2011 Playoffs

packfntk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I was thinking about it and I know it is a LOOOOOONG way away and even farther since we don't even have a new CBA, and FA and the draft haven't even happened, but what teams do you think will reach the playoffs this upcoming year? Beak them down by AFC and NFC.
AFC:
1- Baltimore- They are strong all the way around and I fully expect them to be the front runner in the AFC. Not completely sold on Flacco yet, but their D and O-Line will carry them.
2- San Diego- Everyone keeps saying that this is the year. Over and over, year after year. But I think PRiv and the crew put it together this year.
3- Indianapolis- They will get into the playoffs because they play in a weak division, a team IMO that is on the downslide.
4- New England- I am not a huge fan of Brady but they went 14-2 last year with guys like Woodhead.
5- Pittsburgh- Not the flashy team that we see all the time, but they just do what they do.
6- NYJ- HATE Rex Ryan but they put a winner out there. Tough D and if Sanchez gets hurt they may actually go further.
NFC:
1- Green Bay- Core nucleus is coming back and all the IR players. This is a deep young team.
2- Atlanta- Strong team all the way around. Play like beasts at home.
3- Philadelphia- If Vick plays like he did last year, watch out.
4- San Fransisco- They have too many 1st round picks to be bad. If they get someone worth half a grain of salt at QB they could be a contender.
5- New Orleans- Brees is just too good to be sitting at home in January. They make it, but they are not as strong as 2009.
6- Dallas- Hate the Cowgirls but they do have talent on their roster. I think they put it into play this year.
So that is my list. A few different teams from this year, but not too many. I am sure there are some posters that will have different ideas, but post them! And like I said, it is EARLY and A LOT will happen between now and the season, I am just judging on what ball clubs normally do between draft/FA.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's only one team I care about making the playoffs.
And that's the Toledo Mud Hens.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This is how I see the playoffs coming next year

NFC

#1 seed
Packers (12-4)
We have the roster depth to do it. Shitcago is not that big of a threat. I see them going 9-7, they won't be as lucky as last season.

#2 seed
Buccaneers (11-5)
I think Tampa can do it. Of all the teams in the South, they are the most improved and the youngest of them all. The Saints defense is declining, and they can't depend on Brees to throw 50 passes every game next year. Atlanta benefited from a weak schedule, like the rest of the South, look for them to fall flat 8-8 next year.

#3 seed
Giants (10-6)
I just have that feeling about the Giants. The East are still powerful and they should be benefiting from a weak schedule this year having to play the NFC West.

#4 seed
Rams (9-7)
Bradford can do it, I hope. Just hope to god that there is never another team with a losing record in the playoffs. 49ers will continue to fail as they rest a 7th year of hope on the greatest bust of all time. Seahawks, i don't think will get it done again, and the Cardinals are a joke.

#5 seed
Eagles (10-6)
Andy Ried is almost finished, and the Eagles themselves are on the decline, but they should be able to make it from a weak schedule

#6 seed
Lions (10-6)
Yeah, I think the Lions can actually do it this year before losing the first round.

AFC
#1 seed
Patriots (13-3)
NE will be trying to make up for their mistakes last year. Despite having a bad defense, they did lead the league in interceptions. Their offense is hard to stop too

#2 seed
Steelers (11-5)
I don't see the Bengals doing anything, or Cleveland, or the Ravens stopping Pittsburgh from winning the division again.

#3 seed
Chiefs (10-6)
I'm going to pick KC to repeat as winners of the West. Something just tells me they are trying, and their defense is getting better.

#4 seed
Colts (10-6)
They will continue to dominate a weak division as they have done for a decade now. Colts are on the decline, and people are finally waking up and realizing how truly overrated Manning is.

#5 seed
Ravens (10-6)
I'm not a believer in Baltimore. Their offense has yet to impress me other than Joe Flacco's ZERO pocket awareness when under pressure, but their aging defense will get something done.

#6 seed
Jets (9-7)
Ugh I hate saying this, but Jabba the Hutt will get his team into the playoffs again, barely before losing early. I agree that they will probably win more games if Jabba's slave aka Sanchez gets hurt. I believe the Colts will feed them to the Rancor this go around though.

Biggest disappointments for next season
Cowboys will go 8-8 not living up to their band wagon's hype
of making it to the championship game

Falcons will not benefit from a weak schedule next year

49er fans will try to act surprised that they still can't win with Alex Smith

Washington will go through yet another terrible season with a coach that's time is over with

Jay Cutler's arm

Cam Newton will be a bust

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill Simmons: 2010 NFL preview - ESPN

Kind of an in depth article on how to pick playoff contenders for a season, but I used it lasat year and I'll use it again this year. Using this last year I got got most playoff picks right except I had the lions making the playoffs instead of the bears lions being the wildcard w/ us winning division.

Anybody who likes Bill simmons should read it anyways.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling Detroit (Detroit?) may be somewhat competitive this year and not just bottom feeders, which will be the ViQueens new dwelling, for awhile.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how many wins for the Vikings? Depending on if Webb is QB... I say 5. Only because of AP.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early to tell. Depends which of top FA sign where and what positions teams choose to improve in the draft.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Living here in San Diego, I see the Chargers will be fighting to stay out of the cellar with Denver,,,,,,,,,,there are so many player/AJ Smith issues...so erase them from your playoff predictions

Totally agree.

Still trying to learn how Oakland swept their division and missed the playoffs. They may finally be doing something right

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
This is how I see the playoffs coming next year

NFC

#1 seed
Packers (12-4)
We have the roster depth to do it. Shitcago is not that big of a threat. I see them going 9-7, they won't be as lucky as last season.

