2011 Practice Squad

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. They have to put them on the active roster though but you can pick players. The Pack picked up Nance last year off Atlanta's PC.

Great to see West and Gurley there. Awesome.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Glad to see Harrell made it on there. Ross and Gurley were good additions as well. I'm a little surprised no one picked up Gurley.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, from my understanding any team can claim a player off another team's practice squad.
However, that player then is added to the acquiring team's active roster. The fact that these
players all ready cleared waivers shows that there wasn't huge interest in them, but there is
still a chance another team may add them later on in the year.

I'm glad to see Gurley, West, Harrell and Dominguez are still part of the team at this time.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Gordy? Did a different team pick him up? I would have rather had him than Ross, but overall I'm very happy about this. I really like that Gurley, West, Harrell, and Saine made it.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far so good. Hope some of these guys have a chance during the season.

Reaction score
I'm sure it won't be long before 2 of the players on the practice squad will get called up to play for us. It is only a matter of time before our players start dropping like fleas knowing our luck.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I didn't see anything out of Saine to warrant a spot on the practice squad. Must have been impressive in practice.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
like this squad a lot, unfortunately that probably means some of them will be signed by other teams.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...any team can claim a player off another team's practice squad.
However, that player then is added to the acquiring team's active roster.

Question: When Team A wishes to sign a player off of Team B's practice squad, does Team B get a last chance to bump that player up onto their roster (i.e. "right of first refusal")?

JASIII

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When a team wants to sign a player off another teams PS, the player has to agree to the transaction. A player CAN refuse the second teams offer and stay on the PS. So in a sense, yes a 'right of first refusal' does exist: If a player is on Team A's practice squad, and Team B makes that player an offer to be on their 53 man roster, Team A can offer the player a spot and elevate them from the squad. But that means releasing a player currently on the 53. Just about every player on a PS wants to be on an active roster pretty bad, so when an offer comes along most players take it and sign to Team B.

Members online

Latest posts