2012 season predictions

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The AFC wild cards will be the Buffalo Bills and San Diego Chargers... The Steelers don't make the playoffs and the Ravens have the second best record in the AFC (behind only the Pats).

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason the Packers don't win 13 or 14 games.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC
North-Packers
South-Panthers
East-Eagles
West-Seahawks
WC1-Lions
WC2-Falcons

AFC
North-Ravens
South-Texans
East-Pats
West-Chargers
WC1-Bills
WC2-Broncos

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Won't be a popular opinion here but I feel the Saints will be pretty dangerous. In fact I can already hear Drew Brees giving a rousing "us vs. them" speech to his offense before a game.....

Sure Payton is gone. But, it is still his team this year. Just like it was Dungy's team in 2009 when the Colts got to the SB with Cardboard Caldwell.

I also won't sleep on the Steelers in the AFC. Too many are counting them out I feel this season.

Oh, and the Pats schedule. WHAT A JOKE. If they don't get the first or second seed then I might be stunned. Even one of their tough games (Texans) ends up being the THIRD away game in a row for Houston.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton manning flops

Bills make the playoffs

Chiefs win division

Lesean McCoy is the best RB in fantasy football

Houston wins the AFC

Eli misses the playoffs

Romo wins the east and dez has a great year. Still gets arrested in 2013 though.

Kyle Rudolph breaks out

Saints take 2nd in division. Brees is sloppy and throws a ton of picks

Megatron falls victim to the curse

Cam newton says what sophomore slump

RG3 doesn't play 16 games

Andrew Luck plays like a rookie QB but team sees potential and realizes it has more issues on defense.

Russell Wilson mania sweeps the northwest

9ers fall back to reality without a QB of merit

Tom Brady starts to show his age

Gronk is in a sex scandal

Ravens D is questionable all season

Ray Lewis has his last season

Brett Favre name comes back in the media during the season

Randy moss also has his last season

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC
North-Packers
South-Panthers
East-Eagles
West-Seahawks
WC1-Lions
WC2-Falcons

AFC
North-Ravens
South-Texans
East-Pats
West-Chargers
WC1-Bills
WC2-Broncos

You don't think the Saints or the 9ers will make the playoffs? Interesting. I like the picks though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect them to have the DROY
Keuchly is good.
Not sure if he'll make the flashy plays that will get him the award.
Fully expecting Nick Perry to make a bunch of them.... sacks and sacks that cause fumbles = TDs.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't think the Saints or the 9ers will make the playoffs? Interesting. I like the picks though.

Saint's- no, too much chaos for the team...the "us vs them" story lines only really work in the movies, NFL teams need stability and they don't have that.

9er's - thats a tough one...they were 13-3 last year, but I think it's going to be a 9-7 type year for both them and the Seahawks, they play 8 games against tough teams, Packers, Lions, Bears, Pats, Seahawks (x2), Giants and Bills (except Seahawks play Carolina) . NFC West isn't good enough to have 2 teams in the playoffs, NFC North and South are both better overall conferences and take the WC spots

H

HardRightEdge

I predict that Ryan Tannehill's wife will be named rookie-hottie-wife-of-the-year. And she knows it, too.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
NFC north = Packers
NFC South = Panthers
NFC west = 49ers
NFC east = Giants
2 wild cards = Eagles and Bears

Pack takes the North easily, Saints don't go due to a lack of defense and the panthers take the division, 49ers easily take the west, Giants win their division but not by much.

AFC = Patriots, Texans, San Diego, Ravens
AFC wild cards = Broncos & Steelers

Phillip Rivers will bounce back this year, Texans are hungry from last season and will dominate, Broncos will sneak in a wild card spot due to Payton manning, Steelers will get 2nd wild card and go no further since they are on a decline and big Ben will further tear his rotator cuff and be out.

Super bowl: Packers vs Texans

or

49ers vs patriots

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Just regarding the Packers, here's McGinn's guess for the Packers season: 10-6. After writing they're likely to win the division and are capable of winning a title (and likely to remain serious contenders for several more seasons), he writes:
In analyzing this team, there are a few too many weaknesses without readily discernible solutions.
He goes on to detail them, including a less-than-stellar preseason by Rodgers and the offense as well as all the turnovers committed. Yes, it was just preseason but some of his concerns are valid. He ends by citing this stat: 23 teams have finished 14-2 or better. On average, those teams won 3.8 fewer games the following season. Thus his prediction of 10 wins.

