2014 Draft Position - #21 A look Ahead - Who do we draft?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We cannot use our first round pick on a TE, imo. We are in a unique situation where probably 15 of the 20 picks ahead of us will be used on offensive players. So many QB, OL, and WR are going to be taken early. This gives us a very early crack at this year's crop of defensive playmakers. We have to go D in the first.

The only safety that warrants a round 1 selection is Hasean Clinton-Dix, and I personally hope we don't use our 1st on him. Really like Deone Buchanon in the 3rd round or so. Guy plays with a mean streak that we really need.

I really, really want RaShede Hageman to be a Packer. That's another guy that is just nasty, strong, and imposing. Guy's is an absolute physical specimen and can play.

I am hoping for Hageman in round 1, but would be happy with CJ Mosley or Hasean Clinton-Dix as well. Or if anyone slips through the cracks, maybe a BPA situation, but I'd rather trade down our pick if we are in that situation.

I do want to see a TE or WR taken in the first 4 rounds though. TE Sefarian-Jenkins if he somehow slips to us in the 2nd or if we trade down, TE Fiedorowicz in round 3 if he's near BPA, TE Marcel Jensen in round 4, WR Kelvin Benjamin if he's there in round 2.

Maybe...

1- RaShede Hageman DT
2- Kelvin Benjamin WR
3- Deone Buchanon SS
4- Marcel Jensen TE
5- Seantrel Henderson OT
6- Max Bullough ILB
7- Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB

...would be like my dream 2014 draft. Lot of guys that seemingly are of TT character and play kind of mean.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm, it seems others are taking note of Deone Buchanon as he's most recently being rated as a round 2 guy. Might have to jump on him a bit earlier. Craig Loston is another big school guy that hits like a truck and would be more likely available in rounds 3 or 4.