1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 Yahoo Mock Draft 1.0

Discussion in '2011 Draft Archive' started by 7thFloorRA, Feb 10, 2011.

1. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +649 / 42 / -2
    So yahoo put out their first mock draft for the 2011 class.

It has the Pack taking J.J. Watt with the last pick in the 1st round. I like it. It also has the Vikings taking Mallett with 12th pick which I think is a huge reach and thus compromises the integrity of this mock draft. Still, I like the thought of getting Watt.

NFP Mock Draft 1.0: Fairley's No. 1 - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
  2. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317 / 0 / -0
    I STILL can't believe Luck didn't declare.
  3. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    I don't know Cam Newton, but I know he doesn't want to go play for the Bills.
  4. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217 / 3 / -0
    I'm not, his status was falling, hopefully for him a good senior season will land him in a good spot...
  5. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -0
    I am from Iowa, and all of my kids and all of my money go to the U of Iowa.
    I am also a big Hawkeye football fan, so please believe me when I say this...

Adrian Clayborn? You can have him, not a Green Bay Packer type of player. Lazy,out of shape, ( wore out EVERY game in the 4th qtr) plays when he wants to, can't stay out of trouble. Don't even think about wanting him.
  6. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317 / 0 / -0
    Not by much. I bet he still had a very high chance of going #1 overall and certainly would've been picked top 10.
  7. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217 / 3 / -0
    only because there isn't another QB wroth picking up otherwise, Luck would have been the top choice by default
  8. Calhoun Lambeau

Calhoun Lambeau Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I seriously doubt JJ Watt is available with the 32nd pick. The more and more scouting departments watch this guy the more raving reviews he gets, he's considered by many to be the top 34 end in the draft. I don't see him slipping outside the top 20, but it's early, anything can happen.
  9. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    Luck would've been the no doubt #1 pick. And he would've landed in Carolina with 2 elite running backs and Steve Smith. There's worse situations.

I said it here before, but Luck to me is the most NFL ready prospect I've seen since Carson Palmer, who I think would still be an elite QB had he not gotten the injury bug.

Of all the potentially great QB's taken recently (Stafford, Ryan, Flaaco, Bradford, Sanchez), I think Luck has the potential to be better than all of them.

I think he majorly ****** up by not coming out.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    There is no way Luck would have dropped. When was the last time a team stated to the press that they would take such-or-such before the guy even declares, which the Panthers said about Luck. By him not declaring, he ruined a lock for a pick. I am not sold on Watt, but this year's draft is so volatile this early. Over two months to go. Plus, anything can happen in the first 31 picks.
  11. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I be excited to see us take Brandon Harris CB out of Miami. He's a good size kid with real good speed. Having Woodson mentor him would be a huge plus and give us a real good CB when Woodson retires. Don't know if he will fall that far. Seen him on the boards anywhere from 12 to early 2nd round.
  12. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +649 / 42 / -2
    I would take the other pouncey in a second if he were around and my sleeper is Hankerson. He could be a bad bad man in this offense.