For me I'll post it again: It matters much, much more how they're playing at the end of the season than at the beginning as long as they make the playoffs. Right now their roster contains 21 players with two seasons or less NFL experience, including 10 rookies. By the end of the season none of them that get significant playing time will be "rookies" and that portends well for finishing strong.

McGinn's prediction: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/a-packers-recession-may-be-ahead-u96lk0k-168562956.html
Here's a jsonline blog detailing 7 Packers 24 years-old and younger important to the Packers success this season: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/168617706.html

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just regarding the Packers, here's McGinn's guess for the Packers season: 10-6. After writing they're likely to win the division and are capable of winning a title (and likely to remain serious contenders for several more seasons), he writes: He goes on to detail them, including a less-than-stellar preseason by Rodgers and the offense as well as all the turnovers committed. Yes, it was just preseason but some of his concerns are valid. He ends by citing this stat: 23 teams have finished 14-2 or better. On average, those teams won 3.8 fewer games the following season. Thus his prediction of 10 wins.

For me I'll post it again: It matters much, much more how they're playing at the end of the season than at the beginning as long as they make the playoffs. Right now their roster contains 21 players with two seasons or less NFL experience, including 10 rookies. By the end of the season none of them that get significant playing time will be "rookies" and that portends well for finishing strong.

McGinn's prediction: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/a-packers-recession-may-be-ahead-u96lk0k-168562956.html
Here's a jsonline blog detailing 7 Packers 24 years-old and younger important to the Packers success this season: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/168617706.html
I like McGinn's objectivity, but sometimes it gets in the way of reason. No way we lose 6 games with this team, unless Rogers gets hurt for an extended time (like 6 games).

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like McGinn too, and agree with you about his reasoning. With the schedule this easy, there is no way they have more than 4 losses.

Him and Lori Nickles are the only two that didn't pick the Packers to go to the Super Bowl

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like McGinn too, and agree with you about his reasoning. With the schedule this easy, there is no way they have more than 4 losses.

Him and Lori Nickles are the only two that didn't pick the Packers to go to the Super Bowl

I personally feel we have a somewhat tough schedule. The first 4 weeks aren't easy at least

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Romo wins the east and dez has a great year. Still gets arrested in 2013 though.
Every year the Cowboys are supposed to be poised for championship. Every year I laugh.

Saints take 2nd in division. Brees is sloppy and throws a ton of picks
Not so sure...

Gronk is in a sex scandal thus Brett Favre name comes back in the media during the season.

Ravens D is questionable all season thus Ray Lewis has his last season. Ed Reed takes another year.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers go 13-3 with losses at Houston, at NYG, and at Chicago. Obviously, all three games are winnable. But, I just don't see a repeat performance of last year and nearly running the table. That'd be just ridiculous. I foresee the Vikes going 5-11. We did some good analysis breaking down the teams, with some fun banter too previewing the seasons: http://wp.me/p29VCs-aB

From a personnel standpoint, I'm still on the JMike bandwagon and see him finally breaking out. Remember, he is two years removed from his knee injury and had a full offseason this year. I'll readily admit I'm a JMike apologist, but if he's going to break out and join the elite group, this is the year to do it.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think the Packers go 13-3 with losses at Houston, at NYG, and at Chicago. Obviously, all three games are winnable. But, I just don't see a repeat performance of last year and nearly running the table. That'd be just ridiculous. I foresee the Vikes going 5-11. We did some good analysis breaking down the teams, with some fun banter too previewing the seasons: http://wp.me/p29VCs-aB

From a personnel standpoint, I'm still on the JMike bandwagon and see him finally breaking out. Remember, he is two years removed from his knee injury and had a full offseason this year. I'll readily admit I'm a JMike apologist, but if he's going to break out and join the elite group, this is the year to do it.
I'll say 12-4 with an 0-2 start.

I'm a fin fan too, but I don't think he'll cut it this year if chemistry was really his problem last year. Not when he has missed so much of the precious offseason play. Had he been in practice this would have been his year. No shot next year either as he gets nervous in his contract year.

Members online

Latest posts