2013 Schedule Looks Tough

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So we get to play:

BOTH Super Bowl teams from this year

The other team in the NFCC game this year

RGIII

Eli Manning IN New York AGAIN

An emerging, and very dangerous Bengals team.

I better not hear ANY one say that we have a cake schedule. Ever.

Hopefully Tony Uh-oh will be QB for the Cowboys game. That is always a big game for my family, as my father in law is a HUGE life long Cowboys fan and I am...well...duh a huge, life-long Packers fan. Last time we played them, did we win 45-10 or somesuch? I don't remember too many specific plays from that game but I DO remember him getting up and playing a game on his computer as I cheered and cheered and cheered all night, and all season long.

Well I think its a really easy schedule next year. Definately a 16 - 0 in the making. Superbowl all the way.....yaaay :rolleyes:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't find out for about 2 months what the schedule will be. But here's my take at it:

Monday, 09/09/13, @ Dallas, ESPN MNF Game-1
Sunday, 09/15/13, vs Washington
Sunday, 09/22/13, vs Atlanta, NBC Football Night in America
Sunday, 09/29/13, @ Detroit
Sunday, 10/06/13, @ Minnesota
Sunday, 10/13/13, vs Philadelphia
Sunday, 10/20/13, @ Chicago
Sunday, 10/27/13, vs Pittsburgh, NBC Football Night in America, Super Bowl XLV Rematch
Sunday, 11/03/13 BYE WEEK
Thursday, 11/7/13, @ NY Giants, NFL Network
Sunday, 11/17/13, vs Minnesota
Sunday, 11/24/13, vs Cleveland
Sunday, 12/01/13, @ San Francisco
Sunday, 12/08/13, vs Detroit
Sunday, 12/15/13, @ Cincinnati
Monday, 12/23/13, @ Baltimore, ESPN MNF
Sunday, 12/29/13, vs Chicago

Very tough schedule here. I see 12-4 though because we are going to add some muscle to our defense, and we are due for a 49er type injury-free season. And I hope they have our 2012 injury luck in 2013. It's only fair.

I give us the bye week before the Giants game, and give them an even shorter week making it a Thursday game. Giving our coaches extra time to prepare, and their coaches less time. Maybe we can finally beat those *******s.

I see us going 8-0 at Lambeau. Our only loss could most likely come against Julio Jones and the Falcons, or possibly the Steelers. But I think Pittsburgh is fading.

I see us going 4-4 on the road with some touch matchups. We're capable of beating anyone including the Super Bowl champs Ravens. Not sure about the 49ers, but again, those *******s are due for some heavy injuries like we had. Take out their safety, 2 ILBs, 1 OLB, and 2 of their 1st round pick OL and we'll see how good they are.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC nobody has ever had a bye week before a Thurs night game. Something in the CBA about a week off meaning a whole week.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IIRC nobody has ever had a bye week before a Thurs night game. Something in the CBA about a week off meaning a whole week.
I've never heard that, but it could be..... I'd wave it for this situation because it helps us :)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't find out for about 2 months what the schedule will be. But here's my take at it:

Monday, 09/09/13, @ Dallas, ESPN MNF Game-1
Sunday, 09/15/13, vs Washington
Sunday, 09/22/13, vs Atlanta, NBC Football Night in America
Sunday, 09/29/13, @ Detroit
Sunday, 10/06/13, @ Minnesota
Sunday, 10/13/13, vs Philadelphia
Sunday, 10/20/13, @ Chicago
Sunday, 10/27/13, vs Pittsburgh, NBC Football Night in America, Super Bowl XLV Rematch
Sunday, 11/03/13 BYE WEEK
Thursday, 11/7/13, @ NY Giants, NFL Network
Sunday, 11/17/13, vs Minnesota
Sunday, 11/24/13, vs Cleveland
Sunday, 12/01/13, @ San Francisco
Sunday, 12/08/13, vs Detroit
Sunday, 12/15/13, @ Cincinnati
Monday, 12/23/13, @ Baltimore, ESPN MNF
Sunday, 12/29/13, vs Chicago
The schedule was supposed to be released NEXT week but I hear they are delaying it til the following week.

At the Niners, Ravens, Giants, Cowboys............... plus vs Atlanta, Washington, Pittsburgh? That's gonna be tough.
We need to toughen-up, get more physical.

Can't wait for this one to come out, especially seeing when the Packers come back to Dallas.
I remember the last time the Packers played at the Cowboys, it was 2007 when both teams were 10-1. I was there. The old stadium.
Farve was hit patented self at Dallas throwing 2 bad interceptions. Then he exited with the sore elbow, down by 17 points.
That's when we, and he world, got a real look at young Rodgers, and he was great. Almost brought us back.

I remember the post-game handshakes, and Romo basically brushed off the backup QB Rodgers, thinking Aaron was just a punk and he was all that.

That game was proof to the coaches that Rodgers was ready, and was why they were actually glad Farve was retiring after he choked away the NFCCG vs the Giants.

Anyway, I hope the game at Dallas is in the 2nd half of the season. But not on Thanksgiving please.

H

HardRightEdge

We might have caught a break there...the Ravens have decided to rebuild this year.

I'm not sure why you're laughing, NorthWestCheeseHead. I guess you have not noticed the roster turnover in Baltimore, particularly on defense. Not sure how anybody could have missed that.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you're laughing, NorthWestCheeseHead. I guess you have not noticed the roster turnover in Baltimore, particularly on defense. Not sure how anybody could have missed that.
I'm sorry. I meant it was funny because it made me laugh over the truth of the statement. Seemed like a witty quip. I didn't mean to imply that I thought it was untrue. Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
but surely working out a teams strategy works two ways Osh, they will have worked US out too ? Sorry Bud, I just think its a bit optimistic to think with what we have at the moment, we could seriously stick it to them. I`m not trying to be negative here, just realistic. I totally agree that on any given Sunday/Monday, anybody is capable of victory, but I just think that at the moment we are not up to the job IMHO.
And the year before that the Packers were considered unstoppable. Just one fluke game against the Giants. No reason the Packers can't beat the 9ers if the Pack can be at full health.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the year before that the Packers were considered unstoppable. Just one fluke game against the Giants. No reason the Packers can't beat the 9ers if the Pack can be at full health.
In my mind one can't really use the 2011 season as a way to evidence anything. Mostly because it was just a strange season for the NFL. A lot of anomalous happenings affected every team that season. Plus that one fluke game vs the Giants very easily could have been two flukes, then of course there was the fluke game vs KC as well.

I also think it is worth noting that the Packers under McCarthy characteristically play down/ up to the perception of their opponent for the week and buying into their own hype. Just look at the 09 wildcard game for a colorful example.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the up side we can stop the conjecture about the schedule in 2 days. WOOOOO! I'm quite interested to see how it actually falls on paper.

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Roster turnover for sure. There were additions along with the subtractions though.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Opponents and locations are based on a formula. They got no back to back road games and are at home at least every other week. I don't think they could have gotten it any easier considering the opponents. Timing of the bye and the turkey day game are the only things that weren't favorable but they have to play on a Thurs sometime.

Members online

Latest posts