2011 Playoffs

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too feel the Stealers will drop down a bit in power this coming season. Bring on the Jets and Rex, whom has said his team will win it all this year.

Yes, the Pack could have been up by another TD or two in the SB without the dropped passes.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I too feel the Stealers will drop down a bit in power this coming season. Bring on the Jets and Rex, whom has said his team will win it all this year.

Yes, the Pack could have been up by another TD or two in the SB without the dropped passes.

You have to remember, the world according to Rex Ryan don't always work

:happy0005:

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker in the AFC, AKA Tom Brady will make sure Rex's Hutt Jets don't make it next year! (Or at least I hope!)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only teams I'm worried about in the NFC next year are the Saints, and maybe the Eagles (they were one play from beating us this season).

Atlanta? They are a joke. After this year's beatdown, and their failure to fire their defensive coordinator, I expect them to lose every year in the playoffs to the Packers. (Similar to how the Pack struggled against Dallas in the 90s.) "Matty Ice"? LOL, that guy still hasn't won a playoff game.

Tampa Bay? Probably too young and inexperienced. Giants? Probably on the decline. Bears? LOL. Cowboys? Not sure.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Atlanta benefited from a weak schedule and no injuries. Anyone could have went 13-3 in the South this year. The Saints probably could have been 13-3 or 14-2 without the injuries and letting half of their O-Line go during the off season.

I'm more worried about the Lions and Giants than I am of the Saints, Falcons, Eagles, and everyone else.

The Eagles are aging. They better protect Vick if they want to keep him, and as far as Kevin Kolb who was supposed to whoop ***, he SUCKS BAD.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Me neither, and think about this: we out-turnovered them 3-0, and still barely pulled it out. So really they could have easily beaten us.

That being said, I think the Steelers will suffer a letdown. They've had some downs in the middle of these past 6 years... I think they will again. AFC is tough.
What????
We were without two of our best offensive threats most of the season (RB, TE), losses in all areas but we battled through. You'd have to think we might get a little bit lucky on the injury front next year.
We lost our #2 CB for the entire second half of the game, our nickel back for the third quarter while our #2 was out. You think it was close?
We lost our #2 WR for the half too. Really? We "still barely pulled it out"???
The only reason to think we barely pulled it out is to believe our 4th string should be as strong as everyone else's 1st string. When we won SB XXXI we were healthy across the board, this is clearly our best SB win. We won it with backups and you wanna say we "just pulled it out"????
"They could have easily beat us"????
Well, they didn't champ, they didn't easily beat us, in fact, they didn't beat us at all.
AFC isn't so tough, NFC has won two in a row, what makes you quake in your boots about the AFC? Rex Ryan?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Big Ben had a rating of 30 before Woodson went out, and 110 after Woodson went out. Pitt started scoring only because of Woodson's injury.

Our offense struggled big time in the 3rd quarter due to drops and the loss of Driver. Rodgers was forced to throw a few times to Swain, and Swain showed why he is a #5 receiver.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Also, let's weigh in on the "defensive gurus". Capers got us 3 turnovers, Le Beau 0.
You can reanalyze this any way you want, but the bottom line is we had the best team in the NFL this year without a great deal of our playmakers. Makes you wonder how you'd be scared of the AFC doesn't it? If the Packers are healthy this year, you'd have to wonder how the "super bowl slump" will carry over to Jermichael Finley and Ryan Grant. Gotta wonder if Burnett or Neal will wanna prove themselves right?
Do you see Quarless going backwards next year or making strides like Jermichael did? Oh, let's not forget our buddy James Starks, he's not gonna add to our offensive threat this year is he? He's gifted as a receiver though we didn't see it this year. He was also a QB in high school. Can you say "wild cat"?
I think Newhouse adds an impact at guard that we haven't seen before and another OT in the draft to cultivate could be the beginnings of a dynasty.
This is going to be a fun year, it's been awhile since we've had back to back SB champs. Buy your Packer gear now. Steelers fans remind us to be ready for a Super Bowl slump. I"m betting dollars it's not gonna happen in titletown.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Big Ben had a rating of 30 before Woodson went out, and 110 after Woodson went out. Pitt started scoring only because of Woodson's injury.

You think Patrick Peterson's gonna turn Carolina into a .500 team?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Why are we still analyzing the Super Bowl like we got lucky?

NO ONE IS EVER EVER EVERRRRRRRRR GOING TO TAKE A LOMBARDI TROPHY AWAY!

And we didn't win off stupid bad officials like Pittsburgh did a few years ago. We need to be proud of that! We scored off turnovers, that's what a team is supposed to do! Despite dropped passes, and some bad plays, we still won!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
If we won the SB because we got lucky then I go back to the old adage:"We make our own luck." I still think we won because we were the best TEAM, not because we had the best talent at each position. Pitt has a lot of talent, but they were not and are not a TEAM.

Members online

Latest posts