Shazier is just not a good pass rusher.

Overall Mosley is the better player. Plus Mosley can play at WILB and SILB, while Shazier is probably just a WILB. Mosley might start straight away, while Shazier might have to prove his value in the nickel and dime packages first. I prefer Mosley, but I think he will be gone before we pick, so I would seriously consider Shazier.

By the way: did anyone notice that Shazier (237 lbs) was heavier at the combine than Mosley (234 lbs). Btw Jamari Lattimore only weights 230 lbs, so Shazier wouldn't be the lightest on the packers squad.

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'am not sure whether I agree. I seems like he does a decent (not great, but decent) job getting off blocks, especially for his size. The issue with Shazier though is that he misses a lot of tackles (So he is great fit for our defense). Moreover Shazier is just not a good pass rusher.

Overall Mosley is the better player. Plus Mosley can play at WILB and SILB, while Shazier is probably just a WILB. Mosley might start straight away, while Shazier might have to prove his value in the nickel and dime packages first. I prefer Mosley, but I think he will be gone before we pick, so I would seriously consider Shazier.

By the way: did anyone notice that Shazier (237 lbs) was heavier at the combine than Mosley (234 lbs). Btw Jamari Lattimore only weights 230 lbs, so Shazier wouldn't be the lightest on the packers squad.

The ? is whether you think a guy who was playing at 220 or less can keep that weight on during the season. He looks like DB size on tape and whatever you have to do to gain 20+lbs in a few months is probably not something you are going to be able to keep up with during the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Mosley is by far the better fit for our defense and I agree he´s capable playing WILB and SILB. I don´t think Shazier will play at 237 pounds.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett yes, the other two no. We already have one Burnett, so we don't need another though. Funny, I seem to remember Brad Jones leveling Peterson in a Minnesota game in 2012, and Burnett leading the team and all Safeties in tackles the same year. "Finesse" players can be physical too. The problem is we have too many players (Jones, Lattimore, etc) without any manner of football instincts.

No way under ANY circumstance do I want Morgan Burnett starting this year!

Members online

Latest posts