2012 Draft - Round 2, Pick 19, Overall 51 - Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say I'm surprised by the way that the scouts are dumping on Worthy. With a few exceptions they all read the same: Worthy has a ton of talent, could be a beast but he just doesn't give enough effort. Flashes but no substance. This seems to be the scouts' bottom line on Worthy.

Hope he proves them all wrong.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say I'm surprised by the way that the scouts are dumping on Worthy. With a few exceptions they all read the same: Worthy has a ton of talent, could be a beast but he just doesn't give enough effort. Flashes but no substance. This seems to be the scouts' bottom line on Worthy.

Hope he proves them all wrong.

After watching his highlight clips from last year there was enough footage for five minutes worth of plays of him beating the guard/center and creating a negative loss play. He was often double teamed at Michigan State and asked to be the "man" and he would get worn down in games. With us he will see more single player blocking and will be a rotational player which should help to keep him fresh and motivated. I think we finally found a replacement for Cullen Jenkins.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the pick.

As soon as I saw TT move up I knew Worthy was going to be the pick.

Two things are the knock on Worthy -that he takes plays off, and in trying to anticipate the snap count, he is often flagged for offsides. He lead the NCAA in offsides penalties. Hopefully by rotating him in, he will stay motivated on every snap that he plays and works on his offsides penalties. Nothing worse than extending an opponents drive on 3rd and 3 when caught by a hard count...

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really believe we have possibly the best defensive line coach in the league in Mike Trgovac. He hasn't really had much to work with in the way of raw talent (Mike Neal was a pretty good specimen, but couldn't get healthy), so I'm pretty excited to see what this kid can do in a couple years with good coaching, being worked into a rotation initially, and getting his NFL body with a couple off-seasons.

It's pretty exciting to think we now have a much improved pass rush with the additions of Perry, Worthy and Hargrove. Hopefully this will also allow CM3 and Raji to return to their 2010 form.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this pick so much because he was a first round talent who fell to the second round. He was a guy a lot of experts had the Packers taking in the firs tround. Guy looks like a monster.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st round talent with a very high ceiling. Has shown flashes of complete dominance but also stretches of less than average. Could be a money sucker or could be the genius pick of the draft. Only time will tell

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts