2012 NFC NORTH DIVISION CHAMPS BABY!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CHICAGO -- It was easy, in the midst of the celebratory visitors' locker room at Soldier Field, to forget that one of the best players in the stadium hasn't been on the field in nearly two months. But Green Bay Packers cornerback Charles Woodson was standing among his teammates after they clinched their second consecutive NFC North title, pledging to return soon from a fractured collarbone and deriving great satisfaction from his team's 21-13 victory over the Chicago Bears.

Woodson said he agreed with doctors and team officials who decided to hold him out of the game -- mostly because everyone agreed the Packers could beat the Bears without him.

"Right now the team is playing well," Woodson said. "And we felt like they could come down here and get a 'W whether I played or not. And they did. The consensus is that when I do come back, we're going to make sure it's 100 percent. That's it."

So would it make sense now for Woodson to rest another few weeks before the playoffs begin? Woodson said he would "much rather" return before then to "get some game time and speed" but that no decision have been made.

The Packers' secondary played well Sunday without him, holding Bears receiver Brandon Marshall to six receptions for 56 yards and one touchdown while drawing three offensive pass interference calls against rookie Alshon Jeffery. Woodson admitted he was stunned at that turn of events.

"I'm going to tell you this," he said, "I'm very, very surprised, but also very happy that the defensive back got those calls, because we never get those calls. ... For blatant pushoffs that those guys get away with, to have those called, that meant a lot to me."

During a long interview session with reporters, Woodson mostly brushed off Marshall's criticism of him last week. He called Marshall's attempt to raise the intensity in this series "corny" and added: "I don't really appreciate the man speaking my name. I don't know Brandon. But we're NFC North champions. That's all I care about."

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Had to LOL the Chicago sports writers blaming the REFS,for the Bears losing, it was only Legit in Seattle...Bear Babys..

L

Lunchboxer

Id have Woodson fully heal and come back for maybe parts of the Vikings game. But fully return in Playoffs.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just remind them about the Week 3 Bears game from 2010. That was a game with ref issues.
GOod call.... that was the worst ever.... 18 or 19 penalties on us.
2 were bogus calls that removed Jay Cutler interceptions.
One was on Tauscher for a bogus hold on a TD pass to Finley.
And then they let 2 guys block in the back on a Hester punt return, that resulted in a TD.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could have been a route, but any win is sweet. Especially a win that knocks the Bears out of the division. But I am worried that Marshall may need more medicine to get through the crisis.....

Reaction score
So that makes this the 2nd time a Cutler/Marshall led team choked away a division lead?
Like - back in 08, they just had to win one more game and they're champs - chargers out ....
This year, they're 7-1, we're wiped out with injuries, sitting at 5-3 .... and we beat 'em for the Division.

12theTruth

It'd be great to see the Packers at all cylinders in one of these last two games. I have a feeling Jordy, Starks, CJ Wilson will all be out next week still. But we should have enough ammo to take care of the Titans at home. The Vikings could be a tough game even if we have much to play for. Remember the Vikes beat the 49ers at home. Granted that was with Smith and not Kaepernick but that is a formidable defense unit in San Fran... and the Vikes handled them better than the Pack. Can the Packers put on a dominating offensive performance with the pass protection we offer for Rodgers? I guess I will await with bated breath.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be ready for Woodson to come back. At least in the last game against the Vikings but only if he's ready for the playoffs.
IMO they're going to hold Jordy out until the playoffs to give his hammy time to heal. It'd be nice to have him back but I'd rather he sit & get healthy for the playoffs

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
S
It'd be great to see the Packers at all cylinders in one of these last two games. I have a feeling Jordy, Starks, CJ Wilson will all be out next week still. But we should have enough ammo to take care of the Titans at home. The Vikings could be a tough game even if we have much to play for. Remember the Vikes beat the 49ers at home. Granted that was with Smith and not Kaepernick but that is a formidable defense unit in San Fran... and the Vikes handled them better than the Pack. Can the Packers put on a dominating offensive performance with the pass protection we offer for Rodgers? I guess I will await with bated breath.
tarks is out for the season. Also something our D will likely be playing for is to not let AD break ****ersons record against us. He just needs 292 yards.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Vit, let him have the record. Here's why...

1). Sure, he's a Viking, but he could end up being in the same conversation with Walter Payton and Barry Sanders as the "best there ever was". In the grand scheme of things, ****erson is really just kind of a footnote in NFL History. I mean afterall, he did play for the Rams, right? Peterson has been a "good guy" even though he's made the Pack defense look pretty stupid over the years.

2). If Peterson gets the record and the Pack still win the game...it's no skin off our nose. Now, if Peterson gets the record AND the Pack lose to the Vikies -- well, in that case I'll be pissed AND Peterson is then an ice-hole bastige. See? I've got it all covered.

Members online

Latest posts