2013 Draft TEs

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me this team could use a TE to take the offense to another level. A reliable blocker to leave in or a security blanket on passing downs. Oh and divas, dont bother applying.

With that said the consensus top TE seems to be Tyler Eifert, out of Notre Dame. Watched him in person and he was the only part of the offense I was impressed with.

There are some other good prospects out there too.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013TE.php

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me a nearly ideal draft would be Eifert in Rnd 1, and a top OC in Rnd 2. Jonathan Cooper or Barrett Jones will probably still be available depending on where we pick in rnd 2.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would LOVE to get Eifert in round one, I want him or a pass rushing DE that would take or D to the next level and be top 5 D in the NFL. I must say though Eifert and Finley as a 2TE set would be a nightmare for DC around the league especially with our WR still being who they are. I still have faith in Finley with how he has played these last few weeks, as an article said he is seeming to attack the ball and defense more like the old Finley.

Nelson, Finley, Eifert, Cobb, and Jones would not even be fair. Draft a good C, Sherrod gets healthy and is a first round talent, Bulaga gets back to 2011 form (that a lot to ask from the O-line, but none of them are unrealistic) or offense would scar me.

As I said getting an above average pass rushing 3-4 DE (Like that Richardson from Missouri who I have read has a great motor, remind you of someone?) would take this D to the next level. With Matthews being Matthews, Perry showing improvement and potential as the season wore on, albeit with the later games having less of him on the field, and a DE who can rush. We would have a pass rush back, already have a stud secondary, Bishop is Bishop, Hawk has shown more of his 2010 self this season so ILB are solid. Worthy and Raji would only face single teams and would be in more to stop the run than anything. Our D would be sick.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Walter is limited in his prospects, though he added quite a few more since my last visit. Guess the Seniorbowl and Shrine forced him to

CJ Fiedorowicz - Iowa
Gavin Escobar - San Diego State
Zach Sudfeld - Nevada
Nick Kasa - Colorado
Matt Furstenburg - Maryland
Tavis Kelce - Cincinnati
Kyle Juszczyk - Harvard

All viable prospects not available on his current board.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a great option would be to take Barrett Jones in the first and grab Zach Ertz in the 2nd. Seems like a more realistic approach. I don't think Jones or Eifert make it out of the 1st. I definitely have been saying this the whole season, but this year is loaded with TE talent. We need to grab someone good.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think a great option would be to take Barrett Jones in the first and grab Zach Ertz in the 2nd. Seems like a more realistic approach. I don't think Jones or Eifert make it out of the 1st. I definitely have been saying this the whole season, but this year is loaded with TE talent. We need to grab someone good.
There's also a chance Ertz never gets to us. Just looking at other viable TE options we could draft. Besides, as great a fit as Jones is, I think I like Cooper better.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually like Joseph Fauria from UCLA. He's not projected until at least the second, maybe third. He's basically a big receiver. Ertz has a great 40 for his size and his team mate is a pretty decent prospect as well. We definitely agree about Cooper though.. really like the kid.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I actually like Joseph Fauria from UCLA. He's not projected until at least the second, maybe third. He's basically a big receiver. Ertz has a great 40 for his size and his team mate is a pretty decent prospect as well. We definitely agree about Cooper though.. really like the kid.
I've even seen him marked in the mid 4, not that I agree. I really like Fauria too. His uncle wasn't half bad for the Patriots, I think teams can get the same out of him. Toilolo needs to stay in school for another year, but he has a lot of potential.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
To me this team could use a TE to take the offense to another level. A reliable blocker to leave in or a security blanket on passing downs. Oh and divas, dont bother applying.
Screw blockers, we have enough blocking TE. Give me a big target, with adequate blocking.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Would LOVE to get Eifert in round one, I want him or a pass rushing DE that would take or D to the next level and be top 5 D in the NFL. I must say though Eifert and Finley as a 2TE set would be a nightmare for DC around the league especially with our WR still being who they are. I still have faith in Finley with how he has played these last few weeks, as an article said he is seeming to attack the ball and defense more like the old Finley.
I agree that Finley is not as bad as reputed. Still needs to grow up a bit. Next season is his make / break year in GB.
Nelson, Finley, Eifert, Cobb, and Jones would not even be fair. Draft a good C, Sherrod gets healthy and is a first round talent, Bulaga gets back to 2011 form (that a lot to ask from the O-line, but none of them are unrealistic) or offense would scar me.
Sherrod hasn't proven a thing yet. Can't see all the love for him. Will have growing pains if he starts. Unsure what happened to Bulaga's play this year.
As I said getting an above average pass rushing 3-4 DE (Like that Richardson from Missouri who I have read has a great motor, remind you of someone?) would take this D to the next level. With Matthews being Matthews, Perry showing improvement and potential as the season wore on, albeit with the later games having less of him on the field, and a DE who can rush. We would have a pass rush back, already have a stud secondary, Bishop is Bishop, Hawk has shown more of his 2010 self this season so ILB are solid. Worthy and Raji would only face single teams and would be in more to stop the run than anything. Our D would be sick.
Perry only played 6 games, with stats in 4. Not much of a sample. Hopefully he shows up and improves this offseason to earn the spot. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14929/nick-perry Agree to need another DL, Pickett can't last forever.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I agree that Finley is not as bad as reputed. Still needs to grow up a bit. Next season is his make / break year in GB.

Sherrod hasn't proven a thing yet. Can't see all the love for him. Will have growing pains if he starts. Unsure what happened to Bulaga's play this year.
Actually that might be this year.

He showed up in college, that's where the love comes from. Yes he will have growing pains, but so will any rookie we draft, so think of him as a part of this year's draft class with 1st round talent. His development will directly correlate with his playing time IMO, so it's something we might as well deal with sooner rather than later, but that doesn't mean it's automatic that he starts. If he starts, it will be because he beat Newhouse straight up. Same applies to Perry. Both of them have played in games for us, and were starting to develop.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the pick order isn't final but SI has the Pack at 27 picking Notre Dame's TE Tyler Eifert in their mock draft. This would be ideal then we could say good bye to Finley and his attitude.

Members online

Latest posts