#2 seed
Buccaneers (11-5)
I think Tampa can do it. Of all the teams in the South, they are the most improved and the youngest of them all. The Saints defense is declining, and they can't depend on Brees to throw 50 passes every game next year. Atlanta benefited from a weak schedule, like the rest of the South, look for them to fall flat 8-8 next year.

#3 seed
Giants (10-6)
I just have that feeling about the Giants. The East are still powerful and they should be benefiting from a weak schedule this year having to play the NFC West.

#4 seed
Rams (9-7)
Bradford can do it, I hope. Just hope to god that there is never another team with a losing record in the playoffs. 49ers will continue to fail as they rest a 7th year of hope on the greatest bust of all time. Seahawks, i don't think will get it done again, and the Cardinals are a joke.

#5 seed
Eagles (10-6)
Andy Ried is almost finished, and the Eagles themselves are on the decline, but they should be able to make it from a weak schedule

#6 seed
Lions (10-6)
Yeah, I think the Lions can actually do it this year before losing the first round.

AFC
#1 seed
Patriots (13-3)
NE will be trying to make up for their mistakes last year. Despite having a bad defense, they did lead the league in interceptions. Their offense is hard to stop too

#2 seed
Steelers (11-5)
I don't see the Bengals doing anything, or Cleveland, or the Ravens stopping Pittsburgh from winning the division again.

#3 seed
Chiefs (10-6)
I'm going to pick KC to repeat as winners of the West. Something just tells me they are trying, and their defense is getting better.

#4 seed
Colts (10-6)
They will continue to dominate a weak division as they have done for a decade now. Colts are on the decline, and people are finally waking up and realizing how truly overrated Manning is.

#5 seed
Ravens (10-6)
I'm not a believer in Baltimore. Their offense has yet to impress me other than Joe Flacco's ZERO pocket awareness when under pressure, but their aging defense will get something done.

#6 seed
Jets (9-7)
Ugh I hate saying this, but Jabba the Hutt will get his team into the playoffs again, barely before losing early. I agree that they will probably win more games if Jabba's slave aka Sanchez gets hurt. I believe the Colts will feed them to the Rancor this go around though.

Biggest disappointments for next season
Cowboys will go 8-8 not living up to their band wagon's hype
of making it to the championship game

Falcons will not benefit from a weak schedule next year

49er fans will try to act surprised that they still can't win with Alex Smith

Washington will go through yet another terrible season with a coach that's time is over with

Jay Cutler's arm

Cam Newton will be a bust

I like where you put the Lions. I think they're going to be real contendors this upcoming season.
Also, the Giants.
The Patriots...not so much. I think Brady's glory years are over, as well as Manning.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets wait till people get drafted and people get signed this offseason
With the rare exceptions (like Peppers to the Bears, Reggie to the Packers), free agent signings rarely make much of a difference.
And draft picks rarely make a big immediate difference (see our 2 & 3 Mike Neal and Morgan Burnett).
So that being said, it's not too early:

NFC
#1- Green Bay 13-3
#2- New Orleans 12-4
#3- NY Giants 11-5
#4- Arizona 9-7
#5- Dallas 10-6
#6- Atlanta 10-6

AFC
#1- San Diego 12-4
#2- Indianapolis 12-4
#3- New England 11-5
#4- Baltimore 11-5
#5- NY Jets 10-6
#6- Houston 10-6

NFC Championship: Green Bay over Dallas (Dallas and Atlanta win as wildcard road teams.... Dallas beats AZ and Atl beats NYG, then Dallas wins at NO and the Packers beat Atlanta)

AFC Championship: Baltimore over New England

Super Bowl XLVI: Green Bay over Baltimore 37-17

:happy0005:

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think that's way too many teams that were in the playoffs this past season. history shows that every season there's about a half a dozen teams in the playoffs that didn't make it the previous year. I'd say 2 of the top 4 seeds from last year make it back tho (duh bears still suck of course), and we all know no one repeats in the nfc south EVER. i think new orleans and tampa run that division next year. 49ers get hyped up every year then dissapoint. cowgirls will be mediocre at best.

nfc: i've got packers, eagles, saints, bucs, rams, and giants

afc: patriots, steelers, chargers, colts, texans (they're defense can only get better, and the afc south is much weaker than it used to be) and jets

however, i wouldn't be surprised if the eagles struggle (teams started figuring out how to stop vick), the bills go 8-8 (their offense was actually pretty good last year, fitzpatrick is underrated) or if the lions get a wildcard birth (assuming of course that stafford can stay healthy, which is as likely as al davis making a good 1st round draft pick)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's just say I would not be real surprised to see another Packers/Squealers rematch next year.
Me neither, and think about this: we out-turnovered them 3-0, and still barely pulled it out. So really they could have easily beaten us.

That being said, I think the Steelers will suffer a letdown. They've had some downs in the middle of these past 6 years... I think they will again. AFC is tough.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the playoffs to come back to Lambeau.
I wanna see A-Rod make up for and surpass BrINT's mistake.
It's time to bring play off victories back to and in front of the Green Bay faithful.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Me neither, and think about this: we out-turnovered them 3-0, and still barely pulled it out. So really they could have easily beaten us.

That being said, I think the Steelers will suffer a letdown. They've had some downs in the middle of these past 6 years... I think they will again. AFC is tough.

A few non-dropped passes could of devastated the Steelers. But yeah a Steelers let down would be nice, let the Bengals do well for a change.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
We can play the "what if's" game all day long. I'm glad we don't have to because, in the end, we WON! I too would be surprised to see a rematch, but let's hope we are there for the opportunity.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts